Kuwait

Yeah, so I’ve been in Kuwait almost 2 weeks now. It isn’t too bad (surprisingly cold though). I can’t wait to for it to warm up though, I’m over this cold. Kuwait hasn’t been nearly as bad as I expected it to be though, I’ve actually had a lot of time off out here. Most of the guys that have been to Iraq before told horror stories of this place. It is crazy how many times the mission has changed out here…and even then we haven’t been given many details. Well, I should be heading up to Iraq soon, but we’ll see.

How are you getting on the internet?

They have local internet on post. Right now I paid for a day of internet so that I could upload some photos. The USO is also here with computers, but it takes an hour or so to get on and you have to use their computers. It is not fun browsing though since the internet is so sloooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww.

Pictures from Kuwait
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=43332&id=1386758610&l=4f619fdccd

What’re the horror stories about Kuwait?

One of my classmates in Painting just had to leave for duty, right before finals, too. :confused:

Keep in touch, Info.

Your thread prompted me to objectivipedia (:ulty:) Kuwait, and I can’t really see what would be so bad about that place. In fact, it seems to be one of the most diverse and liberal countries in the middle east. Then I saw this:

Kuwait has a hyper-arid continental climate.[40] Summer, which lasts from May to September, is extremely hot and dry with temperatures easily crossing 45 °C (113 °F) during daytime, with temperatures usually around 52 °C at midday.[41]

Yeah fuck that place.

You had to pay for a day of internet access? Who do you have to pay?

Man, I had a nice post and lost it because I lost my connection. The internet out here sucks, it sort of reminds me of the one South Park episode. Anyway, it is $4 a day or $12 for a week. How much you buy depends on how long you’ll be out here.

I had hear that in Kuwait you do like 12 hour training days or full field exercises and stuff, but it has mostly been classes and such, with a range here and there. Strangely I’m still in Kuwait. I should have left for Iraq a couple of days ago.

Just come back home safe, papa bear.