Just beat Earthbound.....

Like those stupid bats Krakens can drop. I never even bothered to get that because, at least with the Sword of Kings, you had all four characters but just fighting a Kraken with Ness seemed a little bit…suicidal to me o.O Then again, you can take on Mani Mani alone, maybe getting that bat isn’t all too hard…hmm…

Originally posted by Exo
Earthbound Rocks your Cocks.

ROCK OUT WITH YOUR COCK OUT! :open_mouth:

I’m currently playing EB during my 15 minute homeroom. I’m gonna see if I can beat it by the end of the 180 day school year. Wish me luck ;p

Earthbound… I’ve been meaning to play that for some time now, but have never been able to go past those first “what’s your favorite food?” type questions, anyway… from what some of you have said, I’ll probably like it. I love bad jokes.

well, it was admittedly one of my first RPGs. Heck, maybe even the total first. Whatever the case is, i remember LOVING it back then, but when i try playing it today, i cant stand it like i did back then:thud:

Maybe its because ive played other RPGs now, or maybe because my sense of humor has changed drastically since then (i was around 9 or 10 back then, cant remember. 8 years does that to you)

I do agree that the concept itself is great, however.

/me prays before the altar of Earthbound.

To quote a friend from high school: “How many games let you beat up hippies with baseball bats?”

Answer: two (Earthbound and Earthbound Zero.)

EB Rulz man. The backgrounds, the music, the characters, the fart joke(notice it’s singular). It’s a game by stoners for stoners(I am not a stoner for the record).

Like I said, there’s three fart jokes in that game that I know of.

1. The guy who says “I just farted” in Chaos Theater.
  2. That one Tessie Watcher who farts when you speak to him en route to the Stonehenge Base
  3. The “Preeeet! Poooot!” guy in Dalaam.

Originally posted by Kagato Toujou
I liked the concept of Earthbound more than the game itself.

Yeah, same here. I enjoyed the concept of a more modernized RPG (it makes it a little easier to relate to). I’d like to see a more complicated game made with a simliar engine.

As for Starmen.net… they have a little bit of a cult going on over there. Its kinda cool though, to see all these people gathered at one site, worshipping a fairily obscure Rpg from the good ol’ Snes days. The forums really have a lot of stupid fanboys though.

Originally posted by PanamaJack
Yeah, same here. I enjoyed the concept of a more modernized RPG

[COUGH]pokemon[/COUGH]

Originally posted by Yar Kramer
[COUGH]pokemon[/COUGH]

Spiteful crow! I choose you! throws a Pokeball; the Spiteful Crow pecks at Yar’s eyes!

… Desert Eagle, I choose you! [BLAMMO]

What is this “Earthbound?”

Anyway, welcome to the club of people who finished Earthbound. From what I’ve heard talking to some irl friends who are big RPG fans (like HUGE, we’re talking willing to by a Duo just to play Cosmic Fantasy 2), Earthbound is really hard. Personally, I don’t remember it being that hard, but I tend to overlevel, and I do happen to know where pretty much every item in the game is off the top of my head.

I have to admit that I am a bit partial to any RPG that I can play with one hand. Thank you Earthbound, SNES DQ games, and 7th Saga.

Originally posted by Mr. Saturn
I have to admit that I am a bit partial to any RPG that I can play with one hand. Thank you Earthbound, SNES DQ games, and 7th Saga.

Earthbound is great because you can dig hamburgers out of the trash, and eat a hamburger irl at the same time. :slight_smile:

Originally posted by Dragonessa
Earthbound is great because you can dig hamburgers out of the trash, and eat a hamburger irl at the same time. :slight_smile:

[THUD]

Grah, I can’t stand earthbound…

Originally posted by Mr. Saturn
[b]What is this “Earthbound?”

Anyway, welcome to the club of people who finished Earthbound. From what I’ve heard talking to some irl friends who are big RPG fans (like HUGE, we’re talking willing to by a Duo just to play Cosmic Fantasy 2), Earthbound is really hard. Personally, I don’t remember it being that hard, but I tend to overlevel, and I do happen to know where pretty much every item in the game is off the top of my head. [/b]

Same. I’m replaying it right now and I haven’t fought a boss yet that took me more than 3 minutes to beat. It’s like nerve wracking and stuff…