Looking for some new games

I’m looking for some new RPGs to play, and was wondering if some could be recommended. I play and mostly like Final Fantasy (All expect 11) and Dragon Warrior. Definitely into console games, not into PC games at all.

What consoles do you own?

If you have a PS2, Nippon Ichi’s Disgaea is a must. A real gem, that one. A newer game localized by that team, Alitier Iris, is also quite superb.

Have to check out the 2 you mentioned.
As far as consoles, NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, PS1, PS2, and GBA.

Get Dragon Quest 8 now.

Dragon Quest 8, Shadow Hearts, Shadow Hearts: Covenant, Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne, and Shin Megami Tensei: Digital Devil Saga.

Shadow Hearts and Shadow Hearts: Covenant for the PS2. Atelier Iris: Eternal Mana is also a good pick up for the PS2 if you’re into the old school RPGs. Star Ocean: Till The End of Time isn’t half bad either. I’d also recommend Breath of Fire III and Koudelka, but both of those are hard to find. Both of those are for the Playstation.

Skies of Arcadia Legends is a good pick up for the 'Cube as well.

i thought legend of arcadia was a pretty good one for GC. that and Tales of Symphonia. yeah, that was an awesome game.

I like Makai Kingdom (PS2), it’s funny as Disgaea and Playes like Phantom Brave. All three are Made by the same people.

The Starfox games are worth checking out.

If you love Final Fantasy like me, check out the Shadow Hearts series and you won’t be disapointed. I strongly suggest playing the first game first though as the story builds, unlike FF where every game is independent.

Skies Of Acaida feels like an FF8+9 era RPG, not a Cube RPG. Which it is, The story picks you up early enough to keep playing. Plus the 2 battle modes are different.

BN

is this a bad thing? i haven’t gotten a chance to play 8 or 9 but i love the game.

I was refaering to the style, I like Skies as well. I am saying that since it a Dreamcast port, it’s not best looking game.

ah. gotcha. i never saw it on dreamcast, but from what i heard several characters and things got a visual overhaul during the transfer.

Orphen: Scion of Sorcery…forget everything else…NOW!

WEll, 8 and 9 are really dated games. Games from that era followed systems that have been abandoned like dungeons that are basically a bunch of paths linked together. It was kind of a fad to rip off final fantasy 7 back then

So it’s probably not a good thing

I know, It is just that I’ve only been playing RPG’s since 2000, but I started on the best SNES games.

Skies is just about fully 3d, You can go FPS for a Mode. The Models are not as the usual Cube level. So If you would like a game on Plot and playabilty get it, but it looks dated.

What’s so special about fully 3d?

…Orphen is by no means at all that good.

Anyway, Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne (its awesome) and Legaia 2: Duel Saga (very unique battle system).

Didn’t you make the shrine for it?

I remember reading it, and you made it sound so cool; I bought it the next day. It majorly blew ass.

The Golden Sun series and Riviera the Promised Land
all for GBA. RPGs are the best and shall rule.