I'm sorry

For starters, you don’t mix beer with anything. Beer is a malt beverage packaged to be sipped by itself.

I can’t stand beer, I think it tastes horrible. And it’s terrible to get drunk off of - for the most part, any 12 oz bottle of beer is gonna be 5 proof, which is a complete waste of time if you’re just looking to get hammered.

If I drink beer, it’s Heineken or Guiness. My mixed drink of choice is either a Siberian Sleighride for inside nights or Daquiri’s for the beach or, what I think is called, a Strawberry Sunset.

Beer is good for nights where you just want to lean back, relax, and sip something slowly. On a hot night, a cooler full of beer can do wonders. Heineken is probably my favourite, although Moosehead and Keith’s seem to be the drink of choice with my friends. If you’re a poorer man, Red Cap and Lucky Lager both sell for a buck a beer in Canada.:toast:

Irish Cream, Vodka Coolers and other tasty alcoholic drinks can be very deadly. People have a tendency to “not taste the alcohol” and drink far too much. My brother once drank so much vodka cooler that he threw up blood. That wasn’t good for business.

Not necessarily out here where I live people do mix beer with other things. One of the most common things they mix it with is tomato juice which they call tomato beer (tastes like shit) my brothers friends make mixed drinks with beer such as beer with sour apple pucker. So you see you can mix stuff with beer or if your like a normal beer drinker you drink it plain.

Yea, green apple. Smirnoff Twisted.

Well, I didn’t mean to make it sound like if you mixed anything with beer it would kill you - but I can’t imagine it tasting very good.

And Smirnoff Twisted isn’t “beer”, it’s just an alcoholic malt. Those are really the only kind of malt beverages that I like at all - Smirnoff Ice, and those are fucking great.

Never said Smirnoff was beer. It’s too damned good to be beer. :smiley:

Problem with america is this:
Were too up tight about alcohol to the point of insanity.
We cant change the legal drinking age because the immediate effects would be earth shattering.
Countries like Italy have it great, from what I’ve been told there is no legal age, (maybe there is, 16 or so?) and guess what, they dont have a problem with it becaues people arent retarded alcoholics over there.

America was raised by puritists and so therefore we’ll never be the “perfect” country. We can get drafted off to kill other people with guns that may scare the living hell out of us, yet we can’t legally enjoy a tastey Chardonnay at a sit down restraunt. We froun upon the human body as if its a sexual object as soon as a little skin is shown, where as most of Europe freely uses the nude form with no childish giggles and whistles.

I say horse ass to that, America.
Theres alot of good about being in a powerful country like ours, but there are alot of issues that we have that are just stupid in comparison to other countries.

But obviously nothing will come of it. Unless of course the people who are “puritists” and old fashioned eventually die off and some new people get into the offices… That wont happen though, the House of Representatives will never die… they are like clones of the dead beats who shacked up in those ugly robes for the past 200 years.
Give em hell youth of america, we need yer support!

—back to the alcohol—
My saying is this, I’m still 20, not legal yet, and I drink my share. However, if your going to do it, no matter what age, dont be an idiot and drink irresponsibly. Theres nothing worse than a drunken 14 year old flopping around on his lawn talking to the grass. Funny as it may be at the time, you look like an idiot to those who know better.

Drinking is HELLA fun with your friends but it wont solve any problems (other than a pain killer, which I hear wiskey is pretty good for…)

Yet for some reason, I dont know why I said this, because someone’s probably going to do the whole “Hey man, why you gotta get all mature and shit on us?!”

and I say poop-doobie-doop to that.

final note
Real alcohol beats Beer any day…
Give me a Midouri Sour and put that nasty beer ass in the trash.

“Problem with america is this:
Were too up tight about alcohol to the point of insanity.”

There are more deaths and disabilities each year in the U.S. from substance abuse than from any other cause. 1

About 18 million Americans have alcohol problems; about 5 to 6 million Americans have other drug problems. 2

More than half of all adults have a family history of alcoholism or problem drinking. 3

More than nine million children live with a parent dependent on alcohol and/or illicit drugs. 3

One-quarter of all emergency room admissions, one-third of all suicides, and more than half of all homicides and incidents of domestic violence are alcohol-related. 4

Heavy drinking contributes to illness in each of the top three causes of death: heart disease, cancer and stroke. 3

Almost half of all traffic fatalities are alcohol-related. 5

Between 48% and 64% of people who die in fires have blood alcohol levels indicating intoxication. 1

Fetal alcohol syndrome is the leading known cause of mental retardation. 6

The Costs

Alcohol and drug abuse costs the American economy an estimated $276 billion per year in lost productivity, health care expenditures, crime, motor vehicle crashes, and other conditions. 7

Untreated addiction is more expensive than heart disease, diabetes, and cancer combined. 7

Every American adult pays nearly $1,000 per year for the damages of addiction. 8

What fantasy world are you living in?

While I can understand where you’re coming from, America is definately not “too uptight” about alcohol. It is the single most damaging thing in the entire fucking world.

1 “Substance Abuse: The Nation’s Number One Health Problem,” Institute for Health Policy, Brandeis University, 1993.

2 “Substance Abuse: The Nation’s Number One Health Problem,” Institute for Health Policy, Brandeis University, 2001.

