Laguna And Raine's Possible Origin!!!

Now, here’s two things that might explain the title:

1-)“Raine” is rain and “Laguna” is “lagoon” so maybe rain in lagoons form Squalls.
2-)THIS came to me on today’s history lesson:In France, there is a river named “Loire” right across “Seine” and “Rennes”. So unite Seine and Rennes and get Raine(reine) and it’s right across “Loire” river.

How about THAT!?

(Just like Cerberus from Greek mithology, like Siren and Quezacotl… Or Eden being the most powerful GF-except Griever haha- as a metaphor to “Eden’s Garden” in the bible, I guess.)

Interesting.

But squalls are found on the open ocean during bad storms, not in lagoons.

oh…

Well, I have read this lagoon and raine stuff in a list named “How Can You Tell You Played Too Much FF8?” as:

“You have looked up the word ‘squall’ in your dictionary and tried to find out if rain in lagoons actually form squalls.”

Interesting. Never gave much thought about it except that Raine = rain and squall is a rain storm on the ocean.

I thought Quetzacotl was a derivative of a Mayan god’s name.

Well according to the name origins on FFCompendium, the name Quezacolt, comes from:

Quetzalcoatl (probably not enough room to write the whole name), also known as the Feathered Serpent, is a god of the ancient Aztecs. From Dreamex Gilgamesh: “Aztek name: Quetzalcoatl. Pronounced Ket-Sal-Ko-Atl. He is the god of wind, knowledge and priesthood and it was foreseen that he would once return to get his terrible revenge because he had been banished from a city some time in the past. People feared that he would destroy everything.” The Kaiser mentions that since Moctezuma thought Cortez (the Spanish conqueror) was Quetzalcoatl, and Cortez proceeded to destroy the Aztec civilization, the ultimate-revenge myth sort of came true.
From Ultima Mage Dyne: Mexican natives of the Yucatan pronounce Quetzacoatl “ket-sa-caught-ull”. Quetzacoatl was both a God and a real man. Supposedly, Quetzacoatl had been the leader of the Aztec nomads whom founded Tenochtitlan (aka, Present day Mexico City) at Lake Texcoco. Evil Shinji adds: His complete name is, in náhuatl (aztec dialect): “Ce Ácatl Topiltzin Quetzalcóatl”, which means something like: “One Reed Our Prince Quetzalcoatl”.
Finally, from CNash: “Quetzalcoatl was the Aztec god of the sun - he was assigned to keep the balance between light and dark by preventing his counterpart, the night god Tezcatlipoca, from taking over the world. Tezcatlipoca was too afraid of Quetzalcoatl to make any attempt on the world.”

Well that is where the name seems to come from. According to Cid, and his resources.

She’s also a Twin impersonator on her day off. :stuck_out_tongue:

f34r teh Cat 0f Noa.

Wow. Thanks Soldier. I knew it was an South American culture, just not sure which one.

Noacat’s rendition does have a striking resemblance to the Twins. Wonder how many times she’s seen Reloaded?