Kamen Rider

Uh… does this even belong here? If so…

Discuss.

A few months ago I opened a thread about it in the main forum. It seems Kamen is not very popular among most of the regulars here. It’s one of my favorite series of its type, though, among Jiraya, Jaspion and Cybercops.

I wouldn’t call KR anime, since it’s a live-action series (unless they’ve done an animated version that I don’t know about) Still, why not talk about it? I always felt he had the coolest costume of all Live Action Japanese Superheroes.

And, the lack of popularity of KR in America might be due to the AWFUL, AWFUL adaptation that was aired here -briefly- a few years ago.

Here in BR we had only the Black and RX parts of the Kamen Rider series. We would have more, but they were aired by a small company that went bankrupt years ago. The really big channels are just too stupid to notice things that are really succesful (the bigger one only bought the rights of SS this year, to be aired on the next one) so I don’t think we’ll have any more parts of it being aired.

One think that I used to imagine was a fusion between Mr. Black’s carapace with his brother’s, since the green-eyed villain died in RX and not taking that metal skin would be a waste. It’d be something better than the Prince of Sadness carapace.

Originally posted by Wilfredo Martinez
I wouldn’t call KR anime, since it’s a live-action series (unless they’ve done an animated version that I don’t know about)

Kamen Rider SD. I know next to nothing about it, but it’s probably goofy as hell.

Like that’s a bad thing…

Form: There’s goofy-funny and goofy-stupid. Most SD series are goofy-funny. KR (the American version) was goofy- STUPID. :fungah:

Most people connect the Sentai genre (Super heroes in ridiculous costumes fighting even more stupid enemies) with Mr.Saban (Might the devil hold his soul tight) and his Power Rangers and to tell you the truth… most of them are right.

Kamen rider was to me like a one person power ranger… even though I liked the motorcicle.

Originally posted by Seraphim Ephyon
[b]Most people connect the Sentai genre (Super heroes in ridiculous costumes fighting even more stupid enemies) with Mr.Saban (Might the devil hold his soul tight) and his Power Rangers and to tell you the truth… most of them are right.

Kamen rider was to me like a one person power ranger… even though I liked the motorcicle. [/b]

The insect one or the robot one?

Wilfredo Martinez: Ya got that right, d00d.

Seraphim Ephyon: Kamen Rider wasn’t that bad… and it predates Power Rangers by 23 years. Plus, it’s spawned MORE new series even up to this year’s (555, or Faiz) and Japan still isn’t tired of it. Creepy? Not really.

Ren:

The insect one or the robot one?

Are you talking about the motorbike or the hero?

Oh, and there were 2 riders in the original series. Apparently the actor for Hongo Takeshi/Kamen Rider #1 did his own stunts, and during one, shattered his left leg. (Driving a motorbike full speed into a telephone pole does that to you.) So, to compensate for his recovery, the story claimed Takeshi/#1 went off to Europe to fight other evils, so Ichimonji Hayato/Kamen Rider #2 was left to defend Japan from Shocker. Eventually, #1 returned and #2 left until the last episode (and Kamen Rider V3 :ulty: ).

Wow… that was long.

I was talking about the bike. I liked the insect one.

I saw one that looked like a yellow-blue insect. He also had a red car. Both of them talked and didn’t get along at all.

Plus, it’s spawned MORE new series

You say it like it’s a good thing.

I saw one that looked like a yellow-blue insect. He also had a red car. Both of them talked and didn’t get along at all.

Oh yeah, I just remembered him now. Looked like the Eagle from Carmaggedon. Nice machine, though I found it… Unfitting to the series.

You say it like it’s a good thing.

Did I, really? creepy grin