If you see a spider like this... run ;)

EDIT: Every last one of those links just went down… hopefully the site’ll be back up soon.

A brown recluse. And some of those later pictures (the last two) are EXTREMELY disgusting, so keep that in mind before youi click on them :wink:

The Culpret:

Day 3

Day 4

Day 5

Day 6

Day 9

Day 10

Thanks to someone named “Locutus” who posted this at another forum.

holy shit, that dude’ll have some serious permanent damage o_o. How fucking stupid do you have to be not to get medical attention -_-;

I think they’re big problems in Eastern Australia…but since Rudora and Otakon are the only aussies here and I have wished many a pox upon them both, all I can say is, Bah!

screams and passes out upon sight of the last couple pics

…that is easily the most grotesque thing i’ve seen today.

If its radioactive… It’s biting my ass!

Spiderass…Spiderass…Does any asses a spider can…

…OK, that’s just not catchy. Can’t you get it to bite your genitals instead? Then you would be Spiderwang! And all the ladies would want you to impregnate them so they could have superhero childeren.

Cool.

Seen it already.

Oh, and if you don’t get a brown recluse bite treated within a day, that WILL happen. Only it can end up about 10 times larger.

That isn’t that bad. shrugs

(I mean- that isn’t that bad of a PIC- I wouldn’t be stupid enough to not treat a bite like that)

Could someone explain what actually happens inside that guy’s hand after the bite? I assume some poison does nasty stuff and all, but what exactly?

Brown recluses are native to Oregon too, as are hobo spiders. Who wants to come up for a visit NOW? ^^

Originally posted by Mabatsekker
Could someone explain what actually happens inside that guy’s hand after the bite? I assume some poison does nasty stuff and all, but what exactly?
Poison causes the area to swell up. After it can’t swell any further, the poison leaks and eats away at the skin.

…if you’re ever gonna write me, back, MAKE SURE the envelope doesn’t have any of THOSE attached on it. shiver

I’m never going to Australlia, ouch.

Originally posted by Faetan
Brown recluses are native to Oregon too, as are hobo spiders. Who wants to come up for a visit NOW? ^^

raises his hand

likes spiders, even the poisonous kind

^^;

You have 69 posts!

This guy deserves an honorable mention from Darwin Awards.

Don’t you have to die to be in the Darwin Awards or are the honorable mentions the people who are stupid but didn’t die?

Originally posted by Mabatsekker

It literally ate his hand up. Spiders use their poison not only to immobilize and kill their prey but also to help digesting them (help - it doesn’t do the whole thing). The guy’s hand had swolen because it got infected with microbes (open wound, no proper cleaning…).

Originally posted by Gamer5389
Don’t you have to die to be in the Darwin Awards or are the honorable mentions the people who are stupid but didn’t die?

The award goes to those who are ultra-stupid and won’t have their genes spreading on Earth anymore. Most times this happens via death + having had no children, but I remember seeing at least 3 awards that came by castration and one related to an old woman who killed her son in an accident (she started the car in reverse thinking it was on first gear. Her son was behind the car. Behind him there was a wall. Figure.).

Any particular area of Oregon, Fae?

I only recall seeing Black Widows from where I am from.

Guh. I’m not looking at this again. Thank you for making my arachnophobia WORSE.