Just Got Ogre Battle...

My point is that my Rep is at the highest possible in that part and the chit won’t give me the amulet.

And Eva, I’m affraid that if you kill Gilbert Canopus dissapears. I don’t really care about Eagle boy but Gilbert rocks…

Canopus is rather key to a couple of events later too. If you miss him, it messes up a lot.

I finished OB so many times…
The best tactics involve sieging the enemy main town with 2-3 super powerful units and then sending flyers everywhere to liberate the towns. You can get mages by the 10th map using this technique (though be very careful because you need a minimum of 10 ALI). I’m not a big fan of the undead. I like using knights, paladins, dragoons or other living fighters. Demons and devils aren’t bad though. But undead don’t make the cut. Really not strong enough.

The best late game parties involve liches, princesses and paladins or dragoons. Very expensive per unit to deploy, but you don’t need that many. Oh. And don’t EVER make the Lord fight unless 100% necessary OR later in the game when enemies are 10lvls above you and you want to boost the ALI and CHA through the roof.

Yeah I finally got Canopus, because it states in the OB shrine here that you need him to get the best ending…took me a couple hours because of stupidity, but I’m a perfectionist.Must master game.He’s quite storng, I like him better than Gilbert…well I never used him yet.Having trouble trying to figure out how to upgrade to classes and such and how to get the best class, I guess.No wonder I didnt like it when I was young.So much to it.

I just make one super-powered unit and slaughter through everything :stuck_out_tongue:

Despite popular belief, that does NOT damage your reputation one bit. It will however destroy your alignment, which is where unit 2 comes in. Unit 2 is a group of high-aligned characters whose job is liberation. Since their alignment is high, reputation will skyrocket in spite of the massive killings the main unit is doing.

What frusterates me is that it destroys Charisma too, and evil units STILL need high charisma to change classes. Charisma and alignment generally both change at the same time making it harder to reach the upper level evil classes.

Originally posted by Kagon
What frusterates me is that it destroys Charisma too, and evil units STILL need high charisma to change classes. Charisma and alignment generally both change at the same time making it harder to reach the upper level evil classes.

Which is why I hoard all CHA. Items I get, and use them when the time is right.

Thank you, Anywhere Jack!

That’s a big pain in the ass to get Sorcerers, one of the best units ever.

And Gilbert is VERY good if you use him a lot. Forget about his ALI and CHA and just boost his levels trough the sky like Flint said.

What killed me was the mages ali requirement. It was something like 10-30. So a bunch of my mages would get down to zero ali and it was bloody impossible to raise it back up. Meanwhile of course, I have a huge friggen surplus of undead staffs and rings.

What killed me was the mages ali requirement. It was something like 10-30. So a bunch of my mages would get down to zero ali and it was bloody impossible to raise it back up.

YES that is the biggest problem I have right now.Lans unit has my two best wizards, but the whole firgging unit is at 0 ali…and i’m gonna have to do my research and see what brings their ali up to at least 10, because I really need those mages for level 6!

The best way to cure that is to wait a couple of stages before using them again. That way they’ll be fighting higher level units than they are so their alignment and charisma will go up.

I tried to get into MotBQ after I played PoLC, but couldn’t get into the gaming system too much. If I make a balanced army, I’d have too much this and that on my hands. If I make some superpowered units, it’d get boring after a while. OB64 spoiled me too much…

That’s why you shift units every level so you don’t get caught in that mistake:p Having a variety of classes also eases the boredome as well.

Ogre Battle 64 was one of the best games I’ve ever played. It was very diverse like Final Fantasy Tactics which is also one of my favorite games. I enjoyed figuring out how if you capture a city with a different alignment character that you can earn secrets throught the “Chaos alignment”. At least I think it was called that. I just got the original after searching everywhere and will soon be playing it. I hope it lives up to the 64 version though. I know the graphics will be worse but I’m looking for a deep plot that isn’t too linear. From what i hear it sounds really good.

Holy shit man I wrote this thread like a year ago

Hmm I wonder why I didn’t notice that…hmm…oh well.

So how about you stop posting here at least a week after the last person, and let the topic die?

:ah-ha!: I just wanted to say to the person who missed out on Canopus and Gilbert: The reason you had not gotten them was because you visited the cities in the wrong order.

First visit the city which tells you about Canopus, second go to the city with Canopus, Revisit the city which told you of him, Go to the temple, Recieve the “Wing of Victory” give it to Canopus, and deploy him. Send him into battle against Gilbert, and THEN reputation comes in play. If your reputation is too low Gilbert won’t join, thats what happened to me. Imagine reputation hitting Rock Bottom at the third mission. >_> Pathetic. Oh well, thats what I get for just using my Opinion Leader.