IMPORTANT! Considering Summoned Creatures...

I always have a paperback next to me when I play a boss battle in FFVII. I kid you not.

:enguard: Here are some starting from FF6.
6:Alexander- Judgement, Bahamut- Sun Flare, Bismark- Sea Song,
Carbunkle- Ruby Power, Crusader- Purifier, Golem- Earth Wall, Fenrir- Moon Song,
Ifrit- Inferno, Maduin- Chaos Wing, Palidor- Sonic Dive, Kirin- Life Guard,
Phantom- Fader, Phoenix- Rebirth, Ragnarok- Metamorph(the sword is much better),
Odin-Atom Edge, Raiden-True Edge, Shiva-Gem Dust, Ramuh-Bolt Fist,
Siren-Hope Song, Shoat-Demon Eye, Sraphim-Reviver, Starlet-Group Hug,
Unicorn-Heal Horn, ZoneSeek-Wall, Tritoch-Tri-Dazer, Terrato-Earth Aura,
Stray-Cat Rain.
7:Choco/Mog-Deathblow!!or Fat Chocobo, Shiva-Diamond Dust, Ifrit-Hellfire,
Ramuh-Judgement Bolt, Titan-Anger of the Land, Odin-Steel Bladed Sword,
Kjata-Tetra Disaster, Bahamut-Mega Flare, Neo Bahamut-Giga Flare,
Bahamut Zero-Terra Flare, Alexander-Judgement, Leviathan-Tidal Wave,
Phoenix-Phoenix Flame, Hades-Black Cauldron, Typoon-Disintegration,
Knights of the Round-Ultimate End.
8:Quezacotl-Thunder Storm, Shiva-Diamond Dust, Ifrit-Hell Fire, Siren-Silent Voice,
Brothers-Brotherly Love, Diablos-Dark Messenger, Carbuncle-Ruby Light,
Leviathan-Tsunami, Pandemona-Tornado Zone, Cerberus-Counter Rockets,
Alexander-Holy Judgment, Doomtrain-Runaway Train, Bahamut-Mega Flare,
Cactaur-1,000 Needles, Tonberry-Chef’s Knife, Eden-Eternal Breath.
I’ll post another one with the rest later.:enguard:

Whee, a new necroposting record! Two and a half YEARS!

That’s three and a half.:hahaha;

Yeah, well… YOUR MOM!

I wouldn’t worry about the details. It’s like worrying over whether I shot that prostitute 50 more times than I needed to, or just 10. Either way.

That’s pretty impressive, considering these boards are just over five and a half years old.

Wow that certainly is a necro-post. How did they manage find such an old thread, oh well. No harm done I guess.

And maybe while we’re here we can take advantage of the resurrection of this old thread to talk about something on this forum again like (in keeping with the old theme of this thread) FF Summonables.

I heard that FF XII came out recently.

Aren’t three years the necroposting norm?

:moogle: Beats me, I’m new here. I was looking at some of the members, just wanted to see if I knew anyone(which I don’t), and I came across this discussion. Sorry, I just had to post.

FFXII came out around the same time as the Legend of Zelda:twilight princess. As for their summons, there is one for each zodiac sign, they even have Chaos as a summon! Chaos is the Esper of wind and represents Taurus. He has 4 swords said to represent the four fiends - Tiamat, Kraken, Lich, and Malarith.

I was about to welcome Eva back; but then I noticed the post’s date, and my smile Evaporated immediately.

Killmore, good idea – I would like to jump in, but my knowledge of FF XII espers is limited. I’ve been playing the game for almost a year, on and off, and by the time I get a new summon – most of my previous acquisitions (and their elements) are forgotten. Mind you, I barely even used them up till now, but this thread is kind of inspirational.
Ok Hashmal lets go kick some butt!

Hashmal has an attack called Roxxor. Instant win.

No kidding? Do you know if that’s a faithful translation or a Woolseyism?

No idea, when I saw him use it, I just thought it was funny. To paraphrase Tidus, funny, and a little sad.

:enguard:I’ve beaten the game and done all the side quests, so if there is anything you need to know.

I didn’t use any summons in FF12, except the one you were forced to use. I’ve never liked the role of summons in the series, except when used by the Summoner class (Rydia, FFXI’s usage, etc.). I feel that generic attacks or moves take away from the uniqueness of each character. Isn’t this nice to know?

:enguard:I only really use summons when they’re convenient. In 7, I only used summons to beat the weapons, after Emerald I just used the master summon cause it doesn’t take up HP, plus I’m level 99. In 8, you had to have summons or you could only attack. What’s great about summons in 8 is that no summon is completely useless cause they level up with you, even though leveling up is bad in 8. Summons in 9 are good cause summoning is a job class. Same for 10 but instead, you can control the summons, instead of them just coming and going. The stats for some of the summons in 10 are off thought, I mean come on, electricity and Horses are fast, but when you put them together, you get one slow Ixion. I don’t like how they have it in 12, it’s good how you can fight with them, but if ether of you die, the summon goes away. Summons can be useless in 12 so that’s not good either.:moogle:

I stopped liking summons by 7 namely due to the fact that it takes for frickin’ ever just to use one, and I don’t want every last stinkin’ battle to take at least 10 min to complete. (especially when you start throwing timed ones into the mix as well)