Luther Vandross dies at 54

CNN says so.

How sad, I thought he was getting better. He had hypertension and diabetes in his family though, and when you say that you lost 100 pounds 13 times in your life, you know that’s going to come back on you.

It’s still sad though.

Luther Vandross dies at 54

Where’s 54? I’ve never been there…

Its an expression. It means that the guy died at the age of 54.

I know that. Sarcasm doesn’t translate well on the internet.

Who?

Right. Your don’t live in the US, so I can understand why you wouldn’t know him.

He was one of the greatest R&B singers of perhaps all time. Platinum albums and all that. He hasn’t been around as much because of his stroke and because he’s gotten older, so it makes sense why some might be clueless about who he is in this generation.

Damn, that guy was a good artist… he will be missed :\

Damn, music is just dying(sp?) now… there’s not much quality stuff, or people left…

May the music live forever!

Ninten:cool:

Good old days syndrome sucks.

Hahaha, that isn’t funny at all!

It makes me sad that all these legends are dying, and we have nothing to replace them with. :too bad:

Pierson: Maybe we do and just don’t appreciate them yet. God nows many artists were never appreciated early in their careers. We’ll see 10-20 years from now.

Sorry to hear about Vandross. Thought I wasn’t a big fan, I liked his performances, and he does indeed have many fans.

I hope he died without much pain, and that his loved ones get over the loss soon.
:too bad: