Is Japanese Music annoying?

Originally posted by Mazrim Taim
[b]I don’t really find any music annoying.

-Steve rocks hard[/b]

Originally posted by LunarCry
J-pop is fine . . . when the Japanese artists sing in their native language :stuck_out_tongue: Listening to Japanese pop singers attempting to sing odd, random phrases in English all of a sudden is too hilarious for me to be able to appreciate the music, unless they’re doing it well. Which isn’t often.

RIDE ON SHOOTING STAR!

Originally posted by Trillian
Japanese music is like all other music…some is good, some is not-so good, and the rockstars are cute. :slight_smile:

I haven’t heard that much, but most of what i’ve heard i have liked. But that Ruruoni Kenshin opening theme song “Freckles” is horrid and i have to mute that every time or else my eardrums will burst with evilous pain beyond compare.::dekar!::Cute rockstars? i wouldn’t know, though i think Asian woman are really beautifulenvy

The only thing taht annoys me is the fact that most people don’t understand what I mean when I say I like japanese music…
Example:
Somebody: What music do you like?
Me: J-Rock.
Somebody: ???
Me: That’s japanese music.
Somebody::thud: You mean that traditional stuff?!

It’s not that the traditional japanese music is bad, but it gets on my nerves when people confuse it…

But I must also confess that I’m no expert ether, for I know only a bit of that visual key bands like x-japan and some anime songs…

Not really. As with all music, some songs are annoying and some are not. And some just plain suck.

I like Japanese music, and I’m not just talking about the RPG music, either. Some of the few I’ve listened to aren’t so bad at all. And considering we have exchange students coming over from Japan every year…even if you don’t like it, you learn to adapt to it

~Priestess Aeria~

Despite my very eclectic taste in music, I really like J-Pop. So no, I don’t find it annoying at all, though both my siblings do.

I like it. the evangelion theme is good and Gundam wing also has some good music.

When ever someone asks what I’m listening to, I always try to go with the band name, “Uh… The Pillows!” Then they just assume its some random band and think nothing if it, and I don’t have to explain anything. :stuck_out_tongue:

Heh, I’m used to hearing asiatic stuff over here ^^;;
Japanese music isnt annoying at all. I have some soundtracks from games or anime, and I listen Dir en Grey and Malice Mizer a lot.

Originally posted by LunarCry
J-pop is fine . . . when the Japanese artists sing in their native language :stuck_out_tongue: Listening to Japanese pop singers attempting to sing odd, random phrases in English all of a sudden is too hilarious for me to be able to appreciate the music, unless they’re doing it well. Which isn’t often.

True but some do fine. Hikaru Utada sung both versions of the Kingdom Hearts theme, Hikari (Japanese) and Simple and Clean (English) and she sounded fine in both. Also Emiko Shiroi (sp?) sang both versions of Melodies of Life for FFIX.

I don’t think Japanese music is annoying just because it’s Japanese. It’s just like any other music, some is good and some is not. I think the most annoying song with Japanese lyrics I’ve ever heard is Daikenkai, a Japanese rap song with heavy metal instruments. This song is my most disliked song in DDR Extreme.

Usually, Japanese pop in other languages sounds a little strange because of the translation. I think the reason that Emiko Shiratori’s song works so well from FF9 is because the Japanese and the English songs are actually completely different and about unrelated things, only the music is practically identical. I think it’s the same case with Hikari/Simple and Clean from Kingdom Hearts.

I listen to some of it, but not a whole lot. I do enjoy the music videos they make though :slight_smile:

Thee Michelle Gun Elephant r0x0rs!

Originally posted by baka-neko
The only thing taht annoys me is the fact that most people don’t understand what I mean when I say I like japanese music…
Example:
Somebody: What music do you like?
Me: J-Rock.
Somebody: ???
Me: That’s japanese music.
Somebody::thud: You mean that traditional stuff?!

Well then say Japanese rock music, instead of J-Rock, which just sounds super nerdy and awfully weird.

ACK! Darn, I meant to say, " no, it’s not annoying" but I accidentally said yes!! Darn it!!

Well anyway, some Japanese music is good and some is not. And I DO know what I’m talking about!:moogle: