Let the speculation begin...

David Tennant leaving Doctor Who…

Sad as I’ll be to see him go, I can’t help but be excited at the same time… a new, 11th Doctor and the series in the hands of Steven Moffat*… Fantastic! :slight_smile:

*And if you haven’t seen his library 2-parter from the recent season I urge you to go and watch it right now. Balls-tighteningly awesome.

Yeah, no question I’ll miss Mr Tennant. Still, gotta wonder who they’ll find to replace him with! I hope someone nice and different and that they just don’t try and make another doctor who’s suspiciously like the current one.

Man, I’m still sad that Eccleston’s gone. :frowning:

As for the new Who. I haven’t a clue. (My familiarity with British actors is rather lacking.)

Originally Posted by Nebagram

*And if you haven’t seen his library 2-parter from the recent season I urge you to go and watch it right now. Balls-tighteningly awesome.

*Or better yet try Girl in the Fireplace from season 2. It was cobbled together from pieces of both win and own.

Could someone tell me why Doctor Who is considered such a great show? I mean, Wil successfully got me watching Chuck with his thread and everyone should know that Terminator is an awesome series by now but Doctor Who never really…seemed wonderful to me.

It seems interesting, but based off of what I saw, it’s got some girl named Rose and there’s this Doctor that loves her and they jump around doing random things against some overgrown toasters named Daleks. If the Brits call this great sci-fi, I’ve got two words for them; Battlestar Galactica.

How many lives does the Doctor have? 13? 14? They’re getting close to having to come up with some explanation why his regeneration count is reset.

David Tennant is the tenth doctor. When they reach thirteen they’ll have to explain it (or end the series). Well, technically they can keep going to the end of the thirteenth doctor’s life.

Also, Mullencamp, that’s not what it’s about. The Daleks show up, but they’re not the point. Star Trek: TNG is still the best scifi show.

Aww, but I like Tennant. He’s cute. :3

Yeah, I know. There’s no way they’re gonna end the series completely unless the ratings are bad in the 13th Doctor Era. They’re gonna have to come up with some reason why his regeneration count is reset, much like they do with the Master.

I’m also curious how they’re going to bring back The Master and the Daleks again. It will either be glorious or horrible.