iraqi reversal

One cannot have truely thought out there own opinion if they cant argue the other side. Here is a place to argue that side.

<img src=“http://www.rpgclassics.com/staff/tenchimaru/td.gif”> I don’t think there is an afterlife.

Originally posted by The Wizardmaster
One cannot have truely thought out there own opinion if they cant argue the other side.
That’s only true if one comes to the table without any argument of one’s own from the start. There’s no lack of people to cover the other side, and it’s through argument with them that one thinks out one’s own opinion and contests it with theirs. After that, when one already has a strong argument against something, it would be ridiculous to pretend to argue for it, since, unless one really changed one’s views on the subject, pretense is all it would really be.

Wiz, your post lacks a constructive thought and therefore YOU MUST DIE NOW!!!

Originally posted by Trillian
Wiz, your post lacks a constructive thought and therefore YOU MUST DIE NOW!!!

I’d like to agree with you, but, unfortunately, I can’t truly conclude you are right until I’ve argued the other side.

“Wizardmaster must not die now because, um, uh, hmmm, well, eh, hrmm, uh, yeah, well, you know, like, um…”

DAMMIT! THIS IS HARD! I QUIT! SCREW THIS. Trill, you’re right, kill him!!!

[Disclaimer]
The Preceding Post was a work of fiction. And a work of humor. And satire. And rather poor taste. KaiserVonAlmasy and his corporate <strike>slavemasters</strike> sponsors do not necessarily advocate or condone forceful taking of another human life under these, or other, circumstances. And would like to remind you to SHUT UP AND BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY!!!
[/Disclaimer]

Kaiser, will you have my children?

If i was Iraq, I’d vote Trillian’s avatar for president.

Sin: Nah, sorry, I’m sterile. But I’ll babysit every now and then, if you need.

Shin: Not necessary. A coup is underway. I’ve initiated it. Trill’s avatar will be installed as president for life within 72 hours.

Yay :smiley:

What is the point of this thread? I don’t get it.

I think we’re s’posed to argue the Iraqi’s side of the war and all that. Which didn’t happen at all, since we all just want to kill Wiz.

An admirable goal in itself. I’ll get the rusty kitchen utensils if someone else gets the tarpaulin.

The first on-topic opinion: The Iraqis should be left to govern their own country. The US and UK are only going to make them madder by their very presence. How many soldiers have died, even though hostilities have supposedly ceased?

All you have to do to be elected as the President of Iraq is to give away free Allah ò Ackbar icecream, or frozen Ackbars. I think both will do nicely.

Originally posted by Pierson
The first on-topic opinion: The Iraqis should be left to govern their own country. The US and UK are only going to make them madder by their very presence. How many soldiers have died, even though hostilities have supposedly ceased?

Well, if we did that, Saddam Hussein could come back into power, or a similiar fundamentalist group could rise, and it would be the same, possibly worse, situation all over again.

<img src=“http://www.rpgclassics.com/staff/tenchimaru/td.gif”> Yeah, they’d probably end up killing themselves, or another dictator will rise.

Originally posted by Sorcerer
Well, if we did that, Saddam Hussein could come back into power, or a similiar fundamentalist group could rise, and it would be the same, possibly worse, situation all over again.

Yeah, I kinda forgot to take that into account.:thud: There has to be an alternative to armed occupation though.

The alternative to armed occupation is either unarmed occupation, which I don’t imagine would turn out too well at all, or no occupation at all, which I already pointed out would just pave the way for new fundamentalist dictators to take the throne.

That sucks.

Originally posted by Sorcerer
which I already pointed out would just pave the way for new fundamentalist dictators to take the throne.
Yeah, but if the Iraqi people don’t believe the occupation to have legitimacy, it will never be able to prevent that anyway. At best, it might delay it a bit; at worst, it will hasten it.

Yea, that’s true, but at the moment, our troops over there are one of the few things standing in the way of another regime.