Looks like pirates have found a way to run Linux on the GAMECUBE! XBOX isn't alone.

http://www.maxconsole.com/?mode=comments&newsid=1033

See? This doesn’t even require modding the system! As this should show all the systems are computer based (even back to the earliest consoles that were just modded PCs), it is just architecture and design that differentiate the two.

Ya, it’s still not as interesting as a modded X-box though, since X-box is basicly X86 architecture and thus can run virtually any software compiled for Linux on X86…

I really must thank you two for bringing this important news to the rest of us; I have to say that your dedication to the cause of Linux on everything is truly remarkable. Thanks to your steadfastness in the face of overwhelming odds I have finally seen the light. Yes its true, I, one of the most valiant defenders of windows have finally come to realize the true meaning of the universe through the help of Linux. Then again maybe not, but one thing I’ve come to understand is why the hell Linux users are so fucking hated.

Now I’m not talking about the casual Linux user, the one who uses it at home or at work, I’m talking about the true hardcore fanatics out there who seem to think that Linux is the second coming and that the rest of us are going to go to hell if we don’t convert (you know who you are). I mean for crying out loud, you people are more persistent than Jehovah’s witnesses (no offense intended towards any of you who might be Jehovah’s witnesses), at least they only wake me up early on a Saturday morning every couple of months, but I’ll be dammed if every two or three weeks we get another “Linux is great”, “Linux can now be installed on that” thread.

However, that’s not the real reason for my rant, as I was saying, I finally understand why Linux fanatics are so hated, they’re a pariah, contributing nothing to society. Now before you get all outraged hear me out, I think this thread exemplifies everything that people hate about Linux fanatics. So there’s now a way to install Linux on the Gamecube, woopty fucking do, I don’t even want to image how many hours a dedicated group of Linux high priests spent divining the secret of how to pull that one off. Sure, we all had a good laugh when the great Linux sages discovered how to install it on the X-box, “Hahaha Linux on Microsoft, oh the irony.” But for crying out loud give it a fucking rest, what possible use could there be for installing Linux on a consol? No seriously, I’d love to hear it if there’s one, cause as far as I can figure the only gain to all this hard work is voiding the warranty on your consol and turning it into a weak pc that ends up costing you about twice as much as a generic pc would, and that’s not counting the countless hours of work involved.

If all those working tireless to accomplish all these useless feats actually put their talents to good use we’d be living on the moon for cripes sake. Tell you what, if someday you manage to install Linux on my pocket watch, then I’ll be impressed (its mechanical BTW). Until then I appeal once again to you to please just give it a fucking rest, I’m sure you have better things to do with your time than annoy the rest of us with something we’ve said time and time again we don’t care about.

[/end rant]

<b>DOWN WITH <strike>NINTENDO</strike> N$</b>

Originally posted by Dark Sand
[b]I really must thank you two for bringing this important news to the rest of us; I have to say that your dedication to the cause of Linux on everything is truly remarkable. Thanks to your steadfastness in the face of overwhelming odds I have finally seen the light. Yes its true, I, one of the most valiant defenders of windows have finally come to realize the true meaning of the universe through the help of Linux. Then again maybe not, but one thing I’ve come to understand is why the hell Linux users are so fucking hated.

Now I’m not talking about the casual Linux user, the one who uses it at home or at work, I’m talking about the true hardcore fanatics out there who seem to think that Linux is the second coming and that the rest of us are going to go to hell if we don’t convert (you know who you are). I mean for crying out loud, you people are more persistent than Jehovah’s witnesses (no offense intended towards any of you who might be Jehovah’s witnesses), at least they only wake me up early on a Saturday morning every couple of months, but I’ll be dammed if every two or three weeks we get another “Linux is great”, “Linux can now be installed on that” thread.

However, that’s not the real reason for my rant, as I was saying, I finally understand why Linux fanatics are so hated, they’re a pariah, contributing nothing to society. Now before you get all outraged hear me out, I think this thread exemplifies everything that people hate about Linux fanatics. So there’s now a way to install Linux on the Gamecube, woopty fucking do, I don’t even want to image how many hours a dedicated group of Linux high priests spent divining the secret of how to pull that one off. Sure, we all had a good laugh when the great Linux sages discovered how to install it on the X-box, “Hahaha Linux on Microsoft, oh the irony.” But for crying out loud give it a fucking rest, what possible use could there be for installing Linux on a consol? No seriously, I’d love to hear it if there’s one, cause as far as I can figure the only gain to all this hard work is voiding the warranty on your consol and turning it into a weak pc that ends up costing you about twice as much as a generic pc would, and that’s not counting the countless hours of work involved.

If all those working tireless to accomplish all these useless feats actually put their talents to good use we’d be living on the moon for cripes sake. Tell you what, if someday you manage to install Linux on my pocket watch, then I’ll be impressed (its mechanical BTW). Until then I appeal once again to you to please just give it a fucking rest, I’m sure you have better things to do with your time than annoy the rest of us with something we’ve said time and time again we don’t care about.

[/end rant] [/b]

And thnk you for completely misrinterpreting what I’m focusing and saying. I’m trying to say that the GC is as much of a PC as the XBOX since that is somethat lingers around and so much GC love. My main thing though is that the GC has been hacked (which I thought was impossible solely because of the proprietary media format). ALSO! Yes “also”, I put “Linux” in the title since I knew it would catch people’s eyes. Besides, WTF are you talking saying “I see why people hate you guys and your Linux” shit? You’ve hardly been around, I haven’t posted anything about Linux in a long ass time (at least over a year). I NEVER say that Windows sucks, in fact, in my last couple of Linux posts they were about how Linux is a viable alternative and showed how it was growing, but that I saw that Windows was necessary and had many strengths that Linux didn’t have. Fuck, you do one thing and it haunts you. I still think that some fo you are too hard on Linux, but I’m way over my Linux fanaticism. In fact, ever since I quite being a computer science major (about 2 years ago, shortly before I went to boot camp), I’ve rarely used Linux. I used for 3 months in the summer since my computer died, but stopped once I got it back. All right, thanks for being an ass. Jack ass.

Also, I can tell that you haven’t been around too long since you have said you “THREE”, not “you two”. Guess who the third is.

You seem to be missing the point, so I’ll make it crystal clear for you.

Originally Posted by Infonick
WTF are you talking saying “I see why people hate you guys and your Linux” shit?

Wertigon, through his innumerable posts about Linux bashing has provided enough empirical evidence to support the theory that Linux users are hated by other computer users. If you would like the exact article simply ask him, I’m sure that he’ll be more than happy to provide them to you.

That being said, we will operate under the hypothesis that Linux users are hated and then attempt to determine why.

Originally Posted by Dark Sand
but I’ll be dammed if every two or three weeks we get another “Linux is great”, “Linux can now be installed on that” thread.

Originally Posted by Infonick
You’ve hardly been around, I haven’t posted anything about Linux in a long ass time (at least over a year).

Carefully read over what I said, "every two or three weeks we get another “Linux is Great,” “Linux can…” Notice that I never mentioned posted by whom, your statement about not having posted about Linux in a long ass time this thus totally irrelevant since you nor anyone else was personally mentioned as having posted on the subject.

As for “You’ve hardly been around,” that statement is also incorrect, I’m always around. However, if by being around you mean that I don’t post endless pages of simple-minded or childish replies then no I haven’t. Of course that is a poor criteria for determining presence.

Originally Posted by Infonick
I NEVER say that Windows sucks, in fact, in my last couple of Linux posts they were about how Linux is a viable alternative and showed how it was growing, but that I saw that Windows was necessary and had many strengths that Linux didn’t have

I’m glad that you try to keep an open mind, perhaps Linux is a viable alternative, and perhaps it is growing. My problem isn’t with you presenting a well-founded structured argument about how Linux is a viable alternative and giving detailed facts to support your ideas, that’s called a debate.
My problem is with seeing the same topic brought forward again and again, not just by you, but also by several individuals (who shall remain nameless, again you know who you are). Once upon a time we heard you (I use you in a general term to represent all those who have posted on Linux), we took the time to read what you had to say, then you gave us more and we kept reading, then you started repeating yourself and we still paid attention, then you mostly ran out of new stuff and keep repeating yourself, that’s when we stopped caring.

We’ve been over the whole debate about how its easy to install now, but so is windows; its got programs for everything you want to do, so does windows; its free, so is window :ah-ha!:; its easy to learn, but I already know who to do everything I want on windows, so why bother?

After a while its all been said, but you still cry out to be heard. We hear you, but we just don’t care anymore.

Originally Posted by Infonick
I’m trying to say that the GC is as much of a PC as the XBOX since that is somewhat lingers around and so much GC love.

Of course the GC is a PC, in today’s world an unbelievable number of devices could be classified as PCs. If by PC you mean something that has an OS, can load data, and can execute a process then countless devices could be considered PCs, Cell Phones, mp3 Players, and PDAs amongst them.

Originally Posted by Infonick
but I’m way over my Linux fanaticism

Then you have no reason to be offended, by rant was directed strictly at those individuals who post regularly about the subject even after numerous people have kindly asked, almost begged them to give it a rest.

Originally Posted by Infonick
I still think that some of you are too hard on Linux,

Perhaps we are, I myself have on several occasions worked with Linux and I’ve never enjoyed the experience, it was cumbersome and finicky. I’ll be the first to admit that the highlight of my Linux experience was when I got a Kernal Panic (best error message ever, even better than the Catastrophic windows error). However, that being said you’ll notice that my rant in no way mentions whether Linux is good or not, simply that the die hard Linux users spend their days toiling away at what is essentially busy work.

Originally Posted by Infonick
In fact, ever since I quite being a computer science major (about 2 years ago, shortly before I went to boot camp), I’ve rarely used Linux. I used for 3 months in the summer since my computer died, but stopped once I got it back.

I’m not sure how relevant that really is, I don’t believe it was every stated that you need to be a computer science major to be a Linux user. I myself have a degree in computer science and I’m doing a degree in software engineering, does that make me a Linux user? Guess not. So you use Linux at home, so what, I don’t care, you can do what ever the hell you want in the comfort of your own home.

Originally Posted by Infonick
Also, I can tell that you haven’t been around too long since you have said you “THREE”, not “you two”. Guess who the third is.

I’m sorry, but I really can’t see where you get that three. In my opening, I referred to you two since at the time there were only two people who had previously posted in the topic. Now unless my arithmetic is wrong 2=2, but in the event that it is I apologize profusely. If it makes you feel any better you can remove the “two” from the first sentence. Of course doing so would imply that the rant was personally targeted at you, which it wasn’t, as I have mentioned, my rant targeted specifically against those Linux users who waste away their lived to accomplish such feats as installing Linux on an X-box and on a Game Cube.

As you can see your objections are entirely unfounded and I’d like to point out that you’ve presented little, if any evidence to dispute my claims. I think my rant represents the opinion of numerous individuals on the board, I just happen to be the only one who’s willing to take the flak for posting what he really thinks.

  1. It said Linux in the topic, I reply to it, does that make me a zealot?

  2. You’re judging a whole group of people because of a single individual.

  3. I DON’T hate Microsoft, even though there was a time when I did. There are some things that I even LIKE about Windows, and other products from Microsoft.

Yes, I like Linux. If I were to choose, I’d run Linux whenever possible, not because of a religiously overzealous blind belief that Linux is better, but because it’s easier to maintain and keep up to date than Windows, is infinitely more flexible than Windows and because it actually BOTHERS about security and security holes get patched up way faster than on Windows. This especially holds true in a corporate environment.

Not to mention Linux will NEVER have NGSCB, and if it does I can always choose to disable it. I don’t trust Microsoft enough to think they’ll give me that option.

  1. You might want to run Linux on a console because it gives you a cheap web/file/whatever server. $200 vs $700 - Your call.

  2. Thread close plz.

I don’t know. I just use my Gamecube to play games, not run my finances or anything.

I’m not even sure how to pronounce “Linux.”

An interesting reply Wertigon, however you as well seem to have missed the point and have failed to counter my arguments.

Originally Posted by Wertigon
1. It said Linux in the topic, I reply to it, does that make me a zealot?

I don’t recall saying that posting in a Linux thread made you a zealot, you reached that conclusion yourself.

Originally Posted by Wertigon
2. You’re judging a whole group of people because of a single individual.

That is also incorrect, I’m not judging a whole group based on the actions of an individual, my problem was never with Linux users in general. My problem is specifically with those Linux user who seem to waste their time trying to install it on everything. Qualifying these individuals as a group, I thus base my judgment of this group based on the collective work of all its members.

Originally Posted by Wertigon
[b]3. I DON’T hate Microsoft, even though there was a time when I did. There are some things that I even LIKE about Windows, and other products from Microsoft.
Yes, I like Linux. If I were to choose, I’d run Linux whenever possible, not because of a religiously overzealous blind belief that Linux is better, but because it’s easier to maintain and keep up to date than Windows, is infinitely more flexible than Windows and because it actually BOTHERS about security and security holes get patched up way faster than on Windows. This especially holds true in a corporate environment.

Not to mention Linux will NEVER have NGSCB, and if it does I can always choose to disable it. I don’t trust Microsoft enough to think they’ll give me that option. [/b]

So you don’t hate Microsoft, how does this in anyway relate to the topic at hand? In my rant I mentioned Microsoft only once and that was in pointing out the irony of having Linux run on the X-box. Your argument, while quite true is completely irrelevant.

Originally Posted by Wertigon
4. You might want to run Linux on a console because it gives you a cheap web/file/whatever server. $200 vs $700 - Your call.

Consoles are designed to process graphical information, not data. While they may be excellent at performing the former they aren’t quite as good at the later as they should be.

But ignoring that fact for now lets consider you’re point. In order to run a game cube web server you need:

  • 1 Game Cube
  • 1 Modem
  • 1 Keyboard (plus adapter to use it with the game cube)
  • 1 Hard drive

Notice the last item, a hard drive, that’s where your brilliant idea falls apart. The first 3 items are reasonably easy to get, but unless you want to load you website onto game cube memory cards and somehow pull it off its just a pile of circuits. Of course even if you manage to do it then you still have very limited storage space on the cards and if you’re going through all that trouble I’m sure you’d want more than 50 megs of web storage. So the only option is to plug in a hard drive, and that’s something that requires major work to pull off, far more work than the project deserves if you ask me.

Feel free to disagree, but I think this simple reasoning dismisses the idea of the game cube as a web server, which leads right back to the beginning, what’s the point?

I just want to finish with a quote from the chat from last night, I think this exemplifies perfectly several people’s opinion on the subject

[22:34] <Piney> I lost my watch today and now I’m worried that someone is trying to install Linux on it :frowning:

Originally posted by Dark Sand
[b]That is also incorrect, I’m not judging a whole group based on the actions of an individual, my problem was never with Linux users in general. My problem is specifically with those Linux user who seem to waste their time trying to install it on everything. Qualifying these individuals as a group, I thus base my judgment of this group based on the collective work of all its members.[b]

Why are people getting Linux to run as beowulf clusters? Why do they use it in embedded applications? Because they can. But there’s more to it than that; A need that drives them to see if it even can be DONE. If they wish to “waste their time”, I’m not going to stop them; It’s their time, they do what they want with it.

Originally posted by Dark Sand
[b]Consoles are designed to process graphical information, not data. While they may be excellent at performing the former they aren’t quite as good at the later as they should be.

But ignoring that fact for now lets consider you’re point. In order to run a game cube web server you need:

  • 1 Game Cube
  • 1 Modem
  • 1 Keyboard (plus adapter to use it with the game cube)
  • 1 Hard drive

Notice the last item, a hard drive, that’s where your brilliant idea falls apart.
[…][/b]

Actually, I am taking that into account. And that is precisely the reason why the X-box makes such a good Webserver - It might not be a state-of-the-art $10000 Solaris server, but it still works and more than adequately covers the home user’s needs.

And there is nothing that says that a 3rd-party or Nintendo won’t release a harddrive to Gamecube, like Sony did with their PS2.

Originally posted by Wertigon
4. You might want to run Linux on a console because it gives you a cheap web/file/whatever server. $200 vs $700 - Your call.
I’ve found computers on the side of a road that can run a web server. How about $0 + 15 bucks for an ethernet card?

