Last minute RPG deaths

just a little help (yes i know goes to help forum)always kill stone and wood demon lords, these forms can cause the most damage , the other forms are mostly wussies (except fire)

With Kuja, whenever I got him below a certain point, he’d double flare star me, instant death.

With Necron, well, he just hits hard and fast, and can kill you whenever he wants with the right combination of moves, really.

Those are pretty much my experiences right there. Pissed me off, especially since Necron could cast like, 3 spells back to back to back.

I hate it more when the boss just whoops your ass as soon as the battle begins.
In Star Ocean the Second story I was fighting the wiseman. It was the guy with the fire on him (I think his name was Decus.

I was playing Rena’s game and used Noel to have a spellcaster team and Noel could just not survive a Spicule attack. It did like 7000 damage to him.

It was like that for me when I fought Ultimecia and Omega Weapon the first time through. I’ve pretty much given up trying to beat Emerald Weapon.

Guessed wrong. I’ve never even played an ff game. ^^

As for the boss thing…Only thing I can think of is one of the bosses in Kirby, though that’s not an rpg, right? A friend of mine had to beat him for me ^^;

I’m sorry, but all you need to do is jump and shoot.

Maybe he didn’t shoot enough. There’s a certain ratio of jumping to shooting that you need to follow for each boss.

The only time I would ever get mad in MMx2 would be trying to get that damn heart in the Crystal Mine >.<.

I would have to agree with Ofx though…after beating the first boss with just 10 hp left on all my party. I have to go and face another…

YOU DIE NOW!

…did I miss something? o.o;

I think it’s an inside joke from the RPGC get-together this summer. They were playing Mega Man, and I guess someone quoted that old letter from Nintendo Power where someone said “side scrolling strategy is meaningless because all you do in those games is jump and shoot.” It became a running gag. Or so I’m lead to believe. 8)

Could someone who was there elaborate on this?

FFIV, Demon Wall. I went in vastly underlevel;led, as is my wont, but I’d whittled his HP away to about 2000 left or so when he finally was close enough to start doing that instant death attack of his. God, I was pissed.

Also, Seymour in FFX. It took me a long tim,e to figure out the patterns to his attacks.

It was like that for me when I fought Ultimecia and Omega Weapon the first time through. I’ve pretty much given up trying to beat Emerald Weapon.
Man WHY!? He’s not that hard with the right setup… If you’ve killed Ruby you should have no problem at all, since with Master Summon you can W-Summon KotR as much as you want, mime it with all 3 characters, and heal when your health is low, then use it again. It’s not even that hard to do it without healing or cheating by using final-attack Phoenix.

And yeah, I agree with the people who said Seymour Flux was hard. His Zombie+Life combo is a pain in the ass, and so is his cross slash.

Uh, you aren’t supposed to beat Kratos. If you could get Kratos down to 1,000 HP then defeating Lord Remiel must have been like swatting a fly.

I know that you aren’t supposed to kill Kratos, but you get 3500 extra EXP and a Level 3 EX Gem if you do. Besides, I managed to kill said boss today. :smiley:

I was able to kill Remiel because I was level 29. I was able to kill HIM at 27 but I powerleveled to 29 in order to defeat the second boss.

I have one of those…

In Front Mission Alternative, I’m on this really tough mission, I’m at my last 3 wanzer enemies… I kill them… but at the same time, the main char dies… which resulted in a Game Over >=O I was SO pissed ><

“Jump and Shoot” was SG’s insult at RPGCali. We played Mega Man, and someone, Spazzy I think, kept having trouble with Metal Man, so SG was all “Metal Man’s not that hard. All you have to do is just jump and shoot.” Now, mind you, this was after thirty minutes of SG berating him for not being able to dodge stuff and saying he must suck at life, so that comment was just so funny.

All I have to say is if you have Trouble beating Metal Man…well…I guess 984 beat me to it. but I think getting through Metal Man’s stage is harder than Fighting Metal Man (still isn’t hard, though). And thanx to whoever pointed out that Seymour Flux was a hard boss. I fought him 30 times(With 3 different controllers, the first two said hello to the wall/floor) before I finally beat him(only boss in FF10 i fought more than 3 times) . I felt kinda stupid not mentioning that earlier. Similar scenario also happened when I fought Bloodbane in Valkyrie Profile. But I did get all three endings for the game(in different plays, of course, since you only fight Bloodbane if you’re on the B ending Path

The Final Ultimecia in FFVIII. This is back when I had reached the end for the first time. She only had about…300-ish halth left, and just when I was about to attack her, she naturally attacked and killed me.

…But later on, I finally killed her. Revenge is sweet. XD

This happened to me like yesterday with Yojimbo. The first time, I had to go through the cavern and rescue about 11 people and then i made the mistake of taking him on (forgetting to save two others >>) and then after a few minutes I was all YEAH! ALRIGHT! Cuz his attacks never exceeded 80 hp. And THEN came Zanmato or whatever you call it, and all three girls were on 1 hp/mp. I was so stunned that he just killed me a few seconds later (I hate his dog!) and so I got REALLY pissed. And then I tried later that day and I left Rikku, my white mage, to stand idle, so when he performed the big Z again, I had her on standby healing even before his attack was done. So here’s me all Yeah in your face Yojimbo! but I forgot that he takes away your MP as well so I got my ass kicked again. Needless to say I wasn’t very impressed after that, and my third time, I was actually ready with Hi Potions.