Is ff10 any good?

Half an hour isn’t all that long if you’re going to be introduced to the characters and story. Most RPGs make you wait that long (even FF6 had a 10-minute intro). And generally speaking the attacks, while not 16-bit quick, are faster than FF8 or 9, and the end battle is fast as well.

Anyway, the battles make you think quite a bit more than usual, IMO, and the puzzles, while there are fewer of them, are pretty cool. And just because something has cool graphics doesn’t mean that everything is concentrated on those graphics.

Originally posted by Cidolfas

And just because something has cool graphics doesn’t mean that everything is concentrated on those graphics.

Yeah, that’s what scared me out of it first: the big 3d move. I think I will give it a try, sounds great.

Good for you, 'cause the least you can do is try it out. I doubt thsat you will be disappointed:moogle:

In my opinion, DEFINITELY. I love FFX. It wasn’t just the graphics, either.

FFX is excellent. Less play-oriented and more story-oriented though.

Anyway, the battles make you think quite a bit more than usual, IMO, and the puzzles, while there are fewer of them, are pretty cool. And just because something has cool graphics doesn’t mean that everything is concentrated on those graphics.
8 Cloisters you can do in the game. And they’re complicated like living fuck! Best puzzle FF ever.

And I didn’t really notice that much of a graphics jump from FF9, other than the FMVs.

Originally posted by Xelopheris
And I didn’t really notice that much of a graphics jump from FF9, other than the FMVs.

i don’t want to alarm you, but you might need glasses

Originally posted by Xachariah
i don’t want to alarm you, but you might need glasses
I’m nearly blind.

And the graphics weren’t that great outside of the FMVs. I mean, look at Tidus’ hair, it’s got a 5 inch black border on it 90% of the time.

Xelo, in FF9 you could barely SEE anybody’s hair, let alone see any borders around them. Characters were usually like 50 pixels tall. 8p The resolution is unbelievably better in FFX.

Absolutely, I did things backwards (played FFX before FFIX) and FFIX looks amazingly low-res compared to FFX, which is a veritable graphical masterpiece :slight_smile: also got one of the best soundtracks of the lot, on a par with 7’s :slight_smile:

FFX is a decent game. I love the Sphere Grid as it makes leveling up constant fun. I prefer gaining a very tiny bit constantly then a lot rarely. It just gives a better feel. Plus it has a decent story.

Problem is thanks to the plot, the game literally drops victory in your LAP. As it forces you on a very straight path and takes you where you need to be figuratively a lot of times.

It’s probably my second least favorite FF of them all.

St.Ajora

Saint, you make a very good point, it does have an incerdible, and invloving story, which is why it is my joint first FF!

Xelo, in FF9 you could barely SEE anybody’s hair, let alone see any borders around them. Characters were usually like 50 pixels tall. 8p The resolution is unbelievably better in FFX.
It’s not so much the quality of the images that I care about, but rather the fact that in FFX, they try to use Transparency layers and fail greatly. And all the polygon overlaps.

Originally posted by Xelopheris
8 Cloisters you can do in the game. And they’re complicated like living fuck! Best puzzle FF ever.

Besaid, Kilika, Djose, Macalania, Bevelle, Zanarkand. Yep, 8.

Baaj does not have a Cloister, neither does Remiem. Plus Zanarkand’s Cloister is extremely easy.

Besaid, Kilika, Djose, Macalania, Bevelle, Zanarkand X2 (Since you can’t go to the faith and get the bonus at the same time), and that makes 7. Mere typo on my part.

But Zanarkand only has one cloister, does it not? Just because you can do it twice doesn’t mean it’s two cloisters. (I know it’s different, but the second is so similiar to the first it seems wrong to call them seperate.)

That’s still 6 puzzles you have to do and one voluntary. And let’s not forgot the puzzles in Mt. Gagazet.

Those weren’t hard, they were just a case of trial and error!

The Gagazet ones were odd, IMO… helped to have a stronmg Wakka and Rikku, though :wink:

FFX is an amazing game. But…it’s not my favourite. My fave is FFVII, but back to the subject, FFX is a great game with a really involving storyline, good graphics and even better sound track!:moogle: