Josie and the Pussycats go manga

http://www.silverbulletcomicbooks.com/news/111225161853928.htm

I came across this while reading some Archie comics my mom bought.

That’s not really Manga, it’s an American comic book with Manga-style art. The characters are almost unrecognizable!

BUT, I’m not complaining. As long as the public enjoys them, it’s all fair. Plus, all fictional characters get updated for new generations sooner or later (of course, if you change the characters to the point that they’re virtually NEW characters, why not just make new ones?) The Manga-style Sabrina comic is doing well, and it seems that Shojo Manga is popular among girls today… the other day, my best friend’s daughter, Joyce (15) asked ME for advice on what Mangas to buy! :hahaha;

Is it yuri? :smiley:

Looks better than that Wizard of Oz maga there selling at the comic book store I work at. :moogle:

It’s great if people like the new art style, and immitation is the greatest form of flattery, but I have to agree with Wil that it’s not manga. Manga is Japanese comics, not western comics done in what is generally accepted to be a Japanese style. They’re just trying to ride on the current popularity of Japanese comics. I doubt they announced their other changes in styles over the years.

…I hate it…I just hate these western style Manga…The artwork is horrible…and the plot line is mediocre