In god I trust.

If you’ve never wondered about the reality of your own future death, you’re a fucking idiot.

I thought you just said you thought about it?

There is wondering, and there is worrying.

I think there is one easy solution to any of our problems. Don’t think at all about anything ever

Does getting high help you not think?

I just choose to believe in the pacmac physics theory that if I do enough things that’ll kill me, I’ll loop around into immortality. brb I have to go add some more batteries to this smoothie.

Welp, he’s got that down to a fine art.

Hasn’t been my experience.

I’m droppin’ SCIENCE

He’s right here. Technically, LSD IS science, and one does “drop” it.

Pretty hard science, too.

ramza did you go to jail

Zerp I went to prison dawg. And I just entered the Re-Entry Furlough program today so I’m actually at prison at my parents house until I parole in March. WERP!

edit: and whats with all the talk about?

Dunno about that, but according to pacman theory when you get off the edge of the screen you reappear on the other side and you retain your pellets. And if you are too good, you glitch the system.

You have to realize this is absurd. Buddhists don’t consider reincarnation a positive thing as life is suffering. The goal absolutely isn’t to escape mortality, but to confront it. Honestly? The goal of a Buddhist is just to live a good life for the sake of living a good life. A great number of Buddhists are actually atheistic in view as well, so it doesn’t really fit your mold.

To be honest I don’t agree that most people use religion to “escape mortality” in general but I’m too fucking tired to argue that in depth right now.

To respond to GSG: Don’t go to a Church unless you actually believe in it or are curious about the religion in question. That’s extremely disingenuous of you. I realize I’m repeating what 984 said, but it bears repeating. Besides, a lot of those women just won’t put out. It’s not worth it.

Nah GSG dawg I’ve found that most devout church/temple/wuzzat-goers are complete sluts as soon as you land a hand on their vaj-een. So just go to a few holy sacrament temples and land your hand on a var-glore real quick before they can do anything about it (be a little forceful if necessary) and enjoy

I was joking with that last point, but I get the feeling you aren’t. :negative:

I wasn’t even going to do it for the women, that was going to be a side effort. I just want a group of friends at this point.

Dude I’m tellin’ you just go rape a bitch she probably deserves it

Buddhist (rebirth)

Sure the reincarnation aspect might be a negative for Buddhists, as they are reborn to life which is suffering, etc., but there remains within the system the promise of an eternal reward, of sorts, at the escape from the cycle. At any rate, having such a background would seem to alleviate (even on a large, cultural level) the same kind of a-theistic nihilism available to an apostatic Christian or Jew, by which I suppose I mean… if there is an existing natural or supernatural order per Buddhism (or X ‘religion’ in question), in which our spirits can reunify with an undifferentiated ultimate reality as the goal, if you will, there is not as much room for despair that the personalities, of God, of Jesus, etc. avowed in the Bible (i.e.) will not fit into what we know according to science and therefore overturn all the succeeding principles, ontological, historical, ethical, derived therefrom (though perhaps only in our conscience [or our unconscious]). In fact, it seems to accord with science, if only in the sense that it is a possible trope of the various primary forces of which we are aware.

Anyway, I don’t think they one can really compare them, western and eastern religions.