Looks like pirates have found a way to run Linux on the GAMECUBE! XBOX isn't alone.

In all the non-staff forum threads that were searched, Wert only mentioned Linux in about 2 or 3 of them. The rest were mentioned by other people, once by Cyber himself :stuck_out_tongue:

I think your reply speaks for itself. I’d just like to remind you that I never mentioned any names in any of my posts with the possible exception of Wertigon being a reference to get news articles about Linux users being disliked.

If you don’t consider yourself a Linux fanatic then you have no reason to be outraged and there really is no reason to resort to childish name-calling. I am merely pointing out the uselessness of all these great Linux accomplishments and offering a reason for why people then to dislike those who are always totting the old Linux horn.

I all your furious outrage you seem to have totally forgotten to dispute my claim that trying to install Linux on a Game Cube is a useless accomplishment. Perhaps if you presented concrete evidence people would take you seriously and not as a Linux totting zealot which neither you nor I claim you are.

Originally posted by Cless Alvein
In all the non-staff forum threads that were searched, Wert only mentioned Linux in about 2 or 3 of them. The rest were mentioned by other people, once by Cyber himself :stuck_out_tongue:

Excellent…my plan is in motion…first preach about Linux, then get it stuck in their minds…then…oh yes then…insert evil laugh:mwahaha:

Originally posted by Dark Sand
[b]I think your reply speaks for itself. I’d just like to remind you that I never mentioned any names in any of my posts with the possible exception of Wertigon being a reference to get news articles about Linux users being disliked.

If you don’t consider yourself a Linux fanatic then you have no reason to be outraged and there really is no reason to resort to childish name-calling. I am merely pointing out the uselessness of all these great Linux accomplishments and offering a reason for why people then to dislike those who are always totting the old Linux horn.

I all your furious outrage you seem to have totally forgotten to dispute my claim that trying to install Linux on a Game Cube is a useless accomplishment. Perhaps if you presented concrete evidence people would take you seriously and not as a Linux totting zealot which neither you nor I claim you are. [/b]

DO YOU UNDERSTAND THE WORDS THAT I AM TYPING? Look below and tell me how I cannot interpet the reply as something directed at me and Wert, especially since it was only us too on the thread.

I really must thank you two for bringing this important news to the rest of us; I have to say that your dedication to the cause of Linux on everything is truly remarkable. Thanks to your steadfastness in the face of overwhelming odds I have finally seen the light.

Done looking it yet? Just for safe measure so that you see were my anger and frustration comes from. I’ll post it again for you to read.

I really must thank you two for bringing this important news to the rest of us; I have to say that your dedication to the cause of Linux on everything is truly remarkable. Thanks to your steadfastness in the face of overwhelming odds I have finally seen the light.

Alright, you see? YOU TWO , YOU TWO , YOU TWO, when you say that and there are only two posts, it kinds of leads one to belive that you are referring to the two that have posted prior to the message of YOU TWO. See? The thing I find funny is that had you not felt the need to post your annoiance with Linux posting, this thread would be dead and no longer read.

Did I ever say that this was good? No, I just said that it showed that the GC was as much a PC as the XBOX since hackers found out how to fun Linux on it similarly to how they found out how to run Linux on the XBOX. The main overall point was that the GC had been hacked.

All perfectly valid points, but I have yet to see any evidence to dispute what I said.

All perfectly valid points, but I have yet to see any evidence to dispute what I said.

Read my reply to your long post and you’ll find your evidence. Then look at the number of Linux posts on the board and see how few I really have posted and th eones I did post have very little to do with Linux and are nothing like what you said.

Oh I read you reply, fascinating once you ignore all the needless name calling and irrelevant information, however I see not a single piece of evidence countering my claim that all these wonderful accomplishments are useless and that the people who manage them contribute nothing of any value.

Of course since you claim to have provided some I’ll just assume that your calling me an ass was proof enough for you. I find such proof somewhat weak, but as you have mention several times I am the great one, I suppose that means that I need somewhat more concrete evidence. Oh well, you tried your best.

[b]Oh I read you reply, fascinating once you ignore all the needless name calling and irrelevant information, however I see not a single piece of evidence countering my claim that all these wonderful accomplishments are useless and that the people who manage them contribute nothing of any value.

