Its that time at last...

With the posting of this thread, I have aquired a post count of 1000. As per the usual tradition, ask questions. I feel proud to have taken over a year to do this, as I do not wish to consider myself spammy. Im still wondering what I will use for my title…

What is zero divided by zero?

North Korea or Cuba?

What do you think of me?

:bowser: or :booster:

0 divided by 0 is 0. The answer of a division problem is found when you reach zero at last, and since no subtraction is needed in this instance to reach 0, then the answer is 0!

North Korea

And Kamikaze, you are interesting. Nice to see an odd face once in awhile, referring to your’ communist tendencies. Part of free speech is letting people be of their’ own beliefs, after all.

Oh, and :bowser: > :booster:

Thanks. :toast:

Zero divided by zero has no real answer.

What color is your house?

I live in an apartment.

Live performance, album or live performance album?

album. You need to go with someone else’s schedule to have a live performance (unless you pay them way too much), and I have to do that enough as is, being in TWO P+P RPG campaigns.

Did you vote for Nader?

Yes it does, zero. You’re thinking of zero divided by any other number.

0 / 0 =0

X / 0= No answer

Look at it backwards, nothing can be multiplied by X to equal zero. If you look at the first equation, and multiply the answer and the number by which the original number is being divided, the answer is zero.

Actually, that first one you did is 0. It should be written X/0. Also, I think that 0 divided by 0 is undefined. Wehn you are doing Calculus and get something like 0/0, you have to do something, I forget what though.

No, zero cannot be the <i>denominator</i>; it can be the numerator.

0/0 = undefined
x/0 = undefined
0/x = 0

Think about it this way… if you have nothing, you can divide it into as many parts as you want, and you’ll still have nothing for each part. However, what is 0 parts? You can’t define it, and whether you have anything or nothing, you still can’t divide it into no parts.

Calculus makes use of limits so that x->0 can approach 0 but never quite reach it.

Samurai or Tank?

Who will be the Non-Comenting Team Member of My MST crew, or someone to do Gypsy’s role. (They must not have appeared in the fanfics) (Yar’s out of the Question, BTW)

Swedish chef gag or “We like Weilia, We do” song?

Big Nutter
FF7 or Kingdom Hearts?

Err you’re right Info, typo on my part.

Could you go into a bit more detail Cless, I don’t think I’m quite seeing what you’re getting at. It’s been a while since my math classes, :stuck_out_tongue: but why can’t you work backwards to arrive at 0 / 0 =0?

I can’t remember the proof, but I am 100% positive that 0/0 is an undefined number, but that doesnt help much.

Where is your avatar from?

Well, just take a look at your statements.

Look at it backwards, nothing can be multiplied by X to equal zero.

Something CAN be multiplied by X to equal zero. Zero! 0X = 0.

If you look at the first equation, and multiply the answer and the number by which the original number is being divided, the answer is zero.

Basically you’re saying that for a real number X when divided by 0 will give you a ratio of X:0, let’s call it, Y.
X / 0 = Y
X = 0Y
But for any value that we give to Y the result will be meaningless, since 0 multiplied by Y will <i>never</i> give you X again.

The exception in mind would, of course, be that X = 0. But even so…
0 / 0 = Y
0 = 0Y
What is Y then? Anything we want, since anything multiplied by 0 will always give you 0 again. The ratio between 0 and 0, then, is <i>undefined</i>, since it can be absolutely <i>anything</i>.

Do you h9 math?

Purple?

Tomato: Fruit or vegetable?

Is the glass half empty or half full?

Why are we here?

Is there really a god or are we all just the product of some being’s sick and twisted imagination?