Lousy new-generation gamers!

Just can’t appreciate the classics. How dare they make fun of Pong and Tetris! And Donkey Kong and Mario! And ET… well, that game WAS bad anyway…

http://www.egmmag.com/article2/0,4364,1338730,00.asp

Been there, done that.

Ahh here it is! http://agora.rpgclassics.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=13423

Well, I’ll still answer in this thread :stuck_out_tongue:

Anyway, I kinda feel sorry for those kids, they don’t even care about trying the game, you can tell that they just look at it, think “this sucks” and then whine.

If they played the games without automatically thinking that they suck because of lack of cool and flashy graphics (and explding stuff in Tetris O_o), they wouldn’t sound like such pathetic little whiners…

I’m not convinced those meddlesome kids are even real.

Oh fudgeberries, my bad, I didn’t notice there was a topic on it already,

Originally posted by Yar Kramer
I’m not convinced those meddlesome kids are even real.
I’m quite convinced they’re not.

Xwing1056

Oh okay cool.

EGM already had many letters pour in about how those “new-generation” kids didn’t know what they were talking about. Woo.

Originally posted by pokefreak_85
[b]Well, I’ll still answer in this thread :stuck_out_tongue:

Anyway, I kinda feel sorry for those kids, they don’t even care about trying the game, you can tell that they just look at it, think “this sucks” and then whine.

If they played the games without automatically thinking that they suck because of lack of cool and flashy graphics (and explding stuff in Tetris O_o), they wouldn’t sound like such pathetic little whiners… [/b]
In other words: New Gen gamers are graphics whores.

They couldn’t beat those old games, either.

Somethig else to blame on GTA

bangs her walker on the floor of the nursing home
Bah, now back in MY day we didn’t have all that fancy anti-aliased 3D environments…all we had were flat 2D pixels, and the occasional 3D-ish games like Starfox! Them young-un’s never had to play a game without using a memory card! We played 9 hours straight in order to get through a whole game, and if we died, we’d do it all over again till we won! grumblemutter

…Guess what happened today? I was playing Super MArio Bros 3 on my GBA just nice and quiet during the pause, and then some junior high smartass comes in, watches me play a bit and says “Bah, Gameboy! Oldies stuff sucks!” (Note that I had a GBA) and proceeded to whip out his N-Gage with Tony Hawk or something. I wanted to make a live re-enactment of the Penny Arcade comic after that…

Then some other kids started watching him play, and after that, they started fighting over game turns, and suddenly, he gets a call… hi-hi-hilarious…

Heheheh…it’s moments like that that we oldskool gamers live for.

That and new FFs. :hahaha;

EGM: Who’s that chick Mario is rescuing up there?

Brian: It’s Princess Peach.

Kirk: It’s a hooker.

Niko: She looks cut in half.

Tim: Oh wow—she’s one of those pole dancers.

It’s Pauline you idiots! I couldn’t help but chuckle when I read that. I wish I knew what a hooker was at 12.

Well, I can sort of understand that, when Super mario brothers and donkey kong came out, they were state of the art, they HAD to be fun, now we livbe in an age of complexity, and there are no longer simple games because, there are now newer things outy there, a whole generation was thrust into these new games, what can you expect. Once I rented Donkey kong64, I found I had more fun then the Donkey kong arcade game in the factory level, than I did with the actual game.

Ah, what a joy to be easily amused.

Oh! A rubber band ball.
bounce, bounce, bounce, etc.

Oh, I forgot to say that anyone who can’t appreciate Tetris doesn’t deserve to play video games. Period.

Tatris is cool. Brought in a lot of non-gamers… Heh.

I can’t blame you though Mabat. That just sucks ass. Kick his ass for gamers everywhere, please? But hey, ther’s one good thing about the GBA: If someone calls you on your cell, you can keep playing.

Originally posted by Mabatsekker
[b]…Guess what happened today? I was playing Super MArio Bros 3 on my GBA just nice and quiet during the pause, and then some junior high smartass comes in, watches me play a bit and says “Bah, Gameboy! Oldies stuff sucks!” (Note that I had a GBA) and proceeded to whip out his N-Gage with Tony Hawk or something. I wanted to make a live re-enactment of the Penny Arcade comic after that…

Then some other kids started watching him play, and after that, they started fighting over game turns, and suddenly, he gets a call… hi-hi-hilarious… [/b]

I wish my parents would have bought me a $300 peice of equipment when i was in high school. Hell I wish i had a cell phone in high school lol

I’ll probably keep on playing in the halls during the breaks. If they start mocking my beloved SMB3, I’ll start telling them about the times when games were 8-bit and if you wanted to play games in a bus, you’d have to lug the original BRICK-like GB with you… which consumed 4!!! batteries!

Only once have I kicked someone’s arse in that school… and that was 5 years ago.