I'm so hating myself right now...

While his situation is bad, that’s a relief because its not as bad as any of the ideas I threw around in the PM I sent you.

What I find funny in all this is that you really sound like you’re out of an RPG, when you have this guy that doesn’t realize that this girl really likes / loves him and vice versa and it creates some kind of weird tension that would just be relieved if people were honest with each other.

I’ll keep both of you in my thoughts. I hope things continue to look up for you.

Well, that’s a relief…and I’ll continue hoping for him to recover.

Whoa, that was a lot to digest at once. Look what happens when I leave for a week…

Vicki, my thoughts and prayers go out to you, your boyfriend, and his family. God bless you all in your road to recovery.

Wow. Uh… wow. I really don’t know what to say, here. I’m glad that you’ve got in contact with him, at least, and that he’s not in a coma. All I can say is that you must really care about this guy to go to the lengths that you did just to see him. I’m crossing my fingers, toes, and kidneys for you.

I hope it works out, Vick. Good luck coping.

Yeah, I do have a little bit of a soft spot for this one… :smiley:

He’s been moved closer to his home (but not by much) to a rehabilitation hospital - it’s part of the hospital where he first stayed. There’s still no diagnosis, it’s just crazy. Several possibilities have been ruled out, though, so maybe we’re on our way to figuring this out. I guess they figured that it wasn’t doing any good just to have him sitting around in a hospital room all day when time could be spent working on what he’s able to do and toward what he may or may not be able to do in the future. I’ve been spending a fair amount of time with him during visiting hours; they’re a little stricter about visiting time since the patients get early starts with their therapies, but I haven’t been kicked out just yet. :slight_smile:

Thanks so much for the well-wishes, they are sincerely appreciated from the bottom of my heart. It means so much to me that you guys feel this way.

We actually don’t really care. We’re all a bunch of passive aggressive maladjusted nerds and we want you to like us and come back to us and hopefully appreciate how we were there for you and lose our virginity. At the same time, we curse him and really don’t want him to get better because he is the unfortunately undying focus of your attention.

For all you’ve been through, and you still wanting to be close to this guy, he must be the happiest man in the world. I’ll pray for his recovery.

You know what would cheer you up and make him better? Coming down south for The Varsity.

(Come on. I had to do that.)

Think again :o Maybe Sin, it is you who does not care. Truthfully I do not care for this random man, however I care for the happiness of Vicki, even though I don’t know her- she was brave enough to ask for the hopes and well-wishes from an e-group of heterosexual maladjusted nerds doomed to a life of hentai, and so I gave them honestly and without expectation of response; a rare moment of altruism.

Or maybe I am just being overly cheerful tonight- unwilling to realize the sour truth. You Sin, seem to be overly realistic at the moment.

:kissy:

It’s not even realism, since there’s no evidence that the vast majority of us would malignantly wish doom upon another person due to some vague sexual desire over a genuine desire for some anonymous person important to a second, less anonymous contact of ours to get better - it’s cynicism in its purest form. So, I’m sorry that you’re having a bad day, but try not to project that onto other people, especially in this thread :confused:

Clearly we have been had, Cless. Let us go hang our heads in shame.

:kissy:

I sympathize.:toast:

:bowser: May your fortunes reverse, says the Half-Japanese game fanatic.

:thud:

Also :thud: is denoted as “rolleyes (sarcastic)” :[