Of course since you claim to have provided some I’ll just assume that your calling me an ass was proof enough for you. I find such proof somewhat weak, but as you have mention several times I am the great one, I suppose that means that I need somewhat more concrete evidence. Oh well, you tried your best. [/b]

Ok, maybe instead of saying it on a normal level, I’ll go Barney-style.

1. You claim that I am a Linux fanatic and that I bug everyone with many Linux threads. I don’t make Linux threads any more. I no longer preach about how good it is. I don’t post constantly about Linux. I’m not a Linux fanatic now. Linux is not my god.
  2. I have not made a Linux thread in 2 years. It has been quite a long time since I have made a Linux thread. Linux threads have not been produced by me in a long time.
  3. You were not around when I made those threads. You could not have seen the threads I made about Linux since you were not here. You did not visit the site when I made Linux threads.
  4. No one else is complaining about my using Linux in this thread. Not everyone feels the same way that you do, despite what you may think. You speak for yourself and no one else.
  5. You are blowing the Lonux aspect of this thread WAY out of proportion. You are misreading this thread. You can’t read. You only focus on the negative. You need to read what I type in its entirety.
  6. This is not a Linux thread. It is a GC/XBOX thread. Linux is not the focus of the thread. The GC and XBOX are the focus of the thread. Linux is important here.
  7. Wert and I are not the only ones that USE Linux here. Other people on the site do use Linux. There are more than 2 people that use Linux.
  8. You not being here plus an out of the blew rant equal unfound hate. You were not here when the Linux fad was around. You never saw my Linux posts. You don’t know what you are talking about. Your “evidence” is unfound. You have no basis for your evidence. Your evidence is false. You have no evidence.
  9. I have shown you through the threads that I don’t post tons about Linux, in fact I don’t post at all. The link that CC gave PROVES that I don’t about Linux like you say. You can’t interpret information properly. CC gave the evidence that destroys what you said many times over. Your statements are disproven with a link.

Another way.

My Linux posting -> I went to boot camp -> Lots of time passed -> You came here -> I post a thread about the GC and some Linux fanatics -> You take this thread as feverent Linux posting and become annoyed

?Hablas espanol?

I must say I’m disappointed, here I was hoping for a nice little debate about the usefulness of installing Linux on a Game Cube / X-box, however neither you nor Wertigon (I mention you two solely for the reason than you have been the most vocal in this thread) seem interested in refuting my claim that such a feat is useless.

1. You claim that I am a Linux fanatic and that I bug everyone with many Linux threads. I don’t make Linux threads any more. I no longer preach about how good it is. I don’t post constantly about Linux. I’m not a Linux fanatic now. Linux is not my god.

I never claimed you were a Linux fanatic, the only person here who has ever made that claim was you.

1. I have not made a Linux thread in 2 years. It has been quite a long time since I have made a Linux thread. Linux threads have not been produced by me in a long time.

Did I ever say you had? I mearly pointed out that Linux threads appear with irritating frequency.

1. You were not around when I made those threads. You could not have seen the threads I made about Linux since you were not here. You did not visit the site when I made Linux threads.

Are you really sure about that? I’ve been around rpgc since shortly after Zero joined, if you do the math that would put it around 1998/1999.

1. You are blowing the Lonux aspect of this thread WAY out of proportion. You are misreading this thread. You can’t read. You only focus on the negative. You need to read what I type in its entirety.

I read what you wrote, if I seem to have ignored some if it it’s simply because it is irrelivant to the topic of whether install Linux on a Game Cube is useful or not.

1. This is not a Linux thread. It is a GC/XBOX thread. Linux is not the focus of the thread. The GC and XBOX are the focus of the thread. Linux is important here.

Topics convey information about what is contained there-in, the topic says this is about Linux this one would naturally assume that this is a Linux thread. If you didn’t mean to talk about Linux then the tittle is misleading and since you created this thread you are at fault for the confusion.

1. Wert and I are not the only ones that USE Linux here. Other people on the site do use Linux. There are more than 2 people that use Linux.

Did I ever say that you were the only two who use Linux? I don’t recall saying so.

1. You not being here plus an out of the blew rant equal unfound hate. You were not here when the Linux fad was around. You never saw my Linux posts. You don’t know what you are talking about. Your “evidence” is unfound. You have no basis for your evidence. Your evidence is false. You have no evidence.

