lol, sony - hey guys post your lol sony here

“La casa está en orden, Felices Pascuas.”

I really hate how there aren’t any more Argentineans here, that quote fits just right and yet I’m the only one who will get it.

Wow, nice story Seraphim. I didn’t know it.

I suppose it could change at any time, but I read a while back that Square-Enix plans on keeping a lot (if not all) of their titles platform exclusive for next-gen, as a way of spreading out their wealth to all platforms. I’m paraphrasing, but the article that I read really did make Square-Enix sound pretty egotistical - as if they were so sure that everyone would buy every console because they were making shit for all of them.

Either way, I’d be happy as shit if they changed their minds - I’ve always favored XBox360 over PS3, but I’m feeling like there’s even less of a reason to grab one all the time. I hope it diminishes to ‘no reason’ eventually.

Literally, the only reason keeping me from getting a 360 is MGS 4. If that one jumps, then I’ll have no choice.

On the other hand, Guitar Hero 2 for the 360 has new songs, including Iron Maiden’s the Trooper, and a cooler looking, better functioning controller…

It’s still too soon to tell what’s going to happen next. Hell, the 360 could become the next PSX and the PS3 could become the next N64 (Although, I doubt it due to a severe lack of diverse quality first party titles.)

Well on the plus side there’s always the Blu-Ray.

Yes, but nobody actually cares about Blu-Ray.

If it appeared on the Xbox 360, it wouldn’t be a PS3 exclusive. :stuck_out_tongue:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/6474045.stm

You couldn’t make it up! Wish I’d thought of that- I could’ve stiffed them on the ‘taxi ride home’ too- living 120 miles away and all.

French launch of PS3 doesn’t exactly go according to plan

That’s the joke. It’s a Sony bigwig saying that. :stuck_out_tongue:

O_o

What, no free ponies?

It’s already a dead horse, but for the sake of my sadistic side, let’s dissect some comments:

It believes that the combination of a high-definition Blu-ray DVD player, online capabilities and gaming powered by the Cell processor will convince gamers to spend £425 (599 Euros) on the machine.

Mr Maguire said the TV giveaway in the UK was a reward for gamers’ patience.

Sony said the free taxis were to ensure people who attended the launch get home safely.

I’m trying to come up with a way to express how pathetically needy this makes them look.

“High definition is very important to people,”

You just keep telling yourself that. Did you remember to click your heels three times as you do?

“But there are benefits for European consumers - there are more games available, more Blu-ray movies and we’ve updated the online PlayStation network.”

And less functionality.

“The real issue for Sony is whether they can get back the momentum they had with PS2. The only thing that is going to drive that is the number of titles available.”

which is dropping by the minute.

“We’re confident we have got the right technology,” he said.

What nobody is sure of, is what that technology is for.

LOL, I’m almost starting to feel sorry for the (probably few) sensible people actually working at Sony. The amount of horrible decisions made so far by the brass are overwhelming.

I’m pretty much entirely in agreement with Cid’s opinion. if FFXIII gets on the 360, that pretty much tips the scales towards the 360 completely.

So, how many ps3s will they have to sell now to make up money lost with the TVs and taxi rides? Wait, they’re still losing money with each ps3 sold Right? So then…how many games on average is sony hoping each ps3 owner will buy?

A PS3 AND an HDTV for ~$833? Depending on what type of HD that is, that’s not that bad of a deal. Hell, I would take it.

Ouch, that hurts. You can’t have a much worse launch than that and I’m not even talking about MS’s intervention. If this keeps up, it’ll all be about the 360 and Wii and they will be going after VERY different audiences. The price of the PS3 seems like it’ll be the fall of the system.

Damn, I wish Sony offered a deal like that in America. I would of loved to get a HD TV just for buying a console. The TV thing shows how desperate Sony it, but the taxi part isn’t too bad and I can buy that (even though it is pretty much a bribe).

Uh, i would buy a PS3 if this was offered in america…800USD for a 46" HDTV of any brand is a ridiculously good deal, but when its also a Sony, rather than some generic OEM? Holy crap, sign me up.

Sony (obviously), widescreen, sources put the screen size as anywhere between 40 and 46 inches. Value approximately £2000-£2500 (~$3800-$4700).