3 Position Paper on Drug Policy, Physician Leadership on National Drug Policy, Brown University Center for Alcohol & Addiction Studies, 2000.

4 “Sobering Facts on the Dangers of Alcohol,” NY Newsday, April 24, 2002.

5 National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, Annual Report, 1992.

6 E. Abel, “Incidence of Fetal Alcohol Syndrome and Economic Impact of FAS-Related Anomalies,” Drug and Alcohol Dependence, 1987.

7 “Substance Abuse: The Nation’s Number One Health Problem,” Institute for Health Policy, Brandeis University, 2001.

8 The National Drug Control Strategy, The White House, 1997.

“We froun upon the human body as if its a sexual object as soon as a little skin is shown, where as most of Europe freely uses the nude form with no childish giggles and whistles.”

Once again, this is just plain complete lunacy on your part. America more than any other society glorifies and objectifies the human body beyond belief. Turn on your television for a while, take a stroll to a newstand, go to a high school or college party.

Just because Americans frown on these things amoungst eachother in the public arena, doesn’t mean they aren’t fair game as long as no one is watching. America is like a 14 year old who is afraid of anyone thinking that he/she masturbates.

My personal feeling on alchohol and other drugs is that I do not need to alter my consciousness through injecting chemicals because I love my normal consciousness. I think many other people would feel this way if they asked themselves the same questions I ask myself about what’s really important and so on.

Beer tastes like piss. I like wine.

Silhouette2:

All I was saying is that because of how restrictive we were in the begining, it has made us what we are. If there wasnt such an over-barring frown on drinking in America then there wouldnt have been as many problems as you have listed. My proof is in every other country that adopts the same philosophy.

What I mean to say is, we cant change it because no one could handle that responsibility because as a mass, our culture isnt responsible.

And yeah, America DOES substance abuse way too much, kinda reminds me of a bunch of angsty teens who arent happy with themselves and need to “get high” or “plastered” to feel better. That makes me sick.

All of these problems could be attributed to the taboo placed on Alcohol, where as in the rest of the world Alcohol is not the restricted substance that it is here, and there are far less of these types of problems.

HOW DARE ANY OF YOU INSULT BEER!!! IT IS AN AMERICAN TRADITION! Think of a world without Pabst Blue Ribbon or Blatz! How can you all insult an American tradition! PBR me ASAP!

PBR you?

Beer sucks. It tastes horrible and is far from the best way to get drunk. If you’re looking to get hammered just get some Parrot Bay.

I can barely stand how beer smells, let alone it’s taste. Urg, such a nasty after-taste.

Ok, american past times can include lots of things, to say that BEER is great because it’s an american tradition is stupid. I hate baseball, I dont care if its an american tradition, If I want to pull myself away from a nice violent game, I want to see fighting, hurray for boxing or hockey, cause at least someone gets beat up.

Case and point goes to Sorcerer. Beer is by far one of the worst investments, money wise, to get buzzed. There are better tasting alcohols that you dont need to build a “tolerance” for and still get a buzz. If its because it’s the “manly” thing to drink then that sounds more like stubborn shovanistic thing to say as apposed to accepting that most people only drink it because of the image.

Malt beverages are nearly the same alcohol content and taste better.

If you really like beers that go down smooth (as smooth as that bitter ass shit can) and doesnt really kill that many brain cells as fast more than somthing with a pleasurable taste to it then I salute you, cause that takes guts to do.

Otherwise, give yummy alcohol a shot, you may enjoy it more and realize what you are missing out on.

For the most part, alcohol just takes time to get used too. Eventually you don’t feel the burn that comes with vodka and you’ll be able to distinguish between good vodka and bad vodka.

If your looking for the best way to get drunk, buy everclear, 190 proof and like 10 bucks a bottle.

But if your drinking purely for the reason to get drunk, then you probly shoudln’t be drinking.

Oh Shmirnof ice and all those candy malt beverages are for girls, and any guy who drinks it in public is, well, lame. I mean, you mine as well be drinking a Peach wine cooler or a sex on the beach.

I didn’t know that a drink could be classified with a gender. If it tastes good, I’ll drink it. And I see guys drinking them all the time, and nobody really says anything about it.

Beside, there is a regular Smirnoff Ice malt beverage. It doesn’t taste bad at all.

Meh, i mostly made that post to offend, its just here we call Smirnoff “panty remover” since thats what some guys get girls to drink since it tastes so good, and they’ll drink a lot of it. Then they take them to their dorm and commit “date rape”.

Thats why i don’t like Smirnoff that much

I can kinda see where you’re coming from. Despite the stricter rules on alcohol in this country, we still have a higher percentage of alcoholics. I don’t think loosening the rules will help, though. I think it’s almost directly related to our national education.

When I was 16, I never thought I’d drink in my life. Hell, when I was 20, I never thought I’d drink in my life. I was totally against alcohol, because I was raised in a family of alcoholoics, so I always related alcohol to bad things. However, some friends (good friends) convinced me that one can socially drink without the sole purpose of drinking. Since then, I think I’ve been drunk twice. And, you know, it wasn’t that bad. I know it’ll fuck with me physically, which is why I’d never drink anything more than once every couple of months.

When I do drink, I can only drink straight scotch whiskey. Can’t drink anything else, just tastes like ass to me.