Is ff10 any good?

I haven’t played ff10 yet and I don’t have money to burn so I need to make absolutely sure ff10 doesn’t suck before I buy it. Is it as good as or better than 7,8,9? All the reviews are great but the screenshots are very worrying, they remind me of Ultima9! Something happens to an RPG when it moves into full 3D and it ain’t pretty. So what do you think should I go for it given I really loved 7,8, and 9?

ye, if you liked the other ff then you should definetly go for ffX, even though i think Tidus is the stupidest ff hero ever, the overall game is pretty good

Some people hate it.
Some people love it.
Rent a system and test it out first.

It depends on what you want in a game. I did find it more challenging than most of the other recent FFs, so if you don’t like thinking then it might not be for you. The story is very nice (the voice acting is okay, not great, but it doesn’t really detract from the game). There’s no real exploration though (no world map) so if that’s a big deal for you then don’t bother. Etc. etc.

Originally posted by Cidolfas
It depends on what you want in a game. I did find it more challenging than most of the other recent FFs, so if you don’t like thinking then it might not be for you. The story is very nice (the voice acting is okay, not great, but it doesn’t really detract from the game). There’s no real exploration though (no world map) so if that’s a big deal for you then don’t bother. Etc. etc.

Hello old guy, what do you mean more challenging? Are the puzzles less straightforward (most of ff7 was a nobrainer) or are the battles harder? I am looking mostly for a story and good characters. I also like a long long long game, if I finsh the game too soon I feel robbed. That’s what I like about ff’s they are pretty long.

I love it!:stuck_out_tongue:

Just rent it and see for yourself. I liked it, dosen’t mean you will.

HELL YES!

…apart from the whiny brat of a ‘hero’, Tidus (Tightass), but it’s worth bearing him if only for the cool graphics and AURON! THE coolest badass on RPG!

Hello old guy, what do you mean more challenging? Are the puzzles less straightforward (most of ff7 was a nobrainer) or are the battles harder? I am looking mostly for a story and good characters. I also like a long long long game, if I finsh the game too soon I feel robbed. That’s what I like about ff’s they are pretty long.

Please don’t call me old guy (you are older than me, if you recall, by a few months).

Both the puzzles and the battles are more challenging. The puzzles are more puzzle-like, too (although there are fewer of them). As for the characters, they’re fairly deep and pretty interesting (and the fact that they have voices makes it a much more engaging experience). The story isn’t quite as good IMO as FF7 or FF9, but a good deal better than FF8. :sunglasses:

I believe it took me about 50 hours to finish the first time, but if you’re a freak for doing everything in a game, it’ll easily run you up past 100 hours. There’s TONS of sidequests and a lot of optional battles that require you to be an absolute god to beat.

I enjoyed it. And yes, it’s quite easy to spend 100+ hours playing FF10.

FFX was one of my favourite RPG’s… innovative battle/level up system, good story, yes it’s too linear ande Tidus is a brat, but the good news is there are only very few places where it’s required to have him in your party (no, seriously). The temple puzzles are quite tricky, though (esp. toward the end) so don’t expect to be able to just stroll through it… Still worth your money, though :slight_smile:

FFX rules, man.
it was the FF i ever played, and i’m still playing it over and over again. i love it, the story, the characters (seymour and auron rock my world).
like cid said, voice acting is ok. and i think the voices fit each character perfectly. and the battle system is different… i like it.

oh, and the FMV’s are BEAUTIFUL!!! :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Hehe, I used to think of Cid as the ‘old wise dude’ too. Mainly because he posts very few but when he does its really intelligent.

Get FFX now, it rocks! Plust the VA’s are great considering how terrible they are in other games.

Hmm…I read somewhere awhile ago that it takes like, a half hour to get into actual gameplay…I was also wondering if FF 10 was worth it, and from all I read here, it does.I’m a problem solver and looooove battling and I’m a big perfectionist when it comes to games so i HAVE to do everything…but if this is a game drawing its hype by its voiceovers and FMV’s and graphics well erm…

Actually to do everything in FFX, would take ages, for most people like to go for the whole fully-completed Sphere Grid, which is huge, and takes ages to fill.

Also I would not say that it takes a hlaf hour, for you get into battles, after about 10 minutes (I think) of FMV, and small dialogue.

As for Zolom, as someone already said, see if you can borrow it from somewhere and try it out, that way you will truly know whether you like it or not.

I just hate games that take sooooo long to execute attacks and end battles because we need to see close ups of so and so’s rack here or the shiny flash of a gunblade being skewered about there.FF 10 just seems to live up to that stereo type.

Yes, it DOES take about half an hour to get into actual gameplay. My butt gets numb from sitting on my bedroom floor for four hours solid! But it’s worth it. Plus, there’s no automatic levelling up as a result of battles. Battles enable you to move steps along summat called a sphere grid- that’s how you level up and learn abilities.

Gah, you just WAIT till I get a memory card! :enguard: Take that, parental bans!

Yeah well even if it does takae that long, it is still an awesome game, that is going to be hard for Square to top, in my opinion at least.:cool:

Yeah! I agree…I mean, the animation is obviously by far the best so far. There’s quite little between the movie scenes and the avergare battle scenes. What I’ve played so far (about four hours) I really like, despite Tidus being an all round whiny brat! :slight_smile: