Just stopping by to say I'm doing fine.

Lookin slick.

M16-a4 i think. Fuck you info, I had an a2. At least my sling was better.

Glad things are okay for you. Keep us posted! :smiley:

Glad to hear you’re doing fine, although sorry about the monotonity. I’m sure doing the same thing every day over and over is repetitive and fucking boring. I wish you many safe, but action oriented, days ahead.

What do you mean your sling is better, mine is better since it is so versatile. I can use it for a M16 or M4, I can use it left of right handed, and I can have it switch hands while I’m wearing it (which is great for patrols). I actually like the A2 more than the A4. The A2 is easier to clean, it is lighter, I’ve heard it is more accurate (the A4 is only better if you get all the spiffy attachments, which they didn’t give us). I think the A2 has a longer range too.

No, but I wish I did. The ACOG is too expensive, plus it isn’t really needed for what we’re doing. One guys has one (he bought it himself) and it is really nice.

Mamba sling. It doesnt look like you have one, but the way you described it, sounds like you have one. Is your’s a 3 point sling?(plus mine was black on black, no tan to interfere with the sandblasted color of my weapon.) You got a mag holder on that? Alot of us bought them in kuwait for like $7 and they were the best things ever when we were on post, because we always had to have 1 mag with our weapons, and with the stock mag holder, we didnt have to carry the damn things in our cargo pockets.

ninjaedit: Unless I’m mistaken, the a4 is more accurate, being the newer model and all.

It is a 3-point sling, but it is a Spectre, not a Mamba. I got tan just to match the environment better (I could have got black). Plus I was able to write my name on my sling to make it easier to find in a stack or something (like when we are on QRF). I could get a magazine holder for it (they sell them here for about the same price), but I haven’t really had a need for it. Well from what I’ve been told, it is less accurate with just the iron sights (it is more accurate than the A2 if you get the ACOG or something). It also doesn’t seem to shoot as far since it only goes up to 600 yds on the sights (it is 6/3 instead of 8/3).

EDIT: Oh yeah, I got selected for Corporal, so hopefully I get it on April 1 (such a cruel day to get it).