It's so obvious!!

Don’t ask me to explain beauty Steve.

Not according to the philosophists of 1700’s France, who believed that self-actualization came from socity evolving in a more “natural” state (republicancy).

They were off their rocker.

Beauty is a naked catboy!

Copyright: Shari.

Beauty is when you sit outside on a stump and eat a ripe peach when your saposta be working

Beauty is a freshly baked pie =o

hooray for boobies! >_>

Eww, peach!? More like orange. Or apple. Probably orange though.

How the hell can you not like a peach?

Because I’m not a psycho! That’s how!

You obviously have never eaten a good peach!

If by narrow generalizations, you mean the generalizations and stereotypes set by humans, then yes. If we create these generalizations, then this shows that our minds are finite in what they can imagine and observe because we can’t see past our own limitations. However, in creating these generalizations, we are bettering ourselves because as we create them, we gain the knowledge that we can break past these and become better people.

In creating these generalizations we are helping ourselves. Each time we make them we realise that we are limited in the things we can do which is good, it stops most people from thikning they are invincible and can do anything, yet also gives us a goal to achieve and pass through. One of the instincts of human beings is to make ourselves and the world around us better, some people may have twisted versions of how they can make it better, but most people want to do this.

There is however a flaw to this. If people create generalizations that they are unable to transcend, then they are underlining their own limitations and thus making themselves unhappier because they can’t see how limited they are. This sends them into a spiral whereby they want to better themselves by breaking through their own generalizations, but don’t know their own limits and therefore can’t better themselves.

I also think though that the main beauty of the human race is the ability to individualize. This gives us the power to think freely and therefore improve upon ourselves and things around us. I believe that most genuises were almost always slightly insane because of how individual they were. They made themselves so individual that they were able to think more freely than most people, however, relatively speaking they seemed slightly insane because of the way they created and expressed their ideas and their own lives.

Sorry if this is hard to understand but it’s almost 3 AM and I’ve had too much cheese.

I dont like your threads anymore. They’re BORING. But I too, could go for some cheese.

I think one of the greatest strength and weakness of humanity is our ability to adapt. Its a strength because it lets us survive in a changing world. Its a weakness because sometimes we adapt too easily to things that we should not adapt to, that we should be resisting.

Beauty is the ability to say that two plus two equals four. Oh, wait, my bad, that’s freedom.

Hello, Mr Sun.

http://www.or-rouge.com/basement/archives/20040702.php

Beauty is impossible to describe, as it’s relative to some, and to others, it’s sensible.

I’m not drunk though. :too bad:

Hehe.

That does surprise me a tad.