Lunar Legends...

I’m a bit disappointed with it. Sure it looks better than the previous versions, but the story is so different and the battle system lacks the strategy that the originals had. The battle system feels just like any other RPG since the characters don’t run around. Also, the story differences are annoying (although these are mostly from already playing the PSX version which just adds to the Sega CD version). It is almost like they took the world of Lunar and rewrote the whole story. Very little is the same. The graphics are very nice though and the cut scenes are fairly well done given the limited power. It is just a bit disappointing, I’m still gonna finish though and it still quite good.

I gave up on Lunar Legends at the Grindery. I hated it, and how they butchered it. Especially what they did to Ghaleon’s dialogue!

The Battle System: Poor
Dialogue: Horrible
Plot: Stupid
Cutscenes: Cheezy fuzzy crap
Menues: Annoying, hard to use and worthless

If the real Lunar games are ANYTHING like this game…ugh, it’s not worth looking into.

Originally posted by MegamanX2K
[b]The Battle System: Poor
Dialogue: Horrible
Plot: Stupid
Cutscenes: Cheezy fuzzy crap
Menues: Annoying, hard to use and worthless

If the real Lunar games are ANYTHING like this game…ugh, it’s not worth looking into. [/b]

Don’t worry, the PSX version is MUCH better!

Is the battle system more streamlined?
Do the menus make sense?
Does it even TRY to innovate just a little as opposed to emulating every old RPG I can think of?
Does it allow you to trade-off equipment? (This one doesn’t, I HATE that!)
Is the dialogue less cheezy?

No.
hell yes.
Don’t quite understand.
Yes.
yes to the fifteenth power.

Lunar SSSC and EBC are some of the best PSX games available. I think they qualify as the best remixes ever made. Working Design received nothing but praise for what they did. It’s pretty traditional in terms of story, but it has a lot of heart. The music is excellent, the dialogue is amongst the best and there’s even voice acting (some). The battles are fun and the graphics, though not ffx, aren’t eyesores.

"Does it even TRY to innovate just a little as opposed to emulating every old RPG I can think of? "

Not really. The thing about Lunar is, it’s a very cliche RPG executed too well to bitch about. Taken at face value, it’s kinda mediocre. But, it pays attention to details that most other games do not, which is what makes it so fucking cool.

The best part of Eternal Blue is the Whole “Mystere” dialogue thingy! God, I burst out laughing whenever I cast some Earth Magic with him! XD

SG, maybe, but in this case, it wasn’t. Also, it cliches some poor aspects of Console RPGs, for instance, the battle system being the “Select everything in the beginning and hope it turns out OK” system.

I’m not really talking about gameplay though. Both Lunar games are like that, but it’s kinda annoying in the first one admittedly. In the second one it’s nicer cos it gives you an idea of what’s gonna happen if you use certain skills on people (It tells you if they’re weak to it or strong against it, and stuf flike that). I’m talking mainly about story things, like character interaction most specifically.

Lunar IS a classic RPG so if you’re looking for something else, I wouldn’t go there. It’s a great RPG series and something you can play and fondly remember the days of yore. That and the anime scenes are a nice touch.

YOU-U Need a Spanking!

…remind me to start using my Mystere soundclips in the chat.

Originally posted by RoguePaladinTrian
[b]YOU-U Need a Spanking!

…remind me to start using my Mystere soundclips in the chat. [/b]

I also like Leo’s 'SAMPLE MY GOODS!" thingy for when you make him use an item. ^^

Or the equally delightful “Taste my refreshment!”

The all-time classic has to be Mystere’s “Discipline feels good!” People always got the wrong idea when they walked by as I was playing that part of the game…

Personally, me and my friends thought that Borgan’s death cry ("…How…Demeaning…") was the funniest line. :stuck_out_tongue: Leo and Mystere pretty much steal the show though.

I like Lunar Legends, must be because I love Lunar Series. Remember, it’s GBA kids.

I’m glad that I’m not the only one with these feelings.

Exo, the GBA isn’t very limiting. Look at Golden Sun. 1000% better. I hardly care about the graphics, it’s the shitty gameplay that bothers me.