Lovely. "Patriotism" right in my own college.

I’ve always been dazzled by American patrionism: Which seems to involve sweating and farting into clothes with the American flag on it.
It’s part of what keeps me to my anti-patriotic ways.

Pretty much, Perc. “French fries” have been officially renamed as “freedom fries”, among other things.

Originally posted by Nulani
I’ve always been dazzled by American patrionism: Which seems to involve sweating and farting into clothes with the American flag on it.
It’s part of what keeps me to my anti-patriotic ways.

Heh…same here

It’s just incredibly silly. A small thing, yet, not even worth the change. Food is food. And quite frankl;y, I dom’t see how “Freedom Fries” “Freedom Toast”, dumping french wine, or boycotting french restaurants help any.

Besides show our displeasure in a “Duh… Americans are stupid” kind of way.

I mean with the wine, you think the French care? WE bought it, once we bought it: Gee theres a brilliant act right there.Pay them to tell us how much we hate them. If you don’t like the french, buy californian wine.

:noway: Just plain stupid…

I agree with Nulani and Kor. Some thing are just plain useless. The war is ending anyway.

Hey Frame, you still got that “Call them freedom fries or the terrorists win” pic?

i agree, our patriotic ways are difficult to understand, but they really could’ve thought of a better name than “fried egg toast.”

couldn’t you?

Jingo Bells, Jingo Bells, Jingo All The Way…

And now our Fearless Leaders and Big Brother Number 1 are talking about France facing “repurcussions” from us for not backing us on this war in Iraq (last Thursday’s New York Times National Edition).

Also, Bush apparently plans to, while attending an international confrence of some sort in France, he will be staying in a hotel across the border in Switzerland. OOOH, that’ll show them.

Oy…

Ahh fun…

It makes you wonder if -actual- french food (or chinese or any other country that makes some remark or acts aganst the wishes of the great and all mighty US of A) might get ban. That would be interesting.

I doubt it though, but hey, who knows? Personaly, I still enjoy my french toast, and if I ever go somewere, I will make sure to correct as many people as I can, thought I bet I’ll end up with a few black eyes :stuck_out_tongue:

:kissy:

Originally posted by KaiserVonAlmasy
Also, Bush apparently plans to, while attending an international confrence of some sort in France, he will be staying in a hotel across the border in Switzerland. OOOH, that’ll show them.

Actually, I think it would be for paranoia safety reasons. I mean, they didn’t back the US in the war against Iraq, of COURSE there’s gonna be 3000 people trying to kill Bush. Especially in FRANCE.

I do hope that he’ll get pie-faced though.

Freedom fries, fried egg toast… what’s next, tongue-fight kissing? Funny thing is, the Bulgarians invented French Fries… err, I mean Freedom fries.

Really?..heh…I don’t know why…but people tend to confuse Bulgarians with Frenchs…maybe cuase they talk the same language O.o

For some reason I don’t see that happening Kor.

Although I SWEAR the first person to use “Freedom” in place of “French” around me will get smacked.

SS: It happens in My Country, a lot

Yeah, well, people are stupid in general. At least I can say that anyone I’ve told about this agreed that it was one of the most retarded things ever. And I mean that in the worse way possible.

These people give Americans a bad name.

Originally posted by Cless Alvein
These people give Americans a bad name.

And Behold!: Cless Alvein’s words of tremendous wisdom.

Well, actually since they probably call themselves “the true Americans”, maybe “true Americans” give the rest of the country a bad name :stuck_out_tongue:

Eats a big plate of fried egg toast, then Freedom fries

Fried egg toast is the stupidest thing ever. Freedom toast is cooler!

is one of those people who “gives Americans a bad name”

Can I punch you out then?

Originally posted by StarStorm
Can I punch you out then?

Go ahead. Knock yourself out.