Macbeth Creative Assignent

What should I do(eaisest):

1. Dramatization
  2. Children’s Story
  3. Long soliliquy

any Ideas??

whichever seems easiest to you.

i’ve never really read macbeth, but for just about any story, i would personally suggest a dramatization. i don’t really have the patience to write a long soliloquy, and trying to dumb the story down to a children’s tale has proven too difficult for me.

but you should always pick whatever you feel you can do.

Oh man, if there was a Macbeth childrens story, I’d so buy it!

Yeah, do a children’s story, that sounds so damn cool!

Depends on your strengths. I’d find the soliloquy the most fun (maybe not the easiest).

Elaborate, though: would that be memorizing and delivering one from the play, or devising one of your own that would be relevant to the theme of the work?

A MacBeth children’s story would be wicked cool, though.

If you think you can write it as a children’s story you should try that, but I have a feeling it can be a little hard to make it simple enough for kids and still keep the gist of it, since there are a lot of creepy elements.
Otherwise I’d say do the dramatization. :slight_smile: But I don’t know what would suit you best, that’s the important thing.

How exactly do you dramatize Shakespeare? It’s already MacBeth, fer chrissake, how to put more drama into it? I’d say go with the children’s story…that way you don’t have to worry about your lines being compared unfavorably to the Bard’s.

RPT: by playing it out? That’s what I think it is. That’s what you should do. Macbeth has great lines.

I’d go for the children’s story thing. I loved the one episonde of teh Simpsons with the dumbed down story of Hamlet, it was hilarious.

Originally posted by BahamutXero
I’d go for the children’s story thing. I loved the one episonde of teh Simpsons with the dumbed down story of Hamlet, it was hilarious.

i agree. my favorite part:

moe: now remember, he gets one practice stab.

ralph: oh boy! (stabs himself with the sword and promptly dies)

I’d go for the dramatization. There are a ton of excellent quotes that, if used properly, could be dramatized in a non-script format very well.

I don’t exactly know what your long soliliquy assignment would be. What, you rewrite one of MacBeth’s soliliquy’s? Or create your own?

If that’s what you mean by dramatization, then by all means! All of the Shakespeare I’ve ever encountered has come across MUCH better in action.

mua ha ha ha ha…