M:TG Discussion

K, I have one more deck, and I <b>love</b> it :slight_smile:

Blue deck, aptly titled “Twist 'n smash”
<b>Lands</b>
<u>29</u> Islands (you’ll see why I have so many)

<b>Sorceries</b>
<u>2</u> Touch of Brilliance
(Draw two cards.)
<u>2</u> Wash Out
(Return all permanents of the color of your choice to their owners’ hands.)

<b>Creatures</b>
<u>1</u> Rishadan Brigand [3/2 Flying]
(When Rishadan Brigand comes into play, each opponent sacrifices a permanent unless he or she pays three mana of any type. Rishada Brigand may only block creatures with flying.)
<u>2</u> Coastal Drake [2/1 Flying]
(Pay 1 mana of any color and 1 blue manaReturn target Kavu to its owner’s hand.)
<u>1</u> Armored Galleon [5/4]
(Can’t attack unless opponent has an island in play.)
<u>1</u> Blockade Runner [2/2]
(Pay one blue mana: Blockade Runner is unblockable this turn.)
<u>1</u> Vigilant Drake [3/3 Flying]
(Pay 2 mana of any type and 1 blue mana: Untap Vigilant Drake.)
<u>1</u> Killer Whale [3/5]
(Pay one blue mana: Killer Whale gains flying until end of turn.)
<u>1</u> Leviathan [10/10 Trample]
(Comes into play tapped. Sacrifice two islands to untap Leviathan. Can’t attack unless you sacrifice two islands.)
<u>1</u> Tidal Kraken [6/6 Unblockable]
<u>1</u> Saprazzan Outrigger [5/5]
(When it attacks or blocks, put it on top of its owner’s library at the end of combat.)
<u>1</u> Giant Octopus [3/3]

<b>Enchantments</b>
<u>2</u> Dehydration [Enchant Creature]
(Enchanted creature doesn’t untap during its controller’s untap step.)
<u>2</u> Travaler’s Cloak [Enchant Creature]
When it comes into play, choose a land type, and it will have that landwalk. When it comes into play, draw a card.)
<u>1</u> Alexi’s Cloak [Enchant Creature]
(Play it as an instant. Enchanted creature can’t be the target of spells or abilities.)

<b>Instants</b>
<u>1</u> Spell Blast
(Counter spell with total casting cost equal to X mana.)
<u>1</u> Shadow Rift
(Target creature gains shadow until end of turn. [Can’t be attacked unless the blocking creature has shadow as well] Draw a card.)
<u>3</u> Exclude
(Counter target spell. Draw a card.)
<u>2</u> Opportunity
(Target player draws four cards.)
<u>1</u> Hydroblast
(Counter target red spell or destroy target red permanent.)
<u>1</u> Rushing River [Kicker—Sacrifice a land]
(Return target permanent to its owner’s hand. If the kicker was paid, do it again.)
<u>2</u> Repulse
(Return target creature to its owner’s hand. Draw a card.)
<u>1</u> Confound
(Counter target spell that targets one or more creatures. Draw a card.)

After the Dominarian storyline ended, I lost almost all interest in Magic. I’ll pick back up on it one day when I’m filthy fucking rich and the gamecube becomes boring. slight sarcasm.

If the old storyline kicks back up, or some roots show up, then I’m back in.

Other than that, those are some pretty damn sweet decks!

I want my Devouring Strossus ;.;

The only problem with Leviathan is the extra cost to untap and attack. Either you hit hard and run over your opponent or you’ll run out of islands soon.

As for Clerics, they really need decent protection, and that’s why Zealous Inquisitor and Battlefield Paramedic should be included in the mix. Doubtless One will probably eliminate the need for spells like Renwed Faith, making some room for something destructive. Also, since Clerics have a relatively low cost, which can be lowered thanks to Edgewalker, you can pour them all in and then cast Armageddon and leave your opponent without mana for a few turns. Then storm in with Doubtless One and Vile Deacon and it’s Game Over.

Also, Tribal Unity should be added to any green deck with a single creature type. It’s not exactly Coat of Arms, but it’s the next best thing.

Also, try giving Fear to Cabal Executioner and you’ll have a surefire way to wipe out a large portion of your opponent’s creatures. Leviathan? What Leviathan?!

And for added fun, try casting a powerful enhancement spell on Butcher Orgg… Mwahahahaha!

Originally posted by Manus Dei
The only problem with Leviathan is the extra cost to untap and attack. Either you hit hard and run over your opponent or you’ll run out of islands soon.

Exactly the reason I have 29 friggin islands :stuck_out_tongue:

I play a type:extended zombie deck.
It might not be the most pwnzoring deck ever… But I like it, it has won most of the matches I’ve played so far…

Mostly based on Soulless One, Noxious Ghoul, Patriarc’s Bidding and Buried Alive… Preferrably comboed :stuck_out_tongue:
Another really nice card is Festering Goblin, and Zombie Cannibal is OK…
I’ll get a cardlist of it soon. :slight_smile:

Btw…

Originally posted by Stevus <u>1</u> Scorching Lava [Kicker—1 red mana.]
(Deal 2 damage to target creature or player. If kicker’s paid, that creature cannot be regenerated this turn, and if put into the graveyard, remove it from the game.)

