I'm trying to join another computer.

I have 2 computers in my house, and I’m trying to connect the two somehow so both computers can play a single Baldur’s Gate or Icewind Dale session together.

I tried downloading Hamachi, some LAN-over-internet software, but it doesn’t seem to want to have two computers of the same router online at any given time. I looked up a guide to do ITP/IP (I think it was) connections, and followed it.

I typed in the DNS address into one of the games of the other computer, so I would join them; and my game client freezes.

Is there any type of cable or something I can buy? It’s going to be a hassle having a cable, considering both computers are on opposite ends of the house, not mentioning on different floors.

Jesus christ. I’m not even going to bother.

Haha, Lan to Internet to Lan, it’s like the program that calculates the value of pi by using a circle made out of letters. The bigger the circle, the more accurate your value of pi! This is a genius level of inefficiency! Bravo!

Yeah, a null-modem cable. Should be about $14 at your local circa-1994 RadioShack.

rofl

I pity you and envy you at the same time.