If YOU Won '04

Rule with a fist of velvet in an iron glove.

Originally posted by zeppelin
[b]Remove troops from foreign stations: Iraq, Afghanistan, Haiti, South Korea.

Consolidate forces.

Prepare for battle with the real enemy: Canada. [/b]
It’s Me VS You, Zepp. And since Samurai can kill Tanks and Ninjas can kill any number of men, I win.

Canada has a Samuari Ninja army?

Why the hell is Canada not the ruler of the world? :open_mouth:

Resign. 'cause unlike some people, I’m smart enough to know that I’d suck at leading a country.

And on that note…

Originally posted by Sephiroth Katana
5. Improve American intelligence

There’s a challenge. ducks

I’m proof that it can be done, Macc. Mwah! :kissy:

Originally posted by Darkil
Cry

Lol.

Anyway, I would hire assassins to kill people I don’t like, remove troops from foreign places (like zepplin said), and then fund cloning stuff and then get myself cloned, and then my clone will do all the work and I’ll go on vacation or something.

Originally posted by Devillion
Watch movies in the presidential movie theatre.

Yeah, I’d probably do that before I left.

Originally posted by Valkyrie Esker

And on a small note: I don’t think ANYONE here qualifies. I mean, Drgon Ninja and Wilfredo Martinez are old enough, but they live in Canada and PuertoRico, respectively. And I think thety’re the onyl ones over 35 here.

Actually, Val, since we puertorricans have FULL American citizenship from birth, we MIGHT qualify to the Presidency. There’s also the nebulous definition of PR’s relationship to the US, with people on both sides claiming that we are (and are not) part of the US.

It would be fun to see a local politician someday claim the chance to apply. :mwahaha:

As for WHAT I would do if I were president… SK said most of my ideas for me. (Tho’ Kaiser had a few good ones too.) So I’ll just applaud their intelligent, well-made posts. claps :victoly:

Turn America to a imperialist/communist country and rename it the C.S.A. the Communist States of America.:mwahaha: :mwahaha: :mwahaha:

We already are imperialists.

I wouldn’t want to be president of any place that would elect me.

Seriously, though, I would legalize gay marriage, repeal most of the Bush tax cuts, take steps toward demilitarising most foreign countries, and work far more closely with the UN.

Originally posted by Cybercompost
We already are imperialists.

Yeah I know, but I would make it offical I wouldn’t hide behind “Democracy”.

Since I haven’t given my input yet, I thought I would. First though I’d like to comment on how many “real” (as in serious) answers there were. Very nice!

What I Would Do:

1. Pull US troops from foreign countries.
  2. Set the US military as self-defense or international aid to be used at the suggestion of the UN.
  3. Cut back the size of the military by cutting back funds. (Not cutting back technology, however.)
  4. Tax the rich and use that money for homeless shelters and feeding the hungry.
  5. Lessen the taxes on the poor and lower-middle class.
  6. Fund technological development, esp. in AI and hydrogen fuel cells.
  7. Get rid of the “No Child Left Behind” act. Replace it with basic learning methods and more sensible systems.
  8. Abolish the Patriot Act.
  9. Promote people to take action against illegal spam by buying stuff (only from illegal spam), then using the contact information to sue the company/spammer.
  10. Allow freedom of speech. (You can say nothing that will get you arrested. Threats are cause for suspician and caution, not action.)
  11. Abolish the death penalty except in most extreme cases. (Where the criminal has proven dangerous in any enviorment and/or killed too many people to risk letting live.)
  12. Allow religous practices in public places, but do NOT support any one (or group of) religion(s). (Seperation of church and state means, in my words, “the government will not punish or support any religous group.”)
  13. Abolish laws that don’t “make sense”, or at least ask the juries and judges to use more common sense in interpriting the laws. (Laws should be guidelines to follow; far less strict than they are now. EX: a robber breaks their leg on your staircase and tries to sue you. The robber should NOT win the case. Also, stachatory rape needs to be modified to make sense.)
  14. Cops and politicians should become public servents, not dictators who do as they wish. The abuse of power should be punished. (EX: cops should pull over other cops for speeding as they do with other people.)
  15. Illegalize cigarettes. (I know this will get a negitive reaction, but they cause cancer, both in people who smoke, and those around them. If we want to stop cancer, we need to stop sources of it as well.)
  16. Better fund and support schools/colleges.
  17. Better fund and support the development of medical science.
  18. Make the postion of the president no longer a dictator position.
  19. Kill a few people on my “hit-list”. (I just want this one last abuse of power.)

I’ll add more as I think of it. Most of the things we have all posted a US president is not supposted to have control over. Also, the order I posted is just the order I thought of, not priority or order of execution.

Anyway, these are my veiws.

Damn the only ideal country so far is SK’s. Yeah sorry kids, Id only elect him.

I’d make the USA a confederation and introduce social-liberalism.

Among other things said, I’d turn every one of the country’s golf courses into parks and/or build housing for the homeless on them. I’ll leave the mini-golf courses, though, beacause mini-golf ROCKS.

Let the rich white guys discuss that big merger or whatever while trying to get past the Windmill of Doom. :mwahaha:

I would propose laws to limit presidential powers to give back the powers to where the belong. i.e. congress.

if I’d be president of the US of Gay…

1 I’d turn it into the 2nd Netherlands…
for example… our drugs policy

2 I’d turn the world into the Netherlands…