I'M GOING TO SPEND A SEMESTER IN DUBLIN IRELAND!!!

Didnt need to be in caps, but most of the other threads here were, so when in Rome…
So yeah, I’m going to Dublin for a semester. I’m totally stoked. I’ve never been out side of WI, IL or MN so this is huge. Like it hasn’t even sunk in yet.

I’m going for journalism, and… yeah. Crazy.

So for anyone who is from there, or has been there, what should I expect?

Dublin’s okay. It’s probably the most cosmopolitan area in Ireland, which has both up and downsides. The upside is that it’s pretty much anyone is going to get the same welcome there. The downside is that it’s not really that much of a welcome. People aren’t as friendly as they are in many other places. Also it’s quite windy.

Apart from that, the nightlife is good, the people are okay and the university is pretty cool. Depending on which one you’re attending. Student buildings range from shocking to quite nice, as is the norm. I don’t know much about the lecture style up there, it’s probably changed since my brother’s went there, but it’s kind of informal where I’m going anyway.

Hopefully you’ll enjoy it!

Hopefully I do too. I’m going to Dublin City University.

Congratulations. It’s always good to do some travelling.

The rpgc brigade in Ireland will double. I think serious funds are coming your way, Cavel, what with these 100% recruit rates and all.

Maybe now you will suddenly understand cryptic James Joyce passages

I hear that, in Dublin, the ladies have they that a dog meansort herring.

wat

Arac’s just anxious to pleace averyburies and jully glad when Christmas comes his once ayear.

Ni neart go cur le cheile.

Is folamh fuar e teach gan bean.

Potato famine.

Guiness motherfucker
Lucky Charms
Blarney stone

Fuck.

Kudos to you. When are you going exactly?

January 24th.

I need to visit Ireland someday, I’ve got too much family not to.

Have fun drinking beer that doesn’t taste like piss.

Enjoy spending 10 dollars on a beer

I’M GOING TO SPEND A SEMESTER IN YOUR MOM!!! OHHHHH!!!

I commend your endurance sir.

Charlemagne’s tombstone will have to read something like “Died by oxygen deprivation during unbirthing.” and people will stare at it whenever they pass by.