Listening to graders talk is funny

Ooh, oh! I got one!

I was beta reading a classmates first draft of his C-essay (it means the class is at the second most advanced college level), and let’s just say he was ambitious and had some interesting philosophical ideas… but his English and presentation were not so good.

In his introduction it sounded like he was claiming that all Americans are sadomasochists and go to the Abu Gahrib prison to torture Iraqians, but that’s okay because when they watch the movie Passion of the Christ, they are forgiven!

I WISH I was making this up. It was a very, very painful read.

Hm… I stopped reading four posts after sorc’s first one. You all stopped being entertaining.

Anywho… in my College Algebra class the guy next to me added 28 and 11 wrong and so my teacher wrote on the test, " 28 + 11= 38, I do allow calculators on my test as you seem to need one."

A girl in a high school ecology class I was in asked how water got into lakes.

Heh.True Grading Language Is Far More Worse Than Grading Math.Some Times Students Put The Lamest Answers And It’s Funny On Some Of Them.

And Some Times People Seem To Write Capitals On Every Word For No Apparent Reason And Contrary To All Laws Of Grammar.

Thats A F- Because Some Words Arent Suppose To Be Capatilized.

At least the posts are only one line long and not like a paragraph of that garbage.

I’m relatively certain I said no such thing, in fact, I’m certain that I didn’t, because I am reading my post right now. I didn’t even say it bothered me. I said, in fact, I thought it was a funny image. I mean, picture a Frenchman and his lady Michelle out on a date, staring lovingly into each-others’ eyes, sipping delicately at their Cafes. Not coffees, mind you, but the establishements that serve them. Drinking a place of business, Sorc.

Kairi: You don’t suck that bad, your grammar is passable, which puts you above a fair number of people. sum peepl ackchooally right esays liek this with no comas or anything and think its okay to do and dont see any problems with it. I have seen people in AP Lit writing such things on essays, although the spelling mistakes are slightly exaggerated, the fact that they do not use punctuation is not.

BBK: Um, you capitalize every word, is what Cid was referring to . . .

On another note, I feel really bad for the poor bastards who will have to read any thesis I make. Because I will probably end up getting fed up with the Thesis-writing process and write a thesis trying to prove that thesis are invalid tools for proving anything. I have done something similar on some assignment about world religion, writing an entire paper about whether or not Loki was really a god of trickery; if he was, how do we know he wasn’t just tricking us to think that, but if he wasn’t, he wouldn’t be tricking us, so he really would be a god of trickery, so he would be tricking us, so he wouldn’t be a god of trickery, so he really would be because he couldn’t be tricking us, et ceteras.

EDIT: Sin, and all speaking on the subject of science majours writing poorly, Brown University actually has the English and Writing majours help the science majours with writing; not do it for them, but edit stuff and show them what to change and rules as to when. That way, science majours end up able to write in understandable English, at least, and English majours learn at least one of the steps of the scientific method. The ideal would be a Biology majour with a full command of English and an English majour with some biology knowledge to support his arguments in whatever he goes on to write. I thought it was kind of a cool program, I don’t know if it exists anywhere else or not, but I kinda like the idea.

Thats A F- Because Some Words Arent Suppose To Be Capatilized.

Oh, the irony, the IRONY… GAK

Why thank you Arac. I think.

@Alyx-and now we know why the student added wrong.

Meh…It Could Be True You Know.

What could be true? That you’re saying how capitalizing every word is wrong whilst simultaneously capitalizing every word?

Kairi: Well, I couldn’t really say “Your writing is not bad” without reading any. So, yeah, just, your mechanics are just fine, which means it is much better than a lot of people’s writing, even if you have absolutely terrible plotting and whatnot.

You know, Cid, I think we have to look at the really important thing in this whole issue, rather than relying on BBK himself to make any sense. I guess what I’m trying to say is that Infonick’s famous drunkposts contained more accurate use of capital letters and the ellipsis. Which is amazing.

I think that’s a good question to ask in ecology, you can get into a pretty big discussion about flow of water, carbon, nitrogen and energy that way, with details.

<Eticam> I was in biology class once, and the teacher said there was sugar in sperm
<Eticam> And a girl asked why doesn’t it taste sweet then
<Eticam> When she realised what she said her face became red like a spanked monkey ass
<Eticam> Then the teacher said, because you taste sweetness with the front of your tongue, not the part of your tongue back in your throat
<Eticam> The girl started crying and left class ^^

>.>
<.<

Heh. We were examing slides of people’s saliva, and they found sperm in this one girl’s, back in 9th grade, and because both of us were really slutty punks, it was universally assumed it was mine. Which pissed us off, more tham embarassed us, because Kaite and I fucking despised each other. So we started a rumour that she was gay and I was eunuch to stop it. If you think starting a rumour that you are a eunuch is a good solution to anything, you are stupider than anyone mentioned in this thread. I did not know one could be expected to sing higher than falsetto until then.

Oh, shit, anyway. Yeah, today we got a question like that, that seems dumb at first, but isn’t really; “Who founded Buddhism.”
Well, I mean, Buddha, but there’s obviosly more detail you can go into to make it a good question. IT al ldepends on the teacher.

Loki obviously calls you, as well. (Loki calling?)

I was hoping it would be the essay on Walt Whitman :frowning:

Let’s save time and link straight to Snopes for humorous stories.

Wow. From the “college grader” equivalent of ClientCopia.com to urban legends about sperm. I don’t think this is the wackiest abrupt topic shift, but it’s still … awesome.