I'm pretty sick of sexism...

…towards men and woman alike.

But everyone talks about sexism towards woman- so I’m going to talk about sexism towards males.

Apparently (according to some people) it is okay for someone to call me a sex-starved, power hungry, stupid womanizer simply because I have a penis, but somehow if I say something putting down one particular woman (“she isn’t the brightest bulb…” or something like that) I get a tirade of how I’m obviously a horrible sexist bastard.

It’s okay to judge me because of my sex, but judging YOU on your MERITS makes ME sexist?

Sexism goes both ways, and it’s about time people realized that.

Humanity is only judged by it’s least intelligent member.

I actually have to agree with you. Same deal with racism between blacks and whites; I’ve seen blacks insult whites and get away with it unharmed… etc etc, you get the idea.

Both ordeals are pretty much remnants from the early to mid 20th century, where this matter was a huge controversy.

Yeah, I’ve seen a lot of stuff like that at my school.
I’ll explain later when I get back from work >.<

Steve is the sexiest!

There are two sides to most things, but humans don’t have x-ray vision.

I agree. It’s silly the amount that goes on in the teenage society too. That’s usually where I witness it. And what someone else mentioned above, the racism towards whites-one good example.

I think the whole racism towards guys when provoked by angry females is disgusting and rather comical. I enjoy watching people get two faced, so I can call them a hypocrite. I hate it when the majority, or the most spotlighted of these cases (women being sexist, blacks getting childish over whites, gays being critical of christians who stand up for their beliefs, etc) are somehow always right too.

Originally posted by Nulani

That is a great quote Nul!

Originally posted by Nulani
I do have X-Ray eyes, too bad you’re wearing lead underwear >:\

With X-rays shooting from your eyes you only see girls’ hip bones and you give them cancer due to the radiation.

Now, serious, it’s all because of culture of societies throughout history, and I don’t see people doing anything to reduce it. Instead, people are still making sex-based jokes and writting books like those that say girls and boys should be separated in many ways. I once read part of a book that stated girls should start at a higher grade than boys at school >_<

Apparently (according to some people) it is okay for someone to call me a sex-starved, power hungry, stupid womanizer simply because I have a penis
WHAT!?!?! YOU HAVE A PENIS!?!?! YOU SEX STARVED POWER HUNGRY STUPID WOMANIZER! I’LL KILL YOU!!!

I actually don’t see very much real life sexism. The only stuff I still see is the way different sexes are portrayed on TV, and that’s practically non-existant now.

This doesn’t really have anything to do with sexism, but one of my pet peeves is Male vs. Female competitions. Whichever side wins always gets this huge ego inflating superiority complex, and it pisses me off. The winning side either insults the other side, which is bad, or takes pity on them, which is even worse, just because there’s a higher ratio of people on their team who happen to be better at completing the objective. But that’s not the bad part. The bad part is they attribute it to gender and suggest that one sex is inferior to the other.

Feminists piss me off too, because they are corrupt. Feminism is supposed to be a belief in equality of the sexes, but 99% of feminists preach female superiority. I can’t stand them ><

I once read part of a book that stated girls should start at a higher grade than boys at school >_<
A few years ago I’d agree with that, but lately I’ve been exposed to many girls who just exude aural stupidity.

PEP RALLIES!!!

A great Man was once asked “what gender is smarter? Male or Female?”
And he replied “What man and what woman?”

His name was Kensei Miyamoto! His story begins in the city of Yedo! That’s what they used to call Tokyo nearly two centuries ago. Anyways, long story short, your mother’s a whore.

Yeah, Miyamoto Musashi ruled. I still gotta read his book.

Well, it’s true I hate to see such hypocritical sexism too. I consider myself to be a pretty sensitive and openminded guy, but I often get such similar reactions because of how I look and talk. It’s true I’m a big guy from the bay areas in Newfoundland, but that doesn’t mean I’m small-minded and sexist >_>

However, they justify these things due to the endless oppression of women in our history. It’s something that really has only come undone recently, and there ARE still places where women are treated unequally (even in our culture). Women still aren’t really equal, despite what laws say, and how it seems, sexism still exists in many places, it’s hard to get rid of. For such bitter women who make such remarks about all men, it’s likely that just about every man they ever met HAS been so sexist to them, so it’s not totally ungrounded. Not saying there aren’t women out there who do it just because they can get away with it, but still it’s not like we live in a time where male superiority has been totally wiped out. The same can be said for blacks making fun of whites, racism still exists in many places and many black people have had bad experiences with white people.

Though I do get a kick out of those black comics who make fun of the way we drive, I mean face it, we’re dorks :slight_smile:

Originally posted by Charlemagne
Steve is the sexiest!

Well, that’s about all I should say.

It’s unfortunate how people are still sexist and racist these days… I guess it’s still going to be awhile before it doesn’t matter at all what sex or what race you are… or if you’re heterosexual or homosexual…

Indeed but we’re only human. Most of us aren’t capable of being totally prejudice and stereo typical free even if we wanted to.

Yeah, you’re right… but I can still dream…