I'ma Cyyyyyybooooorg...

Just found out that there really exists cyborgs in the world. :o

http://news.com.com/2008-1082_3-5067011.html

Hmmmm… cool.

@_@ :fungah:

There IS a god!

Weird… But interesting.

And he just had to be Canadian.

That scares me. I’d like to know this guy’s motives for wanting to be a cyborg. I find it hard to believe that life as a plain old human can be that boring for him.

There is a British cyborg too, he has a microchip in his arm and his pc turns itself on as he approaches.

And the motive for becoming a cyborg is simple: To be better than everyone else. Old and simple evolution.

I always thought that if you even had prosthetics, you counted as a cyborg …

I need to hook up with this guy.

starts boogying he’s a chipbumbumdadaBUMBUMHOUSE…bum bum bum

That’s pretty cool.

Originally posted by Yar Kramer
I always thought that if you even had prosthetics, you counted as a cyborg …

I believe cyborg is a contraction for cybernetic organism. If so, they wouldn’t be called cyborgs, unless the limbs were computer controlled. Maybe then you’ve got some that are and some that aren’t, but I think mostly prosthetic limbs are solely mechanical. Correct me if I’m wrong.

A lot of people don’t know this, but the technical meaning of “Cyborg” is…well, its “Cybernetic Organism” shortened.

Being a cyborg would be cool, I think. Just give me a few augs and I’ll be all ready to go.

thanks for letting us know that GG, because it wasn’t in my post, the one immediately preceding yours.

There have been cyborgs for years now, they’re just in universities etc.

Coolies ^^

and Kero, why the hell would you be afriad? O.o;

Motivations? Why, he wants to concour the world!

Christ man, you’re starting to make me imagen bad sci-fi books/films.

And that sounds pretty cool… but even for all it’s advantages, I would never want to part with the parts that I was given. Though, I’m not some horrable puritian who’s gonna go kill cyborgs :stuck_out_tongue: Let them do what they want ^^

:kissy:

Thats really kind of nifty, I wonder if those glasses do night vision as well :stuck_out_tongue:

Originally posted by demigod
thanks for letting us know that GG, because it wasn’t in my post, the one immediately preceding yours.

DOH! Sorry, I must have missed it. :too bad;

He uses those things just to augment his capacities, but serious research on this field is being used to give disabled people the ability to lead a normal life with more independence.

I remember some doctors in Caltech connected the brain of a monkey to a computer, and then connected the computer to a robotic arm. They mapped themonkey’s brain and with time, she learnt how to move the robotic arm with her thoughts. Now they thinking of connecting a human’s brain to an electric weelchair so that the patient may move the chair around with thoughts too.

Success in these researches mean that it’ll be possible for someone with prothestics to control these parts as he/she would control a natural limb.

Heh! We live in interesting times…