Kazaa users, beware.

http://news.com.com/2100-1002-1000985.html

'nuff said.

Every virus and it’s mum is on Kazaa.

AHHHH!!! knowing me I will download it!!!
Oh well, my computer is crappy anyway so it won’t matter.

The faster this computer goes to shit the faster I’ll be motivated to get a new, better one.

That could’ve been the worm that killed RPGC…
:eek: OH NO!

No, Seph. RPGC got hit with a worm that directly targets Apache software running on Linux. Kazaa is neither for linux, nor should you really be using a webserver for any other purposes.

See, the RIAA is only trying to help us: Protect us from downloading viruses by hindering us from using evilminded programs such as Kazaa. nod, nod

Originally posted by Sephiroth252
That could’ve been the worm that killed RPGC…
:eek: OH NO!

That doesn’t make any God damned sense. >_<

Idiot…

Meh, if I do get big deal. I’ll just burn all of my shit and then reformat. And now you know why I think he’s an idiot.

I’m going to take this situation to tell everyone and their mother to get a freaking anti-virus program. There’s a good free one right here.

For this virus, a simple hardware firewall or having a good OS (like any BSD) renders it harmless.

Epic: If you want an AV program with any credibility that will sustain itself in the long run, you need to pay for it. As simple as that. AV is one of the few areas where Open Source simply won’t ever be worth it.

I better warn my bro then. He’s always there. Good thing we have an anti-virus thingy.

I’d be more scared if:

A: I ever used Kazaa (I used to, but not anymore)
B: I had anything important on our comp (some anime that I’ve seen at least 6-7 times, but that’s it)…

First off Wert, AVG is actually pretty good for a free virus checker, and secondly, it’s damn well better then not having one.

It’s a damn good thing I use Morpheus instead. Or maybe I shouldn’t, as it’ll probably pop up there too.

Originally posted by Wertigon
[b]For this virus, a simple hardware firewall or having a good OS (like any BSD) renders it harmless.

Epic: If you want an AV program with any credibility that will sustain itself in the long run, you need to pay for it. As simple as that. AV is one of the few areas where Open Source simply won’t ever be worth it. [/b]
HELL NO! Never an open source AV. EVER! Then people will bypass it easily.

I never download things at home. I\ll open & test them in the computer lab in the college nearby and if things don get screwed up, I burn it on a CD and take home.

I’ve yet to get a virus from Kazaa.

Me too, it’s actually getting quite easy to spot suspect files on kazaa now. I’ve also had an AV open everytime I open it though, just in case.