Legend of Mana OH MY GOD!!!

Flaming’s one thing, I’m just telling them what they should do to cut down on the AOLism.

And X, you can lay off the grammar police a bit.

I could, but odds are if I did that, they’d continue making unintelligable posts, no one would really interact with them, and they’d leave like half the other newbies coming lately. Besides, skills such as “decent english” apply in places other than RPGC. It sounds cliched, but when your boss fires the guy next to you because he put “your” when he should have put “you’re”, you’ll thank me for it, kids.

Okay, punctuated English from now on!
Edit: What is AOLism anyway?

Good boy! See, this is like an RPGC version of Pygmalion/My Fair Lady! Only Mitsu’s the CTILF (Cockney Tramp I’d Like to F…umm…Flower garden with! Yeah…)

Speaking from experience…UNLIMITED SAGA BAD!

Seiken Densetsu 3 all the way guys. Hawk + Duran + Angela = DEATH TO ALL EVIL!

And no, I haven’t played LoM. Is it any good?

Originally posted by Pierson
And no, I haven’t played LoM. Is it any good?

It’s better than SD3, not sure if it’s better than SoM, though.

The people who say SoM > LoM are typically the nostalgia type that should play both games back to back and evaluate it impartially.

Originally posted by Pierson
[b]Seiken Densetsu 3 all the way guys. Hawk + Duran + Angela = DEATH TO ALL EVIL!

And no, I haven’t played LoM. Is it any good? [/b]

No way dude.Lise Kevin and Angela= mega death to all evil :stuck_out_tongue:

And I never got the hype about LoM. It just seemed like a simple, non-depth game that didn’t draw me in. I dunno apparently it’s wonderful as buddy here says but I never saw its greatness.

Originally posted by Sinistral
The people who say SoM > LoM are typically the nostalgia type that should play both games back to back and evaluate it impartially.

I like it a bit better just because I love the Sprite. Well, that and magic casting isn’t that big a hassle. Although casting spell after spell in rapid succession does seem kinda cheap.

Not so much in nightmare and no return 8P.

Legend of Mana is lovely, it’s probably one of the only games I don’t own that I wish I did…And yes, I think it’s by far the best in the series.

And yeah, Unlimited SaGa is pretty bad. :stuck_out_tongue: I imagine that some people can enjoy it. Hell, even I can enjoy it sometimes, and I think it’s very subpar compared to the rest of the series. But, it did try to be all crazy hardcore, and it succeeded more than successfully at what it tried to accomplish. I just think it was a bad idea. :stuck_out_tongue: It would be GREAT if it was more user friendly, and had a more realistic system of building characters.

Uhhh… why did we get the discussion to flaming and stuff that didn’t had to do? Forget about it, I only wanted Mitsu to punctuate because I didn’t understand what he said. And X, if you dislike how I write, you should know that I’m argentinian, and it’s a big accomplishment for me already to know full engilsh. Case closed!

LoM is great, best of the SD series, I didn’t like SoM that much because of the cheapness of the chain casting, to win bosses all what I did was chain cast Gem Missile and it didn’t last more than 2 minutes. SD3 is better though, due to the different parties, long-gaming and the class change system. LoM beats them all because the pixel guy or gal over there is YOU! You have the power to create and destroy and stuff you could never do on real life! That’s the magic in it!

Originally posted by Sinistral

Or the type who just find LoM to be too vague and uninteresting to continue playing. I can’t say I played a whole lot of the game (five hours, maybe?), but what I did play turned me off. The battles were lacking something that the SNES games had, and the parts that I played also lacked a solid plot. If one of those two things were fixed, I think I would’ve like the game. As it was, I simply lost interest early on.

Originally posted by RoguePaladinTrian
Or the type who just find LoM to be too vague and uninteresting to continue playing. I can’t say I played a whole lot of the game (five hours, maybe?), but what I did play turned me off. The battles were lacking something that the SNES games had, and the parts that I played also lacked a solid plot. If one of those two things were fixed, I think I would’ve like the game. As it was, I simply lost interest early on.

5 hours aren’t enough for LoM!!! I got to 40 hours in a regular game (no New Game +). Later on the plot gets alotta interesting and rocks. You should keep on playing, and if it gets tricky, I dunno, get a Walkthrough or something. LoM rocks!

I’ve never played LOM. All I remember is that SOM rocked! I’m not saying LOM is bad or anything, I’ve just never played it.

LoM owns.
Yet, I still prefer SoM, mainly for the weapon and element levels, and the spell system. And charging your weapon is cool.

I got my opinion and I stick to it.