King of Fighters: The Movie

For those of you who haven’t had enough of Hollywood’s interpretations of fighting games, or somehow believe that Hollywood is somehow due to not producing yet another steaming pile of shit (videogame based or otherwise). Let me direct your attention to the following link…

http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3177104

This might be the worst trailer I’ve ever seen.

When was the last time an original movie came out that was good?

EDIT:
Not for a long time, mainly because there just aren’t enough of them. There are just too many rich assholes who want to make more cash off of something that is already popular.

You know, I put up with a lot of bullshit when it comes to these movies. Usually, I can handle the unnecessary plot changes and the weird character deviations. But this is just ridiculous.

-Since when was the King of Fighters tournament held IN ANOTHER DIMENSION?

-Why are there flaming swords? Or hell, swords period? Well, there is that midget guy with the Freddy Kruger glove, but I don’t think that’s the same thing.

-That might be the worst narration in trailer history. The guy obviously knows the whole thing is a giant pile of shit, and doesn’t even give a damn about the fucking movie. Seriously, when you’re forced to say “A rogue fighter who doesn’t play by the rules,” you know you’re in for the long haul.

There’s no hope of this movie being any good. The question is, will it be bad enough to be entertaining while also not overwhelming us with sheer awfulness? At least then, you can rent it, grab a couple of beers, and have a bunch of cheap laughs.

Did you see District 9 after all? It came out 3 months later here -why not 3 years so we could watch the sequel too- and I definitely liked it.

That looked pretty good to me.

I didn’t even realize that I’ve played King of Fighters until sometime after I finished watching the trailer because it doesn’t in any way resemble the game.

Then again, it’s not as if people play King of Fighters for the incredibly deep and involving storyline, so if they just make some decent action scenes they’ll meet my expectactions for it.

For me the only foreseeable good that can possibly come out of this movie is if they get the actress playing Mai to dress like Mai at some point.

(Thought, chances are, that this ain’t happenin’!)