Looking to buy a new comp... thus... a little help?

So funny the “dude” got busted for buying weed from an undercover cop or something. “dude youre going to jail”
suddenly thousands of sharp pointy objects strike me dead

“Dude you’re getting a cell!” was the joke. If you already have a copy of XP, it might be advantageous for you to recycle your current recyclable pc parts like your tower and build from scratch then.

Sorry it took me this long to get back to you, but I’ve been very busy the last few days. Alright, obviously you’re working with a very limited budget, I’ve tried to give you something powerful, but cheap. There are a few things which I recommend you invest in, but if you can’t afford them then I’ve provided a substitute. The prices listed are approximations (the cost of parts over here converted into USD).

<table>
<tr>
<td>Component</td>
<td>Part</td>
<td>Price</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td>Motherboard:</td>
<td>XP SOCK-A ASUS A7N8X 3DDR5P WL</td>
<td>$89.73</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td>CPU:</td>
<td>AMD ATHLON XP 2800+ 2.08GHZ 333 BOX</td>
<td>$135.67</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td>CD-ROM:</td>
<td>CD-RW LITEON 52/32/52 BOX</td>
<td>$35.17</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td>[b]Floppy Drive[/b]:</td>
<td>Generic 3.5" Floppy drive</td>
<td>$10.75</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td>Video Card:</td>
<td>ATI AGP RADEON AIW 9600 128MB BOX</td>
<td>$190.22</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td>Ram:</td>
<td>2x DIMM 333MHZ DDR NO-ECC 512 MEG STANDARD</td>
<td>$198.10</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td> </td>
<td>Total:</td>
<td>$659.64</td>
</tr>
</table>

In the above system you’ll need to salvage a hard drive, but everything else you need is included. I realise that this is more towards the upper end of your budget so here are a few suggestions to reduce the cost, keep in mind that what I’ve outlined above is a good system and that anything you remove will make it that much less powerfull.

You can remove one of the two ram DIMMs for a saving of about $99, but doing so will significantly reduce performance. You can also replace the video card by a less expensive model, the ATI Radeon 9600 is an excellent card which will give you good performance for it’s price, but if you want something cheaper you might want to consider an Asus Radeon such as the ASUS AGP RADEON 9200SE 64MB BOX which retails for about $50, but if you plan on using the PC for some serious gaming or running games such as UT2004 then you might not want to skimp too much on the video card.

Ok, it’s finally broken me. I go out today and buy a PoS from Walmart and get that upgraded.

I prefered “Dude, you’re going to hell!”

User Friendly is cool.

That said, silly me, I should go check online. FOUnd something attractive with a minium of upgrading…