least favorite final fantasy

ok from FF1-FFX-2 tell which FF do you least like the most.

i love all my FF games but if i had to choose i would have to say FF7. don’t get me wrong i really do like FF7 but i think all those maze navigation stuff in the game was soooo hard to move around in. i absolutely hate mazes!!! i will destroy the idiot who thought of it in the first place!!! :enguard: that and i’m not all crazy about their graphics…but it’s not entirely squaresofts fault…it was the first FF that actually had the characters in almost full size form. correct me if i’m wrong, nicely please!!! The Temple of the Ancients, where you have to chase those rediculous Ancients was evil!!!

FFX. Worst. Story. Ever.

If were counting FF11. Then I’m saying that one, mainly 'cause I hate online games (especially ones you have to pay for). If it had not been an online one then maybe, just maybe I’d give it a second look.

FFVIII - I could not stand that game. I hated the Draw System, i hated the story, i just could not get into it.

FFX. Worst. Story. Ever.

FFX Would be fave =)

FFII, horrible leveling system.

Many elements of the story in FFX became very predictable. By halfway through I was playing “Guess who is already dead” and doing quite well. I enjoyed the game and the story though, so that’s nearer to my favorite.

Originally posted by ahkeeyuu
FFX. Worst. Story. Ever.

Two words and a number:
Final Fantasy V

Worst story? FFMQ, for sure. 8P

Final Fantasy 1’s story wasn’t all that great, but gets high marks due to the fact that we all know and love the various “characters”. The fans have given the characters in Final Fantasy personalities, and we’ve ended up turning a simple 8-bit RPG into one of the most memorable games of all time. 8)

Final Fantasy 2 make me angry. TERRIBLY angry. That leveling system made me want to pour salt in my eyes.

Originally posted by Mullenkamp
Two words and a number:
Final Fantasy V

I find it difficult to take people who say that FF5 had the worst story seriously…at least those who are familiar with all the Final Fantasy games.

When compared to the other SNES FFs, sure, FF5’s story was lacking. But Final Fantasy 1 and Final Fantasy 3 both had less-developed stories (It’s interesting to note that up through FF6, the odd numbered FF games concentrated more on the job system and less on the story, and the even numbered FF games concentrated on the story, and had the job system diminished or completely absent).

Anyway, my least favorite FF is probably FF8. Its characters were too…teenagerish, the story was silly, I didn’t like how enemies leveled up with you, I didn’t like not having armor, I wasn’t a huge fan of junctioning/drawing…etc. It wasn’t a bad game by any means, though.

Originally posted by Hiryuu
Its characters were too…teenagerish

GASP NO! :open_mouth:

And, yeah. FFII

FFI, because it didn’t compare well with other RPGs of it’s time. Though I only played it much more recently, so it had the feel of an outdated game when I played it.

I still think 8-Bit Theater is clever, though.

Originally posted by Ivan
[b]FFI, because it didn’t compare well with other RPGs of it’s time. Though I only played it much more recently, so it had the feel of an outdated game when I played it.

I still think 8-Bit Theater is clever, though. [/b]

FFI the worst? GASP:hyperven:

What was around at that time? Me being me, I only knew about the DW and FF series then.

Originally posted by demigod
[b]FFI the worst? GASP:hyperven:

What was around at that time? Me being me, I only knew about the DW and FF series then. [/b]

If you count the PC, then lots of games. See my profile, for instance.

If you are talking about the NES, then it gets much more subjective, although I’d say that many of the action/RPGs (Zelda 1 & 2, Castlevania 2, Goonies 2, Crystalis) were better.

Goonies was not a fracking RPG… but whatever. -_-

Final Fantasy Two- I hate the weird leveling system.

Originally posted by ahkeeyuu
FFX. Worst. Story. Ever.

Why?

I thought it was great.

the worste? fun. ff2, no contest. gaiuning hp by killing self. that’s smart. and gaining speed by nearly running away. And even thgough I haven’t played ff8, I’ve heard a bit and not sure I’d like it either. And ffX was no prize either.

Hmm, I would have to say, of all the FF’s i have played that are part of thenumbered series, FF3 would be it. Okay sotry line, and decent sub quests, but the primitive job system made the game less enjoyable for me. I useuly dont like job based systems. Spending all that time building up one, just for it to be outdated by another.

ff3 didn’t have any job “building up.” All you needed was capacity poiunts and you could change to any job. ff5 had you leveling up to max the jobs and stuff.

Pink, i know, i was expressing my dislike for ALL job based systems. At least in FFT and FF5, you could use the other skills with other classes.

Hmm. I haven’t played 3, so I can’t consider that one. However, I have a couple of picks.

FF1 - Compared to the others in the series, I could have a lot of complaints (Buying spells? No MP recovery items? Practically no story?). However, I won’t do it.

FF2 - I haven’t played much of it, but I already dislike the leveling system. A lot. Enough to hate it (that part of the game, as I don’t know jack about the story).

FF5 - I felt that this one could have been so much better than what it was, and I think that’s what gets to me about it. I wasn’t overly fond of the story or the music, but the job system was nice since I could transfer abilites a bit.

FF8 - I liked it except for my lack of Chocobo World on my PSX version (sad me), for junctioning to be the only way to influence stats, and for the characters as described by Hiryuu. (By the way, interesting note about the games and numbers) =) Those things I disliked enough to stick the game in this list.