5. Thread close plz.
As far as I’m conserned there really isn’t a reason to close this, rather then because you feel you’re losing the arguement.

Originally posted by Yar Kramer
I’m not even sure how to pronounce “Linux.”

Lee-nucks I think. I’d like to try Linux some time, I just can’t cause this computer is my parents and they’d get confused, plus they’d have to pay.

Dark Sand, I agree with you compleatly.

Im not saying linux is bad but what kind of insane batshit retard would want to run a WEB SERVER on a NINTENDO GAMECUBE? I mean, give me a break, whats next? Ret hat running off of an calicovision? Someone actualy programing their Playstation II to fire surface to air missles? I don’t care if it would cost only 200 dollars, thats insane!

Infonick, Wertigon, I don’t mind you use linux, but if someone actualy thought turning their Nintendo Gamecube into a working web server was a good idea, and actualy consider it progressive, well then, they’re just crazy.

Originally posted by Dark Sand
You seem to be missing the point, so I’ll make it crystal clear for you.

Oh please…

Originally posted by Dark Sand
Wertigon, through his innumerable posts about Linux bashing has provided enough empirical evidence to support the theory that Linux users are hated by other computer users. If you would like the exact article simply ask him, I’m sure that he’ll be more than happy to provide them to you.

So how does this make ME a Linux fanatic. You haven’t shown how I AM fanatic that bugs everyone about Linux. You’ve only heard of 2 years ago. Of course people can’t change in 2 years, oh no.

Originally posted by Dark Sand
That being said, we will operate under the hypothesis that Linux users are hated and then attempt to determine why.

I never relly thought that Linux users were hated on the site. I thought it was just the obscene amount of threads about Linux, but of course you’re salty so you know better.

Originally posted by Dark Sand
Carefully read over what I said, "every two or three weeks we get another “Linux is Great,” “Linux can…” Notice that I never mentioned posted by whom, your statement about not having posted about Linux in a long ass time this thus totally irrelevant since you nor anyone else was personally mentioned as having posted on the subject.

Fair enough, however, you still inferred it with your first line:

I really must thank you two for bringing this important news to the rest of us; I have to say that your dedication to the cause of Linux on everything is truly remarkable.

Why would you say such a thing if this is my first post relating to Linux in 2 years? I once again reiterate that I only put “Linux” in the title of the thread because it would catch attention because of your little rant/falame/whatever proves. However, I the GC computer part was my main focus.

Originally posted by Dark Sand
As for “You’ve hardly been around,” that statement is also incorrect, I’m always around. However, if by being around you mean that I don’t post endless pages of simple-minded or childish replies then no I haven’t. Of course that is a poor criteria for determining presence.

I’m not going by your post number. In fact I never look at post numbers. Look at my post number, do I post a lot? Fuck no! Not only that, but that number is pretty much my number for the year. However, I have my precense known since I’ve been here since before RPGC was even RPGC and there was only 1 shrine. I only said that you were knew since I only remember you since the summer (I just looked at your join date, however, so I’m sorry, but you are still pretty new, maybe it’s just my background). Also note that I rarely read threads. I only read ones I find interesting so the guys that do come in and just post a bunch of nonsense usually don’t pick-up my attention. If your threads are as you say they are, then I would remember them a bit more since those are the ones I usually read.

Originally posted by Dark Sand
I’m glad that you try to keep an open mind, perhaps Linux is a viable alternative, and perhaps it is growing. My problem isn’t with you presenting a well-founded structured argument about how Linux is a viable alternative and giving detailed facts to support your ideas, that’s called a debate.
My problem is with seeing the same topic brought forward again and again, not just by you, but also by several individuals (who shall remain nameless, again you know who you are). Once upon a time we heard you (I use you in a general term to represent all those who have posted on Linux), we took the time to read what you had to say, then you gave us more and we kept reading, then you started repeating yourself and we still paid attention, then you mostly ran out of new stuff and keep repeating yourself, that’s when we stopped caring.

Of course I’m sorry for bombarding with tons and tons of endless Linux topics. Oh wait! This is the first one I’ve posted since you’ve been here! However, ONE is such a large number. I mean one of anything could drive people crazy. After all , you know what they say about too much of a good thing and one is definitely too much. Hmmm, it appears to me that you never read what I posted about Linux. Otherwise you would have known that my Linux posts were ALWAYS backed by an article of some sort…Therefore, the repetitiveness you speak of isn’t true. Maybe the tiredness of Linux threads (which is partly why I stopped), but not the information in them. Of course, you are so wise as to remember what I said two years aog. You must of read along time before joining. I also love how you think of yourself so highly as to speak for the entire site. Since you of course know what everyone is thinking and wants. Why am I even debating this since you are an all knowing and all wise one.

Originally posted by Dark Sand
We’ve been over the whole debate about how its easy to install now, but so is windows; its got programs for everything you want to do, so does windows; its free, so is window :ah-ha!:; its easy to learn, but I already know who to do everything I want on windows, so why bother?

WTF does this have to do with the topic? Since when did I say Linux was easy? I never said that. I’ve said it was getting easier…TWO FUCKING YEARS ago. However, as I should ahve learned by now from you, people don’t change. Since i’m still buggineveryone with my numerous (read ONE) threads about Linux. Geez, I’m such an asshole. I actually stopped posting about Linux because it bothered people.

Originally posted by Dark Sand
After a while its all been said, but you still cry out to be heard. We hear you, but we just don’t care anymore.

When the FUCK have I cried to preach about Linux? Oh wait, TWO FUCKING YEARS ago. Ok, I get it, I posted about Linux a lot. I DON’T DO THAT ANYMORE! STOP SPEAKING AS IF I AM! If I’m postinga lot about anything it would be the military and the Marine Corps. Also, I’ve rarely been able to post since March so all your things about my posting constantly and bugging everyone about Linux is completely bogus. But wait, nothing you say can be bogus since you know all.

Originally posted by Dark Sand
Of course the GC is a PC, in today’s world an unbelievable number of devices could be classified as PCs. If by PC you mean something that has an OS, can load data, and can execute a process then countless devices could be considered PCs, Cell Phones, mp3 Players, and PDAs amongst them.

Read what I said earlier.

I’m trying to say that the GC is as much of a PC as the XBOX since that is somethat lingers around and so much GC love.

Looks like you missed something one great one.

Originally posted by Dark Sand
Then you have no reason to be offended, by rant was directed strictly at those individuals who post regularly about the subject even after numerous people have kindly asked, almost begged them to give it a rest.

I wouldn’t be offended had you not targeted me in your first sentences (and pretty much paragraph).

I really must thank you two for bringing this important news to the rest of us; I have to say that your dedication to the cause of Linux on everything is truly remarkable. Thanks to your steadfastness in the face of overwhelming odds I have finally seen the light.

See “Oh Great One”?

Originally posted by Dark Sand
Perhaps we are, I myself have on several occasions worked with Linux and I’ve never enjoyed the experience, it was cumbersome and finicky. I’ll be the first to admit that the highlight of my Linux experience was when I got a Kernal Panic (best error message ever, even better than the Catastrophic windows error). However, that being said you’ll notice that my rant in no way mentions whether Linux is good or not, simply that the die hard Linux users spend their days toiling away at what is essentially busy work.

I love how you constantly speak on behalf of the entire site. However, you may want to let the entire site speak for itself “Oh Great One” since you are misspreaking. Oh so you had a bad experience with Linux. Gee, your post about Linux sounds similar to the postive way I spoke of Linux and bugged everyone. Fuck, you piss me off. I don’t want to speak to you since it’s like speaking to a wall since you hold yourself so high.

Originally posted by Dark Sand
I’m not sure how relevant that really is, I don’t believe it was every stated that you need to be a computer science major to be a Linux user. I myself have a degree in computer science and I’m doing a degree in software engineering, does that make me a Linux user? Guess not. So you use Linux at home, so what, I don’t care, you can do what ever the hell you want in the comfort of your own home.

Actually, you don’t have to be a computer science major to understand Linux. If you knew anything about it or the community and how much Linux has grown in the past few years, you’d know that a majority of Linux users aren’t computer science majors. Really oh greta one? I can do whatever I want in my own home? Thank you Oh Great One. I was waiting for permission. However, wouldn’t that also include posting about Linux if I so choose to do so since i am in the comfort of my own home?

Originally posted by Dark Sand
I’m sorry, but I really can’t see where you get that three. In my opening, I referred to you two since at the time there were only two people who had previously posted in the topic. Now unless my arithmetic is wrong 2=2, but in the event that it is I apologize profusely. If it makes you feel any better you can remove the “two” from the first sentence. Of course doing so would imply that the rant was personally targeted at you, which it wasn’t, as I have mentioned, my rant targeted specifically against those Linux users who waste away their lived to accomplish such feats as installing Linux on an X-box and on a Game Cube.

The 3 comes from your knowing about my past Linux posting. If you were around to be bothered by my Linux posting you would ahve been around to know who the third person was. The third person is Xelo. Xelo was an avid Linux user too. In fact, Xelo and I would chat on Linux systems about those sort of things when I was a Linux fanatic. Just as he was. In fact, on the early posts Xelo would support my points. Hmm…looks like oyu fumbled the ball there Oh Great One. You complain about something I did in the past, however, it appears you never even saw what you speak of. It seems like you’ve only heard about it from bitter users. However, Sorc was the only bitter one who did what you are doing right now (which he stopped a year and a half ago since he realised that I don’t post about Linux anymore). You can’t drop the ball like that Oh Great One. That is two major fumbles right here.

Originally posted by Dark Sand
As you can see your objections are entirely unfounded and I’d like to point out that you’ve presented little, if any evidence to dispute my claims. I think my rant represents the opinion of numerous individuals on the board, I just happen to be the only one who’s willing to take the flak for posting what he really thinks.

I think the last couple replies will suffice Oh Great One. Also, you aren’ the only one willing to take the flak, you are just the only one willing to create bullshit.

Originally posted by BlueMageOne
Infonick, Wertigon, I don’t mind you use linux, but if someone actualy thought turning their Nintendo Gamecube into a working web server was a good idea, and actualy consider it progressive, well then, they’re just crazy.

Shut up BMO. You should know I don’t post feverently about Linux anymore. I may reply to Wert’s threads about Linux since I fidn some of thm interesting, but I don’t start threads about them. Also, I’m using Windows most of the time now. Linux is actually more of a project for me. I like learning about it from tiem to time, but I haven’t had the time in almost a year.

What the hell? I didn’t say you always posted stuff about linux! Thats compleatly irrelivent to what I posted. I don’t care that you like linux, I don’t get why anyone would think turning a Game Cube into a web server would be cool.

Originally posted by BlueMageOne
What the hell? I didn’t say you always posted stuff about linux! Thats compleatly irrelivent to what I posted. I don’t care that you like linux, I don’t get why anyone would think turning a Game Cube into a web server would be cool.

All right, I may have been a bit inflamed by a certain greta precense we have on the boards. Sorry. Yeah, the GC isn’t the best for it (however, it does have a native keyboard unlike the XBOX, even though it is ridiculously expensive). I just found it interesting that it COULD be. I’d have to say Slashdot is bit like the conservative Linux part of the Linux community. They’re always thinking of how they can something run Linux and about antyhing Linux. They are quite excessive.

Originally posted by Wertigon
1. It said Linux in the topic, I reply to it, does that make me a zealot?

  1. You ARE a zealot. I didn’t draw this conclusion from this thread, where you just posted a little sentence (before the argument)- I drew it from the fact you eat, sleep, and breathe Linux (as shown just about every time you’ve posted…).

http://agora.rpgclassics.com/search.php?s=&action=showresults&searchid=13999&sortby=lastpost&sortorder=descending

http://agora.rpgclassics.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=10853&highlight=Linux

Thanks CC, it gave me evidence to support what I’ve been saying. Gee, look at my most recent thread about Linux from JULY. I’m just preaching up a storm. I’d even post frequently until then since March.

Also Oh Great One, look at how many threads started dedicated to Linux. You can fidn one where I speak nicely about Linux, but that is similar in the way I’m preaching about Linux in this thread. It is on the last page about PS2s being networked together to form a super-computer. However, that was like this one in my trying to show that the XBOX is as much a console as the PS2 and GC. Even then, the thread isn’t really about Linux, it is about the PS2’s being used as a super computer.