Of course I was around when you originally posted those Linux threads, I’ve been around for a long, long time. My evidence is based on links and news articles posted by people on this board about the topic of Linux, my information is based on that, I am not responsible if individuals her post incorrect of misleading information.

1. I have shown you through the threads that I don’t post tons about Linux, in fact I don’t post at all. The link that CC gave PROVES that I don’t about Linux like you say. You can’t interpret information properly. CC gave the evidence that destroys what you said many times over. Your statements are disproven with a link.

While perfectly true that you don’t post tons about Linux the fact is totally irrelivant since I never claimed that you did. My complaint is with the annoying frequency of Linux threads, and with the individuals who make them. As you have so rightly pointed out you don’t make them, thus I have no problem with you.

Since you seem to enjoy point by points I hope you’ll be able to follow this one. Again I want to point out that no one has offer any evidence contradicting my claim that installing Linux on a Game Cube is useless.

Originally posted by Infonick
Fair enough, however, you still inferred it with your first line:
The word is implied, not inferred. The speaker or author implies, the listener or reader infers.

Stop it, both of you, or take it to PMs - It’s not even worth getting agitated over this.

As for why anyone would want to run Linux on a 'cube - Well, the possibilities are still there; Since the Cube costs $99 you got a really cheap Beowulf cluster (aka super computer) running Linux for example. There might be some uses to it, but I stick to my previous point - It’s their systems, so they do what they want with it, but if they wanna do it it doesn’t really hurt anyone else, and might lead to something good.

Oh, and since when did liking something make one a Zealot? =P

Hmmm, I guess that would be kinda cool, just a little odd from a professional sence though.

“Hey what cha got there Bob?”
“Why a Nintendo GameCube, or our office’s soon to be new WEB SERVER!”
“Aww cool, wanna play smash brothers?”
“FUCK yeah, I call Ness!”
“Shit man, you always get Ness…”

LOL

Yeah, didn’t think of that. Hey, guys, now you have a perfect excuse for buying a GC to your office! :hahaha; :cool: :victoly:

I dont want to get into this or anything, but dark sand-

I must say I’m disappointed, here I was hoping for a nice little debate about the usefulness of installing Linux on a Game Cube / X-box

If that is so, than why do you provoke them, and turn your “nice little debate” into an argument?

Originally posted by Wertigon
[b]LOL

Yeah, didn’t think of that. Hey, guys, now you have a perfect excuse for buying a GC to your office! :hahaha; :cool: :victoly: [/b]

YOU GAMECUBE ZEALOT!1!!!111!1!!1one!!1one!

Frick…double post…sorry…delete this…

Again I want to point out that no one has offer any evidence contradicting my claim that installing Linux on a Game Cube is useless.

Duh. Gee, I like how you argue a point I agree with you on. Not only that, but since you did imply (thanks Flint) that I made those threads and bugged everyone, it doesn’t change my biggest aggrevation with you. I’m tired of stating points and having them ignored. It’s a waste of my time and my blood pressure has gone up.:too bad; Besides, was anyone else talking about how useless it was? No. Also, if that was your point, why add the insulting part about Linux fanatics and how there is no need for this thread since it is redundant? Why try to discuss a topic that annoys you and bugs the whole community? How can you speak about how Linux posts in general are bad and then at the end add a little thing that is suppose to be your main message to discuss in the topic? You can’t! If you wanted to discus that Linux on the GC was useless, you should have said just that and not attack Linux fanatics or accuse me of being one.

There is far too much ignorance towards computers. Of course older video game systems were computers. The original Nintendo used the same family of processors as the Apple II and the Commodore 64, and all three of those systems were tremendously popular.

Anyway, using the x86 architecture for a video game system is just stupid because it isn’t taking advantage of the specialized domain of the system to reduce system cost or add value. People don’t get a video game system because they want a general purpose computer, they want something that can play games. x86 architecture is just very bloated, as is windows. And they certainly weren’t designed with games in mind.

I don’t even think it’s so much that some Linux zealots are trying to install Linux on gaming consoles. It’s a challenge, and if they can pull it off, good for them. It’s when such people do such things simply for the purposes of gloating about them that it begins to get retarded.

And nice rant, DS, but of course you could have just directed people <a href=“http://www.penny-arcade.com/view.php3?date=2003-06-30&res=l”>here</a>. :stuck_out_tongue: