Kitty...

I still remember my first pet. Technically it was my brother’s, but I think he liked me more. We had him for 10 years. Eventually he developed bad hip bones and had nasty cancers all over. My parents took him to the vet and had him put to sleep. I didn’t go because I knew I wouldn’t be able to handle it. When my parents got back, they just opened my door and didn’t say anything because there was an understanding that he wasn’t coming back.

We owned a small kitten years later. Had her for about 3 weeks before we found out she had a brain disorder. Couldn’t use her back legs properly. We had her put to sleep to because we knew she woudn’t make it.

I will admit, I’ve never had a pet die on me, but I certainly understand what it means to loose one. I’m sure you’ll be fine and ready to move on soon enough. Everyone else is right though, at least the kitten died warm and happy.

Things die, it happens, fact of life. My condolences, but you need to think of better names for cats, since your choice of name for that one was severly fucked up.

I’m really sorry to hear that, poor kitty.

My mom told me a really depressing story from when she was little, she had kittens and the neighbor kids beat rocks against them and killed them, I can’t beleive people can do stuff like that, hell I’m not an innocent person, but that was just sick and twisted.

Originally posted by Sephiroth Hayes
Things die, it happens, fact of life. My condolences, but you need to think of better names for cats, since your choice of name for that one was severly fucked up.

That seems a little harsh. If Alyx was able to become emotionally attached to the kitten in only a month she could use condolences.

EDIT: You don’t have to sugar coat it, sure, but you could also NOT insult her.

Oh yes lets sugar coat everything for everyone who isn’t old enough to accept death. Look it sucks, I lost a dog, a cat, 4 grandparents, a hamster, a rabbit the list goes fucking on but am I moaning and whining? Shit no, I remember then and treasure them but I accept that they are gone and never coming back LIKE HER CAT, the sooner she accepts that the better.

I would say something sympathetic, but I think everything I would have said, has already been said, by everyone else.

But death is still a hard thing to get over, even if it is a pet. But try your best to move on, Alyx.

Oh yes lets sugar coat everything for everyone who isn’t old enough to accept death. Look it sucks, I lost a dog, a cat, 4 grandparents, a hamster, a rabbit the list goes fucking on but am I moaning and whining? Shit no, I remember then and treasure them but I accept that they are gone and never coming back LIKE HER CAT, the sooner she accepts that the better.

Isn’t old enough to accept death? You sound like a very hateful person then if you can’t show any emotions tworeds losing someone, I really felt that way too, about my grandmothers illness, I knew she was going to die, but I didn’t cry until I saw her a few hours before death, and at the funeral. I’ll bet you cried when your pets, and relatives died, I’m not saying you didn’t accept it, sure I accepted my grandmothers passing, but that doesen’t mean I don’t think about her. She was an important role in my childhood.

Like alyx’s cat, it’s a living thing that you love, when that love is lost, it turns into sadness. If you hold all of your emotions in, you just dwell on things.

This is just the internet, you have nothing to prove, I mean hell if you’re such a man why are you on a gaming board spreading your elitism, when no one really gives a shit…

Me? Such a man? Fuck you man I never said anything about being “such a man”. You think I gave a shit when my grandparents died? No. Hell no. My dads dad was the only god damn one who gave a shit and he was the only one I felt sorry for when he died. Life is unfair, it’s simple, she needs to accept it, simple as that, I’m not saying she shouldn’t mourn the loss of her cat, I’m saying she should GET OVER IT. Geez.

Me? Such a man? Fuck you man. You think I gave a shit when my grandparents died? No. Hell no. My dads dad was the only god damn one who gave a shit and he was the only one I felt sorry for when he died. Life is unfair, it’s simple, she needs to accept it, simple as that, I’m not saying she shouldn’t mourn the loss of her cat, I’m saying she should GET OVER IT. Geez.

And I quote the Gorrilaz “People who try to define life are lifeless.” Maybe you should get over life being unfair. Cry me a river, build a’ bridge, and get the fuck over it… But you can be an asshole, and waste your time posting useless rants on an MB, but in the end no one will care. So why post at all?

You wouldn’t have liked it if someone had behaved like you are doing when your grandad died Hayes so don’t you behave like this.

Ask yourself that asshole. You seem to missunderstand me, I don’t give a shit that life is unfair, and I’m not gonna go and cry at the beck and call of people like you. And maybe you should not quote song lyrics as they can be completely meaningless.

EDIT

Originally posted by vyse the legend
You wouldn’t have liked it if someone had behaved like you are doing when your grandad died Hayes so don’t you behave like this.

Oh really? I wouldn’t have gave a shit, since no one would have. Alyx can cry, moan and winge all she wants, but is that gonna get her anywhere? No. She needs to accept what’s happened and move on.

don’t make other people suffer cause you have alex

Thomas don’t get all high and mighty on me, I am trying to be realistic not mean, small minded people cannot tell the difference.

Ask yourself that asshole. You seem to missunderstand me, I don’t give a shit that life is unfair, and I’m not gonna go and cry at the beck and call of people like you. And maybe you should not quote song lyrics as they can be completely meaningless.

And maybe I’ll quote song lyrics because I love music, that has nothing to do with the subject. I don’t missunderstand you, because I used to be like you…

To put is simple, people are diffen’t, they all don’t think like you. If Alyx mourns the loss of her kitten, then let her, why waste your time putting her down when you don’t even know her… And on the internet of all places! Get a life…

I’m not being high and mighty i’m just trying to stop you being such an arse

PS trying isn’t the same as being

Thomas, I have never and never will listen to you. And new guy, get yourself a life as well jackass, you are obstructing me from doing something in much the same way you believe I am doing to someone else.

Thomas, I have never and never will listen to you. And new guy, get yourself a life as well jackass, you are obstructing me from doing something in much the same way you believe I am doing to someone else.

Not exactly, I’m being smart about it… Just think about how stupid you look. :wave:

Oh really, you’re being smart? You’re instigating a flame war, real intelligent. Why do I look stupid? Because I tell someone who is what? 15? To get over it, I never said she should forget her cat, and if you actually READ you will also see I’m no fucking way against mourning her cat, believe to be as smart as you are, because in reality you aren’t.

Hayes has some point tho…

it’s no use sitting and whining over and over… you have to go on…
but it’s not a bad thing to tell others how you feel and those others don’t have to flame the people who feel bad…

anyway… this is the first time i’ve seen hostility around here… and i know i’m not around very long… so i might have missed something… but is it that hard to just ignore people you don’t like or a comment you don’t like… goddman they are only posts… just like in that guy signature… can’t remember his name tho…

Oh really, you’re being smart? You’re instigating a flame war, real intelligent. Why do I look stupid? Because I tell someone who is what? 15? To get over it, I never said she should forget her cat, and if you actually READ you will also see I’m no fucking way against mourning her cat, believe to be as smart as you are, because in reality you aren’t.

No in reality I’m not smart, you do have me there. Not like I can prove that I am, or I’m going to waste my time doing so. Nor’ will I waste my time with you, you’re really pathetic though.