Kingdom Hearts

I just got it for christmas, and after a few issues with the controls, I found it quite ejoyable. The story’s alright, but the game’s just fun.

And Corn is rapidly proving himself to be an idiot.

I actually enjoyed KH. It was light hearted and whimstical most of the times, and when it wasn’t, it was full blown angst style shit. :stuck_out_tongue:

Donald and Goofie may have been insane, but after playing for a while you learn how to play to their, uh, ‘style’; it gets much easier.

I am however, disgusted with the game for one reason: Squall (Leon, whatever) does not sound like that. I don’t know if anyone else here has heard the crazy FF8 parody, but Squall sounds so much more like the character would. The voice doesn’t fit, and it makes me cry. They should have hired whoever did the parody.

I would suggest playing through it Vicki, you may enjoy it after a while… but then I haven’t even finished the game since I lost interest in it when I was nearing the end (as I tend to do with, well, all games). I’ll finish it one day though… just not today.

:kissy:

are you talking about Squall’s VA for ff8’s hentai comedy? :cool:

Yeah they did. In the Hotel in Traverse Town after Squall, Aerith and Yuffie pick up Sora. Yuffie or Aerith calls him Squall and he tells them to call him Leon.

Not in the sense that he was called it, and accepted it?

And Corn is rapidly proving himself to be an idiot.

I’d have an awesome picture to put here, it’s from FFX. It’s near the end when Auron is leaving the “alive” world., and it just has a face of anger/dismay. It was so awesome, and I’d put it here; but I can’t find it.

Bah to all of you who despise the Leon-Squall name change.

The only thing I really hated was the Aeris-Aerith name change! Oh, and how most of the summon spells were nearly useless.

Goofy’s a nice meatshield who can restore your MP, Donald heals and well… none of the other characters aren’t that good… Jack Skellington gains special ultra nightmare after christmas bonus points…

Now, hopefully, KH2 is situated in FF worlds with FF characters to be recruited >_>;

Damnit, Disney. Stop fucking around with my head! You’re making me think Disney is now cool, for using Final Fantasy as a tool. D:

Yuffie Called him “Squall” quite early on, and Jininy Cricket’s Book has this sentance “His real Name: Squall Lionheart”.

I think He’ll be called Squall in KH:GBA and KH2 if/when he appears in it.

The name change was a pride Issue, he felt wrong calling himself Squall and took up a new name of “Leon”

Big Nutter
I would play it too, but I’ve lent mine out over Christmas.

I enjoyed it quite a bit, but there were things that bugged me. I’d say give it one more whirl, but if it gets on your nerves, toss it.

I enjoyed it.

And for you that don’t like the game because Disney had a part in it, or some other stupid ass reason, get over yourself.

Squall’s last name is Leonheart you moron. He’s taking part of his last name and using it as his first name, his name would therefore be Leon Heart. Or he’s just using his last name as his first name.

I too, had problems with Kingdom Hearts when I first played it. The camera was a bit shoddy, the fighting gave me a headache and I hated all the characters but the main character. So I thought ‘Well, I’ll play a bit more then if I still hate it I’ll stop and return the rental.’ I played…and played…and played and by the time my rental was up I didn’t want to return it. You have to give the game a chance before you just give up on it. It’s not a game to be played for a couple hours and then put down for good. If you don’t like the gameplay as much as you could, the story makes up for it. If you don’t like the Gummi ships…you’re intelligent. Goddamned stupid Gummi ship mini-game makes me want to murder stuff. Aaaaaanywho, if you dislike the game based upon the Disney characters then you’re a fool, I absolutely [u]HATE[/u] all things Disney, save for the Lion King…TIMON ROCKS!, but I loved the addition of the Disney characters. They gave a fresh injection of energy into the stale and listless Final Fantasy world. Kingdom Hearts is my favorite game, it beat out games I’ve loved for up to a decade such as Chrono Trigger and a Link to the Past. Once you get the hang of the gameplay and get used to the camera angles you’ll probably love the game, but I don’t recommend it to you, Vicki…UNTIL YOU PLAY BACK TO NATURE! :stuck_out_tongue:

It wouldn’t hurt to give kh a second chance. Donald and Goofy get in the way a lot but I think you can fiddle with some of their attacks and things so they just cure you and such. Unlike dude, I usually ditched Donald for the other characters. Donald never seemed to do anything helpful.

Ditto. Makes me wish all my BtN data wasn;'t erased. ILSA II! YOU’D BEEN MY CHICKEN FOR FIVE YEARS NOW! WHY DID YOU HAVE TO GO AWAY?! WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!111111

Ori wins. And Corn/setz/your momma, your posts make baby Jesus cry :’(