Scorching Lava deals 1 damage…
I suggest using Carbonize (Scourge) instead… It does 3 dam for 1R and removes from the game if it kill a creature…
A LOT better…

And the IoG + Donate combo is even nicer if you add a boomerang at the end of it :stuck_out_tongue:
It’s still very easy to mess up, but it’s a cool combo…

You’re right. Desintegrate or Carbonize would be better choices than Scorching Lava.

Also, try combining Donate with Wretched Anurid and then using something that will put an insane amount of 1/1 creature tokens in play.

Krosan Colossus may not have a regenerating ability, but it’s as strong as Devouring Strossos.

Now, a problem with the Invasion set’s Dragon Legends is the fact that they’re 6/6 multicolored creatures. Akroma is also 6/6, but has haste, trample, first strike, protection from red and protection from black, and that makes things a bit difficult for Rith, Crosis, Darigaaz and Dromar. But a good backup startegy will bring her down. Just a matter of pumping Treva up a bit. Or you can just pull out Whip Silk and let a Krosan Colossus play with her a bit (OUCH!).

Traveler’s Cloak is a valuable addition to any sneak attack deck. Combining it with a card like Raven Guild Master will send your opponent’s library overboard.

I have a deck based around Scalpalexis and Raven Guild Master. Bye bye, deck.

Now THAT’s what I call a Royal Flush!:slight_smile:
Not even one of those insane Living Death-based decks would stand a chance!

No deckout deck is complete without a Millstone, or if you have Blue, Ambassador Laquatis. :slight_smile:

And BTW, I LOVE the new storyline.

Here was the core of that deck:

4 Scalpelexis
4 Raven Guild Master
4 Crafty Pathmage
2 Mobilization
2 Opposition

Book Burning, eat your heart out!
And for total destruction fans, Decree of Annihillation will be a fine treat.

Blue control decks are an old concept, but thanks to the Mistforms, Peer Pressure and a few more goodies, things are getting very interesting.

Originally posted by GG Crono 4
No deckout deck is complete without a Millstone, or if you have Blue, Ambassador Laquatis. :slight_smile:

I’m Building a Deck With Ambassador Laquatus, 4 Rootwater Thiefs…And I’m hoping to get Millstones -_-;

I have DoA. I’ll never use it, but it’s fun to flash it around hear offers for it.

And reanimation decks would still be able to beat a Scalp deck since they tend to stuff them with 1 copy of each of the monstrous legends, so it’s unlikely that there’ll be two cards with the same name since reanimations can afford to keep a low mana count.

But if you want to see a real mill card, look at Brain Freeze.

Yea, combo that with Wirewood Channeler, another Elf, and Pemmin’s Aura. Just Cunning Wish for a Cunning Wish 9476829692790760707650874260876402 times and then Brain Freeze.

And I really have to put Insurrection to good use… Mwahahaha!
As soon as my opponent plays his huge ultimate monster, it’s in the bag!

Since this became a combo thread:

Thorn Elemental + Regeneration. (greenies)

or

Personal Incarnation + the 6 circles of protection. (whiteys)

Figure it out how to use them together.

I just bought a box of Judgement (36 boosters) for $80USD… So happy, saved 30$… Anyway, here’s what I got.

Silver Seraph
Burning Wish
Death Wish x2
Wormfang Mantra x2
Solitary Confinement
Guiltfeeder x2
Cephalid Constable
Mirari’s Wake
Epic Struggle
Scalpelexis
Test of Endurance
Wormfang Behemoth
Phantom Nishoba x2
Worldgorger Dragon x2
Shaman’s Trance
Balthor, the Defiled
Crush of Wurms
Commander Eesha
Cunning Wish
Glory
Phantom Nantuko
Anurid Brushopper
Lightning Surge
Dwarven Bloodboiler
Sutured Ghoul
Seedtime
Jeska, Warrior Adept
Hunting Grounds
Sylvan Safekeeper
Morality Shift
Genesis

Foils:
Valor
Guided Strike
Anurid Swarmsnapper
Krosan Wayfarer
Border Patrol
Grip of Amnesia

Zeta’s deck of maximum evil-ness:

10 Islands
14 Plains
2 CoP: White
2 CoP: Blue
2 CoP: Green
2 CoP: Black
2 CoP: Blue
2 Millstone
1 Spellbook
1 Soul Net
1 Sisay’s Ring
1 Clockwork Beast
1 Ensnaring Bridge
2 Ironfist Crusher
2 Exiled Doomsayer
4 Honor Guard
2 Angel of Mercy
2 Auramancer
1 Righteous Cause
1 Worship
1 Circle of Solace
1 Renewed Faith
2 Disenchant
1 Holy Day
1 Unquestioned Authority
1 Testament of Faith
2 Aven Envoy
1 Stronghold Machinist
2 Mistform Mutant
3 Lost in Thought
1 Chamber of Manipulation
1 Prohibit
2 Memory Lapse
1 Meddle
1 Reminisce
1 Envelop
1 Steal Artifact
2 Spy Network

More than 60, but kick-ass nonetheless.

Impressive. I’ve got to find out where I can get booster boxes around here. Just getting Jareth took me months and buying cards one by one is out of the question.