Love Machine or Helpful Robot?

So I was looking around on the internet, and found an article on this robot that this guy made. Read the article and associated video.

For the most part, it’s pretty impressive (and useful), but strikes me as a bit creepy. Though I’d laugh my ass off to see her slap somebody.

There is a difference?

Creepy is indeed the word there. I actually saw this in the paper today. But…

The guy is too busy for romance but has enough time to program a fully-articulated robot with a 13,000-word vocabulary? WTF?

Uncanny Valley alert… that thing just looks creepy to me.

I have to wonder how much servicing she requires?

In all seriousness though, I have to admit that this is a pretty incredible example of making your own humanoid robot. Definitely needs to become easier to both acquire parts and to program before it can become practical though. There’s definitely room for improvement there (especially in the non-creepiness department).

He should adjust his glasses

I think that’s pretty cool. It’s impressive that he built this robot and that it can perform so many tasks. Yes there is the possibility of him using it for pleasure but there’s no harm in that. Sort of reminds me of a pulp science fiction story.

I don’t like the video, its not rigorous enough for me to believe it is truly all independent of the robot. I need more details to form an opinion.

She would be infinitely more attractive if she didn’t speak like Microsoft Anna.