List the top five movies you've seen this year so far.

What movies FROM 2006 would you consider the best you’ve seen this year?

In no order:

Little Miss Sunshine
The Departed
Superman Returns
Cars
Talldega Nights

Here’s four that come quickly to my mind. A fifth eludes me.

Ladri di biciclette
The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly
Little Miss Sunshine
The Departed

Syriana and V for Vendetta were good (esp v for vendetta)… Pirates of the Carribean II was excellent. Can’t wait for the 3rd. I probably saw more movies but none come to mind particularly. I saw A scanner darkly and xmen 3 but meh. I don’t go out to movies often.

FFVII: AC
Pirates of the Carribean 2
The Shining
The US vs. Lennon
The Last king of Scotland

I think that’s all I saw. But then it’s been 10 months, so I can’t really remember what I saw when.

Umm… shining didnt come out in 2006, or was there a gay remake out?

Talladega Nights
Employee of the Month

I only saw two movies…

Pirates of the Carribean
Pirates of the Carribean: Dead Man’s Chest
Fight Club
Pistvakt

Only 4. ;_;

If you’re counting only movies that came out this year…

Clerks II
Trailer Park Boys: The Movie
X-Men 3 (only because that moron dies so early inthe movie)
Pirates of the Carribean 2
SILENT HILL

Out of ones that have come out this year, let’s see.

Superman Returns (not quite as good as I hoped, especially the second half)
Silent Hill (I was pleasantly surprised with this)

I saw X-Men 3, but that would only be in the top 5 because I didn’t see 5 new movies this year. I fucking hated that movie. I love the first 2, but the third one just ruins it all).

Yeah, I better clarify.

Top five movies that came out this year. I thought it was clear from the thread title. Guess I was wrong.

Memoirs of a Geisha
Silent Hill
Pirates of the Carribean :Dead Man’s Chest (Though they could have made a better ending. Seriously, if it didn’t have that really long fight scene, the ending would’ve been the climax of the movie and we’d have some resolution)

X-Men 3 ( Didn’t like it. You’d have to be a fan of the comics to get all the details, and even then, you’d roll your eyes at the ‘plot’)

I haven’t seen many movies this year.

Thank You For Smoking
Little Miss Sunshine
The Devil Wears Prada
X-Men: The Last Stand
Tristan and Isolde

Anyone who hasn’t seen Thank You For Smoking should go and buy the DVD immediately. Far and away the best comedy of the year.

Fearless
V for Vendetta
Pirates of the Carribean II
Monster House
Silent Hill

Hmm… In no order…

Silent Hill
Pirates of the Carribean II
X Men 3 ( I thought it was good. Still no Gambit, which sucks)
Memoirs of a Geisha
Zodiac

I thought Syriana was ok. It was definitly relevent of the times we live in, but overall I thought it was underdeveloped. I’m not a big fan of movies with multiple plot lines that rarely intersect; for example I think Matt Damon and George Cloony’s characters share screen time twice and they don’t even speak to each other. Cloony’s character was also a little too obvious. He played the part well, but the whole “CIA rouge-crappy father” part has been done already in less serious films which, I think, hurt the credibility of the character immensely.

Sorc, you should see Trailer Park Boys: The Movie, if it ever comes out in the US. I think you’d like it.

Silent Hill.Sorry Only Movie That Was Good Enough For Me To Watch This Year.

What’s it about?

Criminals living in Halifax, Nova Scotia, who live on a trailer park. They get high, get drunk, and think up stupid ways to make money.
http://imdb.com/title/tt0425601/
It’s also a TV show in Canada, by the same name(minus “: the movie”). Same plot as the movie, different schemes each episode though and more characters.

I somewhat agree, although it wasn’t really as funny as the trailer made it out to be. A very, very clever plot though.

And I’ll have to look into that trailer park thing Gila. I might download it or something.

I believe it came out around '82.

Yeah, you should have clarified. I saw the '83ish version of The Shining (with Jack Nicholson) on TV. But it was during this year.