I've got a dumb law

Holy shit, the town I go to school in has made it onto dumblaws.com

www.dumblaws.com/laws.php?site=laws&cid=184&region=13

If you scroll down past the alphabetized part, its the Carbondale law.

I remember when this law was enacted… I never thought it would get international fame. Wow, I live in a town with a dumb law. Mind you all that this is a town of less than 50,000 people, so dumb laws are a little less common for me.

I am so proud.

Page cannot be displayed.

http://www.dumblaws.com/laws.php?site=laws&cid=184&region=13

…Are those real?

Imagine what would happen if they enacted that law for every street. It would be like a smaller NYC because you had to keep walking. :stuck_out_tongue:

I like this one

Ice skating at the Riverside pond during the months of June and August is prohibited.

Although I agree with the ones prohibiting spitting on the sidewalks n stuff. That’s just damn gross.

Here’s a strange one. Why are women allowed to walk topless in NYC but not allowed to wear body hugging clothes. Though for the most part, I’d rather see them topless 8p.

And that law must not get enforced too often. I saw thousands of women in Times Square wearing body hugging clothes. At a little place called MTV Studios. Which during a filming of TRL I stood behind Jessica Simpson fans with a sign that said : FUCK BUSH, NOT HELPLESS PRISONERS. I also stood behind a reporter holding the same sign while she was conducting an interview for a local news network.

One may not pee in his neighbor’s mouth.

Good thing I don’t live there.

I’m stayin’ outta there.

A rooster must step back three hundred feet from any residence if he wishes to crow. Hens that wish to cackle must step two hundred feet back from any residence.

How do they enforce this one?

we got prostitutes who pay taxes here… that’s cool…

Many of these dumb laws don’t have documentation. But, since it’s on the internet, it must be true!

i love you

The sad truth is that my dumb law is in fact real, and it created a big stir when it was first enacted, and if anyone cared to look in a library here in Carbondale, Illinois, they could find the articles reflecting the commotion. As for the rest, I have no clue. But you really can’t stand on the 500 block in our little town. And I am proud that my humble town has made it onto the internet for something other than our University or the dinky tourism sites.

Being known for having a few dumb laws is probably better that being known the fattest, dumbest, drunkest, and (don’t know how else to put this one) most lacking of a sense of humor city.

Unfortuantely, all I know of your location is:

Care to elaborate on which city is so horribly known for being these things? It sounds like it may be personal for you.

“The English language is not to be spoken.”

I love it.