I'm a Marvel, And I'm a DC: The Musical!

…Can’t… comment… choking… WITH LAUGHTER!!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IyPh8aIdR-4&NR=1

:hahaha;:hahaha;:hahaha;:hahaha;:hahaha;:hahaha;

I love these guys.

OK, now that I’m recovered (seriously, I laughed several minutes straight after watching this) I can comment on it.

First of all, congratulations to JustSomeRandomGuy (and his partner, JustSomeRandomGal) for reaching their hundredth episode- it’s not only amazing that they’ve produced so many videos on their own but that they’re still so good. Even the non-humorous ones (yes, there are some semi-serious adventures as well) are of excellent quality- better even than most of the stuff Marvel and DC are posting in their comics these days (which is kinda sad actually .) ;(

If you don’t know all the facts about the two companies’ movie history you may not get all the humor. But still, it’s amazing- the guy wrote a whole MUSICAL NUMBER worthy of Broadway and he performed it just using [STRIKE]dolls[/STRIKE] action figures AND IT WORKED! One of the good things about Youtube is that it allows people without contacts or resources to get the exposure they deserve. People like him (and The Guy With The Glasses staff) should have their own TV shows. Imagine what they could do if they had a real budget!

It was catchy. It was good. It was not worthy of Broadway. Maybe Off Off Broadway. Very little vocal range. I mean, just compare it to songs (albeit some Off Broadway) like Music of the Night, Mr. Mistoffelees, Maria, I’m Checking In, Wig in a Box, Suddenly Seymour, or Superstar. It can’t even compete with Rock Me Sexy Jesus (not that much can). Something about it just wouldn’t translate. Musical songs just have this certain quality that goes beyond just singing about a concept.

One of the good things about Youtube is that it allows people without contacts or resources to get the exposure they deserve. People like him (and The Guy With The Glasses staff) should have their own TV shows. Imagine what they could do if they had a real budget!

Part of the appeal of Youtube videos is their amateur quality. It adds to the charm. Besides, what real budget does That Guy With the Glasses need? A better white wall? It would lose some of that down to Earth charm if it had a bigger budget. Also, no one really wants a 22 minute show that’s all about reviewing bad comic book issues, bad 80s movies, bad 80s video games, etc. The demographics aren’t enough to justify putting it on air with real advertisers.

But you’re not going to read this. So I’m going to end by saying that you’re ugly and your mother dresses you funny.

Besides, all those action figures use images that are copyrighted.

Marvel vs DC in today’s poll:

http://www.gamefaqs.com/poll/index.html?poll=3985

The only reason we haven’t had a Marvel vs DC fighting game yet (which would make LOADS of money) is because of the persons currently governing each company are too stubborn to help the other make a profit, even if they made a profit themselves! The ones in charge back when they did the Marvel/DC comic crossovers in the 90’s should’ve jumped at the chance.