Lufia 2: Gades sucks!

I was wondering if there is any easier way to kill Gades then the physical hits/pray that maxim doesn’t die b4 casting strong strategy that I used. I managed to pull it off, but it was a bit annoying. I was rather suprised when Maxim and Selan got hitched afterward. it was rather funny.

IIRC you fight Gades twice in Lufia 2 right? One time you have a potential to kill him, but it’s more likely you’ll die, and another time you fight him with Selan and Maxim alone…I THINK. Which one of these two times did you fight him? I haven’t played that for several months.

Look up the Lufia 2 shrine to answer your question.

I got a game over the first time that I lost it so it wasn’t an optional victory. My party was Maxim, Guy, and the infamous Dekar.

You dont have to worry about Gades,the next time you fight him again in the game after beating him with Maxim,Guy,and Dekar is almost at the end and by then you will beat him just after a few hits

Originally posted by deathstryke
I got a game over the first time that I lost it so it wasn’t an optional victory. My party was Maxim, Guy, and the infamous Dekar.

Yes it is an optional victory. If you’re strong enough you can take him down. If not, you can lose and advance the storyline.

Okay, this is all from my own memory and experience:

When you first fight, Gades, in the Gordovan Tower, you have Maxim, Selan, Tia, and Guy. Normally, you’d lose. Bigtime. But if you’re patient enough to level your guys up to mid-thirties or early-forties, then you should be good. Make sure Selan or Tia< preferably Selan, has the Mind ring from the Treasure Sword shrine thing. Have her use it’s IP attack, Stronger, every round, and have the other help too with any extra healing needed. If you can find a moment, use one of ther girls to give Maxim and Guy a physical attack boost. They’ll be doing most of the damage this fight, and they’ll need all the help they can get. If you beat Gades, you get the Gades Blade, a powerful weapon that yuou can take with you into the ancient cave later, so yay for the Blade. But you still lose to him outside of battle, to progress the story. So boo.

Second time around, he’ll be easy. if you’re good. I suggest giving Maxim the Mind Ring before going. That’ll help a bit.

Ok, are any of you even paying attention? He means the battle in the tower east of Bound (forget the name >_>), not the Gordovan Tower. Anyway, what I do here is have Maxim focus on healing with both spells and IP, and have Guy and Dekar save up IP for their heaviest hitting attacks. There’s a good place to level in the tower just before Gades, so if he’s too tough you can gain a couple levels pretty quick and see if that helps.

Originally posted by Sohee
Ok, are any of you even paying attention? He means the battle in the tower east of Bound (forget the name >_>), not the Gordovan Tower.

Of course, I only just noticed that after I typed up my post. But eh, I’m tyoo lazy to edit it.

Well I know one of the times, I think when your alone you must lose. Another time you fight him, if you can beat him in one turn you get the Gades Blade. The last time you fight him is at the end of the game on Doom Island

EDIT: O crap, comp didn’t load like last four posts. anyways if your having more trouble, I remember I used the IP skill “Sluggish” on Gades and it worked quite well.

Also another non-related question, should I cover spoilers on this board? Even if the topic question asks it?

Originally posted by YourWorstEnemy
Well I know one of the times, I think when your alone you must lose.
That’s Lufia 1 you’re thinking of.

so basically i was just a little lax on training. i just cleared the tower where Idura kidnaps jeros and my levels are about 25ish.