Kingdom Hearts Re: Chain of Memories

So I was wondering if anyone has had the chance to play this yet. For anyone who doesn’t know, it’s a remake of the GBA game for the PS2. Came out with Final Mix+ in Japan as a secondary disc, and it’s been redone in 3D using the KH2 engine.

Was thinking of picking it up this week, since they got it on sale at Circuit City for $20. That, and I never played the original on GBA, so I was curious as to what it’s like.

Yeah, I was wondering about it too. I loathed the original CoM so much that I never finished it, but I can [STRIKE]down-[/STRIKE] PROCURE this quite easily if it’s worth even to look at.

It’s in my to-buy list, but I’m playing Atelier Iris 2 right now. I’ll probably get it for Xmas.

I actually liked the GBA version - it probably had the closest thing to an enjoyable system involving cards I will ever, ever play. I’m curious to see it in the PS2 version - mainly to see how Larxene, Vexen, marluxia, and the other guys not seen in KH2 sound and look like. Will see if I get it for christmas, and if not, then I might pick it up.

Seen gameplay vids. Exact same script with some added content (nothing crucial), card and battle system works just the same. Its just prettier and with voice acting. However I might get bored and pick it up just for the hell of it :stuck_out_tongue:

Originally Posted by Valkyrie Esker
I actually liked the GBA version - it probably had the closest thing to an enjoyable system involving cards I will ever, ever play. I’m curious to see it in the PS2 version - mainly to see how Larxene, Vexen, marluxia, and the other guys not seen in KH2 sound and look like. Will see if I get it for christmas, and if not, then I might pick it up.

While I haven’t played KH:CoMs I did find what I’ve played of Baten Kaitos to be tolerable (I should try to finish that game soon).

Though I’m still bummed that we didn’t get Final Mix + I’m glad we actually got something for once. Now if FFs X and XII would come out with their respective International versions then we’d be in business.

Finished it today, and I thought it was decent. A few bosses in particular had me very pissed off due to the fact I couldn’t counter attacks or heal fast enough which resulted in numerous deaths.

I’ll say it’s decent, but pretty repetitive as far as random fights go. And bosses (some later ones at least) definitely require some good strategy (unless you want to spam Sleights over and over). I don’t feel like going through R/R since I want to start on Persona 4. Camera’s still wonky though.

I’m about to start floor 13 of Sora’s mode. I don’t remember if there was a Beginner mode in the GBA version, but there is one in this version, and it makes it a lot more enjoyable. I found the GBA game WAY too hard. There are also a couple of new map cards that make those doors MUCH less of a pain.

The Disney worlds aren’t voice acted at all, but frankly that’s no big loss, as they’re even more abbreviated than in KH1. It sounds pretty weird to have Haley Joel Osment’s “grown-up” voice with the “kiddie” Sora model. :sunglasses: Larxene and Vexen are both pretty good, and Axel, naturally, is Axel. >-) I thought I remembered more Organization XIII members in Sora’s story, but I guess not.

Haha, have fun with Floor 13 and all the Neoshadows. Those things are annoying as hell, but they have a very useful enemy card at least.

I didn’t play on Beginner, just Normal.

The bosses I had the most trouble with were Vexen and Larxene II. Vexen’s annoying due to his shield and Larxene just to due to really fast attacks (some of which you can’t really avoid or break fast enough). I had to create a Sonic Blade spam deck to finally deal with her. That and both kept breaking my attacks.

Axel’s definately awesome in this game. I guess the other Org. members are in R/R.
Also, is it just me, or do the cutscenes appear a bit blurry at times? Not sure what’s up with that.

Yeah, they are blurry. Something to do with how they were recorded, I guess.