If I Could Make The Next GH

I was bored a few hours ago, and I was thinking about how GH3 has a lot of really good songs on it, but also how it’s marred by worthless shit like Pat Benatar, The Dead Kennedys, and Heart. So I had the unoriginal idea of making a list of songs I’d include on GH, if I made it. There are better songs I could’ve chosen than these, this is just off the top of my head, mostly. I tried to do it without using any of the same bands twice, but I failed… twice. This is only a rough draft, but it’s still a pretty fearsome list imo, especially closer to the bottom. Check it out :smiley: (And sorry about the Death Cab in set 7, but I do like a lot of pop, and that WOULD be a pretty difficult song to play on GH)

Set 1
Led Zeppelin - When The Levee Breaks
Vertical Horizon - Best I Ever Had
Pete Yorn - On Your Side
Ben Lee - Gamble Everything For Love

Set 2
Hooverphonic - Gentle Storm
Neverending White Lights - The Grace
Radiohead - Subterranean Homesick Alien
Alexisonfire - Rough Hands

Set 3
The Spill Canvas - Low Fidelity
Paramore - That’s What You Get
Coldplay - Daylight
Copeland - Control Freak

Set 4
Lost Prophets - Last Train Home
Matthew Good - Apparitions
The Fray - Over My Head (Cable Car)
Led Zeppelin - Battle Of Evermore

Set 5
In Flames - Metaphor
Deftones - Digital Bath
Metallica - Whiskey In The Jar
Thrice - Artist In The Ambulance

Set 6
Say Anything - Spay Me
City And Color - In The Water I Am Beautiful
Dave Matthews Band - Two Step
Brand New - Limousine (MS Rebridge)

Set 7
Death Cab For Cutie - A Movie Script Ending
Andy McKee - Gates of Gnomeria
Rammstein - Engel (German)
Matthew Good - Weapon

Set 8
Killswitch Engage - End Of Heartache
A Perfect Circle - Orestes
Moneen - Don’t Ever Tell Locke What He Can’t Do
Tool - Rosetta Stoned

I like Dead Kennedys, Heart, and Pat Benetar. Well… okay… not Pat Benetar.

Good. The first 2 are forgiveable. The last one isn’t :stuck_out_tongue:

You’re gonna be pretty disappointed.

I know, this is all just hypothetical

Too much Led Zeppelin. Too little Good Charlotte.

If I had to put a Good Charlotte song in there, it’d probably be “Predictable.” I’m not a big fan of them but I really like that song.

If I could make the next Guitar Hero:

Iron Maiden. And lots of it.

Sprinkle lightly with Under Pressure, Beat It, and Sweep The Leg Johnny.

THIS would win me over to GH. No joke about it, this man has it down, sorry Hades.

You’d prefer a GH without any variety whatsoever, and only cheesy 80s metal? Alright, cool. We’re not friends :stuck_out_tongue:

I, for one, would like to see some Lordi on a GH game.

You have Metallica from Black Album or later on your list. Pat Benatar is both better and more metal. Seriously, James Hetfield doing his atonal country croon of an Irish folk song turned into a stream of distorted, Nickleback-esque power chords? Fuck that song.

I want a Guitar Hero made up of only songs featuring Mike Patton.

Oh, I must be mistaken. I thought Pat Benatar wrote the kind of vapid 80s poprock jingles you only ever hear in halfassed TV commercials hoping to appeal to the depressed, middle-aged masses longing to return to their glory days.

It’s a good thing you pointed out she’s more metal than a band called Metallica that actually resembles any other band I’ve ever heard classified as metal before, or I might’ve gone on thinking Metallica was actually a legitimate musical endeavor.

And just FYI, the Mustaine-plagued shit before Justice is at least as bad as anything after Black. At least the black album delivered a few hard hitting songs. I can’t stand any of that weak, buzzy thrash garbage.

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6191921.html

I’m working on this fyi.

Also Beat It was confirmed.

Song listings?

Change '80s to '90s and you’ve got a pretty good approximation of post-Black Album Metallica. Although, they cry on Camera way more often than she does. Seriously, I bet she could kick the crap out of all of them. Especially fucking Lars.

A name doesn’t make a band. If they did, Straylight Run wouldn’t suck so bad, and Bonnie Prince Billy would make modern country covers of Scottish folk songs. Which is pretty much what Metallica’s Whiskey in the Jar is, but Irish. Also, constantly. heavily distorted guitars and low vocals don’t make a band metal. They could very well be a mediocre alt-rock band with a generic vocalist and a guitarist who probably has very poor technique.
P.S. they totally are

I am already making a facetious, somewhat condescending joke argument against you. Please, do not make it easier for me by saying anything on the Black Album was “hard hitting.” I’ve been hit harder by ska.

Hahahaha.

That’s a noble sentiment. There was a rumour Faith No More may reunite, but tbh I’d be more interested in a Mr. Bungle world tour.

Oh boy, Mr. Bungle world tour would be intense. I need to see Patton live one of these days in any of his projects… what a mad man.